• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot - I Can Handle Bloodborne DLC and Dark Souls 3 Simultaneously, says Miyazaki

Souls creator insists that splitting work between Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne won't hurt either.

Bloodborne director Hidetaka Miyazaki has assuranced that the quality of the game's upcoming expansion will not be impacted by his second project, Dark Souls 3, which he is serving as director on.

Fan expectations for the expansion are high, given the widespread critical acclaim Bloodborne and previous DLC developed by From Software, specifically Artorias of the Abyss, have received.

Given the lack of information about the Bloodborne DLC, as well as the degree Miyazaki is involved with it, fans voiced worries when it was revealed Miyazaki is directing Dark Souls 3.

Speaking in an interview with GameSpot, however, Miyazaki said he believes he has the capacity to work on both projects concurrently, and reminded fans it wouldn't be the first time he has done so.

"The bottom line is, I think I can do it. I believe I can do both the Bloodborne DLC and Dark Souls 3," he said. "This isn’t the first time I’ve had to work on two projects at the same time."

He continued: "When I was doing Demon’s Souls, I was also working on Armoured Core: For Answer. Even for the original Dark Souls, I acted as producer and director."

According to Miyazaki, delegating some of the heavy lifting on development of Dark Souls 3 will allow him to focus on designing his projects.

"In the case of Bloodborne, although I was the lead game director, there was another director level person that also contributed," he explained. "This is the same for Dark Souls 3.

"Actually, [Yui] Tanimura-san, the director of Dark Souls 2, has already joined the [Dark Souls 3] team, which will allow me to work on core gameplay design while other things are taken care of."

He ended by stating that any product with his name on it would be of high quality.

"As long as I am listed as game director on the end credits, there’s a certain level of quality the game needs to meet. I can guarantee that the game quality will reach that."

Asked to clarify if that was the case for both Bloodborne DLC and Dark Souls 3, he said "yes."

lock if old

Source

"Actually, [Yui] Tanimura-san, the director of Dark Souls 2, has already joined the [Dark Souls 3] team, which will allow me to work on core gameplay design while other things are taken care of."

No. No. No. No.

ced

I think he will be able to diversify them a bit more if he is working on both at same time.

Should be great.

I thought after 200 hours of Bloodborne and Dark Souls II: SotFS back to back earlier this year, I'd be worn out on Souls.

NOPE! Hyped as all fuck for this DLC and Dark Souls III. I sit tight in anticipation for both.

Gbraga

MZhQo1i.jpg.png

Arkeband

Banned
I'm completely burnt out on Souls from Bloodborne whittling away my sanity with endless cookie-cutter chalice dungeons and bosses with enormous health pools.

By the time either of these come out I'll probably be ready again, but it's not a burning desire like it was anticipating DS2 after being blown away by DS1.

klee123

No. No. No. No.

Actually, whilst certain aspects DS2 leaves a lot to be desired, the game did bring a lot of welcome additions to the series.

Additions like allowing you to respec, bonfire aecetics, having the option to move into ng+ at your will after beating the last boss are awesome additions which I kinda wished were in Bloodborne.

Rush_Khan

Oh man, I am so excited for both of them. The Souls series and Bloodborne have stolen my heart, every second spent away from them is a painful second.

Actually, whilst certain aspects DS2 leaves a lot to be desired, the game did bring a lot of welcome additions to the series. Additions like allowing you to respec, bonfire aecetics, having the option to move into ng+ at your will after beating the last boss are awesome additions which I kinda wished were in Bloodborne.

True. Definitely hope respeccing is included moving forward.

You expected the director of the preceding game to not even be on the team for this? Lol He's not going to actively sabotage it.

Not sure what I thought. Just hope Miyazaki is making this his magnum opus.

gdt

From really does make some of the best DLC there is. Artorias is GOAT, and people say similar things about Dark Soul II DLC, here's hoping that Bloodborne follows.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
"As long as I am listed as game director on the end credits, there’s a certain level of quality the game needs to meet. I can guarantee that the game quality will reach that."

Yesssss, come down on them hard, Miyazaki. Tanimura did not do Dark Souls 2 justice. Tight leash, watchful eye, occasional raised fist gestures.

nilbog21

Banned
Dark souls 2 is incredibly sick. Glad they brought the director to contribute

The haters talk non sense and are clueless about dark souls in general imo

pa22word

People really overstate the quality difference between Dark Souls 1 and 2. 1 is better but 2 is still a great game

If you read through the design works for DS2 it makes it seem, as was pretty obvious to anyone who was following the game's release, that the game was just completely butchered halfway through development to meet 7th gen systems. Like at one point they flat out admit that they had to scrap the entire game and use the scraps that still worked to weave together something presentable because they had a hard release date they couldn't miss. Given that the DLC showed that they could make some brilliant stuff when they weren't scrambling a game together to meet a deadline, I really can't see why anyone would still throw shit on the DS2 team for anything.

Fisty

People must be happy that Dark Souls 2 director is jumping on board for Dark Souls 3!

Didnt Tanimura jump on board DS2 a little ways into development? I thought he was the one that had to stitch together the new stuff he helped make with the stuff already made? Hell, he was in charge of the DLC, which was fantastic.

Averon

Wonder when we will learn about BB DLC. There's TGS next month, Sony's Paris show in October, and PSX in December.

sense

Summer next year realistically so both Bloodborne Expansion and Dark Souls III aren't fighting each other.

bloodborne dlc is planned to come out this year. probably around november to sell a complete edition with dlc around black friday. I can't see an expansion coming out more than a year later. you might as well make a new game at that point

Yes, I fear BB's DLC may not have Miyazaki involved but this makes me happy :D
Just replay BB yesterday to prepare DLC (all of my characters before are in NG+)
And next year we have DS3 too. This man is a beast

bloodborne dlc is planned to come out this year. probably around november to sell a complete edition with dlc around black friday. I can't see an expansion coming out more than a year later. you might as well make a new game at that point

Where is complete edition come from? If it's true i may double dip :p

Gbraga

I see no reason to worry about Tanimura being part of the team, what do you guys think he'll do, shit on Miyazaki's coffee? It's ok to think he wasn't a great director, but nothing shows he's such a terrible person that everything he touches dies.

Dark souls 2 is incredibly sick. Glad they brought the director to contribute

The haters talk non sense and are clueless about dark souls in general imo

What do you mean by clueless about Dark Souls in general?

Servbot24

Banned
Tanimura made an amazing game, and he will have learned from the experience to get even better. Miyazaki has made some all-time classic games. DS3 will be fantastic.

Top Bottom