• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot - I Can Handle Bloodborne DLC and Dark Souls 3 Simultaneously, says Miyazaki

Wynnebeck

Banned
That quote makes it sound so badass

"I CAN DO BOTH OF THEM"

Then he shoved the interviewer down and flew away

guest.jpg

Inside joke for my Gaki no Tsukai fans who watched the Flight Attendant batsu.

I don't know where this quote is from but this isn't new news.

I think Isamu Okano was the co-director for Bloodborne.

He was. Since Miyazaki works on multiple projects he needs someone to actually be there in the lab helping to implement his design ideas. Thats where Okano comes in apparently.

Production Director - Okano Design Director - Miyazaki is what I take from it.

Pandy

To me the clueless ones are the ones that can't see how DS2 completely misses the point, including its director. Honestly I find it astonishing that people can stomach it, let alone try to convince themselves and others that there is no difference in quality and design. It's like a bizarro version of the 30 FPS vs 60 FPS debate, where some people not only can't tell the difference (fair enough) but insist that there is no perceivable difference and people are just imagining it.
And yes, I'm aware of the irony of that simile when DS2 is 60 FPS on PC and PS4 while Bloodborne is 30 FPS; Bloodborne is just that much better even so.
DS1>DS2>>>>>>>>>BB
(Haven't played Demon's Souls)
If anything this news gives me hope for DS3, as Bloodborne killed my blind fandom of Miyazaki.

Neiteio

I believe he's learned his lesson from Dark Souls 2. Now I'm eager to see how his capabilities have evolved.
"Learned his lesson." People talk about the director of DS2 like he's a puppy who peed on the rug. Now that I'm playing DS2, I really don't understand the hate some people have. It's an excellent game, through and through. Stands alongside the other titles just fine.

As long as he keeps putting out the greatest games of our generation, I don't care how many projects he works on at once. So far, he can do no wrong.

He brought a sense of excitement, mystery, and discovery back to gaming after it had stagnated for years.

I feel reassured that Miyazaki is leading the Bloodborne DLC. And I really don't care that B-Team members are on the DaS3 team, as long as Miyazaki is directing.

DaS2 has positives that Miyazaki can pull from, which I'd welcome. Even though I find it the weakest of the Souls/Bloodborne games, DaS2 has additions to the Souls formula such as additional items found in deeper NG+ runs or bonfire ascetics, great multiplayer, and I feel the best use of covenants.

And M will address some of my biggest issues with DaS2 anyway (Adaptability stat, Soul Memory, and level / enemy encounter design).

I feel reassured that Miyazaki is leading the Bloodborne DLC. And I really don't care that B-Team members are on the DaS3 team, as long as Miyazaki is directing.

DaS2 has positives that Miyazaki can pull from, which I'd welcome. Even though I find it the weakest of the Souls/Bloodborne games, DaS2 has additions to the Souls formula such as additional items found in deeper NG+ runs or bonfire ascetics, great multiplayer, and I feel the best use of covenants.

And M will address some of my biggest issues with DaS2 anyway (Adaptability stat, Soul Memory, and level / enemy encounter design).

Exactly this. Makes me extremely excited for 3.

"I CAN DO BOTH OF THEM"

Then he shoved the interviewer down and flew away

That's kind of how I read it at first, minus the flying and shoving. Like, him getting really defensive and annoyed at the even slightest implication that he doesn't have the stuff.

159.gif

good

DS2<3

anyone that thinks the so called """B Team""" wasnt helping or fully on the DS3 team was kidding themsevels...

cant fucking wait...

I have no doubt that the DS2 team was working on DS3, but at the same time I'm sure this time Miyazaki have them in constant check so DS2 mistakes don't repeat. And looking at early DS3 previews is already happening.

Tiops

I have absolute confidence that Dark Souls 3 will be awesome, and won't have the same issues that Dark Souls 2 had. Miyazaki already proved that he's an awesome director, and that he also excels at other roles in game design.

Having the Dark Souls 2 director helping him with the game is not an issue at all.

JayEH

No. No. No. No.

