• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Updates Rockstar’s ‘Agent’ Trademark Once Again

ekim

Pardon my ignorance, but what does it mean when you say it is posted on "V" ?

4chan, the videogame channel

And yeah - the blurred pistol looks cheap as hell but maybe some kind of animation from a trailer?

But trademarking a number - I don't think that's possible. I will check that.

This just popped up on /v/ . Looks fake so I don't know if a new thread is warranted:

1441717505092.png

It seems like to be the same pistol as in the Agent logo.

Faker than a fake pair of tits.

This game is dead and expect RDR 2, Bully 2, LA Noire 2 and GTA VI before Agent.

Walpurgis

Banned
The game is set during the cold war so 1977 makes sense. According to this, the only significant development is that "a nuclear non-proliferation pact is signed by 15 countries, including the United States and the Soviet Union". However, 1977 as a title doesn't make sense to me. The only explanation that does make sense to me is that this is a screenshot of a trailer and the 1977 reforms to Agent.

edit: I just noticed the hashtag. Yuck.

Eggbok

This just popped up on /v/ . Looks fake so I don't know if a new thread is warranted:

1441717505092.png

It seems like to be the same pistol as in the Agent logo.

I want to make an equally convincing Agent poster too. Then we can discuss which one is actually real.
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

But seriously I hope we find out more soon, I'd love to see what this game is about.

If it's still happening i higly doubt it'll still be an exclusive for Sony. I doubt Take Two is willing to miss out on Xbox money, so to speak.

What was the deal between Sony and Rockstar? Something about letting GTA become multiplatform in exchange for a future exclusive game?
Letting GTA become multiplatform as in waiving an exclusivity contract or something of the sort. Anyone with actual knowledge of this and not just vague recolections?

On one hand its nice that Rockstar doesn't annualize or over saturate the market with their titles, but man they have so many IP I'd like to be playing. Bully...Red Dead...Midnight Club...Manhunt.

A new series would be nice, but I'd like some sequels to those as well. Also, where is the GTAV story DLC? Those usually tend to be fantastic.

Walpurgis

Banned
On one hand its nice that Rockstar doesn't annualize or over saturate the market with their titles, but man they have so many IP I'd like to be playing. Bully...Red Dead...Midnight Club...Manhunt.

A new series would be nice, but I'd like some sequels to those as well. Also, where is the GTAV story DLC? Those usually tend to be fantastic.

I think that got cancelled in favour of GTA V remastered.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What was the deal between Sony and Rockstar? Something about letting GTA become multiplatform in exchange for a future exclusive game?
Letting GTA become multiplatform as in waiving an exclusivity contract or something of the sort. Anyone with actual knowledge of this and not just vague recolections?

The rumour is that Agent was Take-Two repaying what Sony had already funded of LA Noire's development prior to R* taking over as publisher, but this arrangement later changed and instead Take-Two simply paid back what Sony had invested in order to have full control over Agent's release (i.e. the freedom to make it multiplatform).

The rumour is that Agent was R* repaying what Sony had already funded of LA Noire's development prior to it becoming a R* game, but this arrangement changed and instead R* paid back what Sony had invested in order to get Agent on more platforms.
I remember the first part of the rumor but not the second part. It's pretty unlikely it would be exclusive either way.

julrik

Got excited there for a second, but it looks pretty fake..

Anyways, with GTA V out of the way (not including DLC) out of the way, Rockstar must be up to something. The question is what. A new Red Dead wouldn't hurt at all, but I love new IPs, and Rockstar making a spy game in the Cold War? Yes please!

Walpurgis

Banned
The rumour is that Agent was Take-Two repaying what Sony had already funded of LA Noire's development prior to R* taking over as publisher, but this arrangement later changed and instead Take-Two simply paid back what Sony had invested in order to have full control over Agent's release (i.e. the freedom to make it multiplatform).

The second part is new to me but seems like the most sensible thing, considering how damn slow Rockstar is.

SomTervo

IIRC Red Dead was one of their best selling products, their best selling one aside from GTA. We'll definitely be getting RDR2. The question is when.

Agent? Don't know if I buy its existence.

Lakitu

st5fu
Such a bad fake. At least they updated the trademark... I guess. They've just been doing that for the past few years. I do expect it to resurface at some point though.

Walpurgis

Banned
Yes please.

I want a new Bully and RDR more than a new GTA. It has been more than 3 years since Max Payne 3 so if they are using a modified GTA V engine, they should be done the new Bully by 2017 unless something goes horribly wrong. It's been so long since the last one and American high schools and America's portrayal in the media in general has changed quite a bit. I hope the new one deals with race issues, social media and cyber bullying. And I hope it is closer to RDR in tone. I'm a little tired of GTA's over the top ridiculousness, tbh.

ekim

I want a new Bully and RDR more than a new GTA. It has been more than 3 years since Max Payne 3 so if they are using a modified GTA V engine, they should be done the new Bully by 2017 unless something goes horribly wrong. It's been so long since the last one and American high schools and America's portrayal in the media in general has changed quite a bit. I hope the new one deals with race issues, social media and cyber bullying. And I hope it is closer to RDR in tone. I'm a little tired of GTA's over the top ridiculousness, tbh.

And I'm one of the few that wants a new LA Noire instead of RDR2 or GTAVI... The potential...

Servbot24

Banned
This is just the weirdest game to me. There is nothing interesting about it, we know nothing about it other than word "Agent", and yet people just cannot let it go. Is the word "Agent" really that fascinating? Sure, Rockstar is making it, but it's a given that they're making games. If they're not making "Agent", they're making "Squad", or "Hunter", or "Cupcake" or some other random game that we also know nothing about.

Chris1

This is just the weirdest game to me. There is nothing interesting about it, we know nothing about it other than word "Agent", and yet people just cannot let it go. Is the word "Agent" really that fascinating? Sure, Rockstar is making it, but it's a given that they're making games. If they're not making "Agent", they're making "Squad", or "Hunter", or "Cupcake" or some other random game that we also know nothing about.
Then people would be hyped for "Squad", "Hunter" or "Cupcake" instead of Agent?

It's a Rockstar game. It's bound to be very good regardless of it's name. It could be a pooping simulator people would still be hyped for it.

mtodavk

Because it's a new IP from Rockstar. They tend to be pretty good.

Walpurgis

Banned

The premise was very intriguing. Other than MGS3, I don't know of any spy games sent during the cold war, let alone one made by a studio with as much prestige as Rockstar. It was also announced as a PS exclusive so that would be a big one to add to the list wars.

Top Bottom