• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Updates Rockstar’s ‘Agent’ Trademark Once Again

Ricky_R

In a world where last E3 didn't happen I would've laughed histerically. Now, I have no fucking idea.

Sony disabled most of our jokes in one sitting.

I mean, it could be in development. Everything from Rockstar sells so they aren't just doing GTA's in the future just because it sold 50 million copies.

It's still listed in the rockstar social club... for ages actually.
screenshot2015-08-07anlujz.png

LOL I am a believer but probably a multiplatform game now.

Sony "What do you mean it's not exclusive? We paid you 8 million."
Rockstar "We need more money so we can finish the next Red Dead game, so Agent will be multiplatform so we can make more money."
Sony "What the hell happen to all those billions you made off of GTA V?"
Rockstar "That's none of your business."
Sony "We just paid you 8 million, did you you forget.?"
Rockstar "Just be grateful. At least you'll get DLC first on Playstation for 1 year, so everything is fine."
Sony "That's not good enough"
Rockstar "And life isn't fair"
Sony "You signed the contract, so you are going to make Agent exclusive and finish the damn game before we have a Last Guardian 2.0 on our hands."
Rockstar -
5562679+_deb3fa7855a0bfb481bccfcc05c17030.gif

Euron

Mark my words, Sony is going to top E3 2015 with a triple combo of Agent, Crash Bandicoot, and...what else aside from Half Life 3 is there to announce that isn't a Rockstar game?

Walpurgis

Banned
Since Rockstar cancelled their GTA V DLC plans, Rockstar North could be working on this (or the next GTA). I think the next Rockstar game will be Red Dead from Rockstar San Diego. Rockstar Vancouver did Max Payne in 2012 and expressed interest in another Bully. That's all I can think of. Are there anymore Rockstars?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
As far as I can tell from the prosecution history, the mark has not been renewed. They simply have kept filing ordinary requests for extension of time to file a Statement of Use, and most recent event was on June 5 this year when they were granted the third extension period. Nevertheless, there's obviously some kind of interest in this game still.

Mark my words, Sony is going to top E3 2015 with a triple combo of Agent, Crash Bandicoot, and...what else aside from Half Life 3 is there to announce that isn't a Rockstar game?
Silent Hills.

DrArchon

On one hand, there's The Last Guardian, Shenmue III and the FFVII Remake, so nothing's impossible.

But on the other hand, Nintendo re-ups the rights to Eternal Darkness every once in a while and that's gotten us nothing, so I'm still not getting my hopes up.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
stop pulling at my heart strings, I wonder if it is still exclusive. It does make sense if it is still alive however TLG devs stated its a bitch t code over from ps3-ps4 due to the cell, if the game was in the works and fucking huge I can only imagine the pain staking task at doing it

Memento

I really don't understand the obsession about this game. We know absolutely nothing about it so it is a different case from TLG, FFXV and Shenmue 3 (in this case, we have the predecessors).

It doesn't make any chance. Why would you want something that you don't even know anything about it? I mean, if it is cancelled, what would you lost? Exactly, you don't know, because the game essencially doesn't exist yet.

Turkoop

Banned
Dude this will be huge.. Rockstar will use the whole Power auf PS4
CANT WAIT FOR THIS SHEEEET
PLS VERENDUS OR SHINOBI, say smth

If they were showing off Agent or GTAV DLC at Gamescom we should know pretty soon. I'd be happy with either one but no doubt about it, Agent would be much more exciting.

ekim

This just popped up on /v/ . Looks fake so I don't know if a new thread is warranted:

1441717505092.png

It seems like to be the same pistol as in the Agent logo.

Walpurgis

Banned
This just popped up on /v/ . Looks fake so I don't know if a new thread is warranted:

1441717505092.png

It seems like to be the same pistol as in the Agent logo.

I believe. I'm just surprised at the Xbone since it was announced as a PlayStation franchise in return for R* taking L.A. Noire off of Sony's hands. I believe this warrants a thread so detective-gaf/photoshop-gaf can debunk it if it's fake.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I dreamt the other night that Agent resurfaced... as a serial drama TV series. I don't think that was my inner seer rearing its head, though. ;)

Edit: There's no trademark for "1977" that pertains to video games. The closest equivalent is this Instragram trademark.

Pre-E3... I would have just laughed at this thread. Now, Sony has me back in dream land.

I don't know if this is ever going to be real or not. I wouldn't mind to see a new IP from Rockstar though.

Vinc

I don't think you can trademark "1977", and that pistol looks blurry as hell, not in a good way. It just looks amateurish, definitely fake.

Top Bottom