First off, that guy was brought in as director of DS2 towards the end of the project when the game wasn't doing too hot. So even though DS2 wasn't as good as the other games in the series, it could have been a lot worse than it turned out. (this is via the DS2 design works)

Second, Miyazaki is still in charge so there's nothing to worry about. Everyone also needs to stop acting like DS2 was hot garbage when it was a good game in its own hright and did a lot of things right.

sublimit

Banned
"As long as I am listed as game director on the end credits, there’s a certain level of quality the game needs to meet. I can guarantee that the game quality will reach that."

Man the expectations surrounding his name must make him feel as stressful as hell.Thankfully he has an incredibly talented team to help him.

ExVicis

"I CAN DO BOTH OF THEM"

Then he parried the interviewer down and then used a homeward bone

Fixed.

In any case I'm glad he thinks he can do it but I am a bit concerned and hope he really isn't biting off more than he can chew. I do recall sometime ago Miyazaki had said that since being President his workload has increased a lot more. II hope he's right but I'd rather have a good Souls addition that doesn't suffer in quality. Also I don't want Miyazaki to get burnt out on this stuff either.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Dark souls 2 is incredibly sick. Glad they brought the director to contribute

The haters talk non sense and are clueless about dark souls in general imo

lol I've played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne. DSII is the first game I've played that I'm fighting to get through. Shit is just boring and feels like a step back.

Gbraga

Saved! Awesome GIF. It would be even more awesome if both series could co-exist. I absolutely adore Bloodborne and want to see Sony do more with their new IP. :D

What would a possible sequel be, though? Just make a completely different thing, just keeping Cosmic Horror as its theme or a direct sequel? I really want to see more trick weapons and I want to see them elaborating on the Insight mechanic, but I'm not sure I want a direct sequel.

Dark souls 2 is incredibly sick. Glad they brought the director to contribute

The haters talk non sense and are clueless about dark souls in general imo

No, I understand very much what the Souls games are about and what makes them special and I still don't like DS2.

I even think that people who prefer it over the other Souls games have no clue what's actually good about Dark Souls, Demon's Souls.

I don't know why but i get a Kojima-esque feeling about Miyazaki and his dedication to quality in his games. Maybe I'm just excited for MGS V and DS III

sith23

Neo Member
Every time he speaks can't help but like him more. DS3, BB DLC, several new projects, he has to be really pumped right now.

Kieli

I'm also not a fan of the massive health pools of enemies.

Bosses would have as much as 15k health whereas in DS1 they would have 5k.

"Learned his lesson." People talk about the director of DS2 like he's a puppy who peed on the rug. Now that I'm playing DS2, I really don't understand the hate some people have. It's an excellent game, through and through. Stands alongside the other titles just fine.

Its mechanically bad, cheap mobs,adaptability stat made challenge runs suck.
Amazing level design only exists in a few area's.
Most boss's are incredibly easy and boring.
Healing mechanics are awful.
Lore is awful.
So from a PVE challenge runner, this is whats wrong with the game.
For a first playthrough its fine for a fan of souls, but in the longterm there was just too much wrong with it and it was so much more enjoyable to go back to dark souls 1.

gai_shain

If Miyazaki didn't JUST say he was taking a break from Dark Souls after this one, I would be fine. But I want the last Dark Souls game I play to be perfect.

Well he hasnt made a perfect games yet. So him making it "alone" wouldnt help with that most likely.

Did people think the dks2 director got fired after dks2? Or did people really think he wont ever work on anything again?

You can easily do 1k damage with 2 hits on Bloodborne (Chikage). If bosses had only 5k I would destroy them on +10 weapons and a few good gems. Even so, bosses like Ebrietas gets totally destroyed.

Well youve got to think. In Bloodborne youre damage output can get pretty crazy depending on what gems you have. So bosses having huge HP pools is probably a result of that.

EDIT: Beaten

Jaeger

And I have no reason to doubt him whatsoever. Then again, I didn't have any doubts that the upcoming DLC or DSIII would suffer during development in anyway.

DeS, DS, DS2, and BB have all been incredible games, and easily my favorites ever created. There's no reason to cry wolf unless there's a damn wolf.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
"As long as I am listed as game director on the end credits, there's a certain level of quality the game needs to meet. I can guarantee that the game quality will reach that."

OK, I'm in.

Top Bottom