• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Divinity: Original Sin 2 [Over, $2 million funded]

Arulan

Charmed both characters.

martini.png

Durante

Swen: "I can't think of the word in English, the thing that comes before the fall"
"Erm, summer?"

It's pretty good for unscripted comedy :p

mclem

It's put on a little over 30k in the 6 hours since I checked it last.
There are 16 hours to go.

I reckon it'll make it to the 2M if it keeps ramping up. I suppose the burning corollary question, though, is how does the end of this fit around various timezones?

Aim_Ed

Had no idea that this was a thing, but I had to back it ASAP. The first one is definitely one of my favourite games of all time, probably in my top 5.

seph1roth

Hope Chris Avellone writing means better writing and conversations.

As RPG, Divinity OS is very dissapointing, yeah, is a great game but it's writing, level design, choice & consequence, and conversation system is awful.

Specially the conversation system, really? hand, paper scisors in conversations in an isometric rpg? T_T

seph1roth

It makes sense for a co-op game but I don't like it in the single-player mode.

(The RPS game is slightly influenced by your personality skills)

True, but that's the reason i don't consider this game the "RPG of the decade", personally the only games that can have that award could be Pillars of Eternity, Age of decadence, Underraild or even Wasteland 2 (yes, THAT buggy game, but a great CRPG with great quest and level design, with the DC even better).

But, i have to say, even if Divinity is not a "true" rpg with those issues, is an INCREDIBLE game overall, with the best combat system i've seen in any rpg.

But i think that as an rpg, there are better games out there...

I backed this thinking I purchased the original on Steam. I haven't yet :lol

If I back for $50 to get the Enhanced edition, have they said if they'll send those keys out right away?

Linkark07

Banned
I backed this thinking I purchased the original on Steam. I haven't yet :lol

If I back for $50 to get the Enhanced edition, have they said if they'll send those keys out right away?

Yep. When Kickstarter launched, I send them a message. According to them, "you'll get the code for the Enhanced Edition as soon as it's released!"

Yep. When Kickstarter launched, I send them a message. According to them, "you'll get the code for the Enhanced Edition as soon as it's released!"

Pledge $25 or more

9,999 backers Limited (1 left of 10000)

Divine Dibs

Divinity: Original Sin 2 as a digital download for PC, available from Steam with Alpha and Beta access included, or DRM-free from GOG.com. Also comes with a Digital Game Manual, a 'Backer' Forum Badge and behind-the-scenes footage.

Get it while it's hot! Just moved up to $50

1 left to go :lol

Holy cow, I thought the DM mode was unlocked at 2.1 mil and not 2.0 mil. It might actually make it with all the other fundraising streams. I really hope it does.

If anyone can pull off a great DM mode, it is Larian. They have the imagination and ambition to do it justice.

Kalentan

I decided to back it anyway. Shall continue the original after they release the Enhanced Edition... Which is free for PC users... right?

Top Bottom