• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Divinity: Original Sin 2 [Over, $2 million funded]

Anno

Man the music is so good. And I love the instrumental choices; I hope they add more. It's kind of an iMUSE throwback. I'm a cello man for now, I think. C'mon French Horn!

Adnor

Banned
Aaagh I'll have to wait a few hours to play, the nothing I tried was cool, love the animations and the UI looks even better.

robotrock

Banned
I imagine they'll be using the EA period for polish and refinement in the meantime. If it's anything like DOS1, the rest of the content will only drop upon release. (though I assume Undead Origin will make it in earlier.)

Nobody knows, not even Larian, it's one of the reasons for doing EA, to balance and test the game. The only thing we know it's that it's more than likely that the full game will not be released this year as it was originally planned.

Glad the early access stuff actually works out for these guys! I'm going to use this release excitement as an opportunity to finally play the first game. Excited!

epmode

Can you not change a character's sex if you pick a pre-made origin? I'm also unable to customize my starting spells/skills.

Anno

Can you not change a character's sex if you pick a pre-made origin? I'm also unable to customize my starting spells/skills.

I think the origin characters are locked at the moment except for appearance, stats and talent point.

But guys this is real good. Fuck these crazy turtles though.

epmode

I think the origin characters are locked at the moment except for appearance, stats and talent point.

Is that going to last until the final release? If so, I'm thinking they're going to add full voice acting. I figure they're not letting you change sex because it would double the voice work.

I might be mistaken! I'd love to see some kind of breakdown of the planned and/or missing features.

Anno

Is that going to last until the final release? If so, I'm thinking they're going to add full voice acting. I figure they're not letting you change sex because it would double the voice work.

I might be mistaken! I'd love to see some kind of breakdown of the planned and/or missing features.

I dunno. Sex seems likely to be locked if I had to guess. Skills maybe not, though.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man. MAN. I played for maybe 15 minutes and I have to stop. I want to play and experience this when it is fully out and ready. Man, this game looks so fucking cool. I don't think I've been that hyped for a game since Pillars.

Some foley work is obviously missing and since they added it to OS I asume this'll also have full voice acting. But man, the fighting system feels already soooo good. And I love the options in the character creator. I spend like 20 minutes depite knowing that I'll probably only play for 30 minutes or so. So glad I backed this.

Edit: Is there a planned release date for the game? It'll probably not make 2016, right?

Alright, I'm going to make a simple "DOS2 is out" thread that can round up some FAQs and general info about the Steam release, rather than the Kickstarter itself.
So when will I be able to buy this? I didn't back the kickstarter.

Tomorrow is when it releases in EA. Larian just decided to give a headstart for backers.

And a 2017 full release was confirmed, or at least, heavily suggested by Swen in one of the updates.

Ploid 3.0

Tomorrow is when it releases in EA. Larian just decided to give a headstart for backers.

And a 2017 full release was confirmed, or at least, heavily suggested by Swen in one of the updates.

I'm actually relieved to see this. I thought the game just released by the early posts on this page (I was planning to impulse buy it as I read through this page). I really need to push through DS OS or maybe just wait for this and see how the early testing feedback is.

Mivey

Are there no gamepad controls yet? I guess with all the new interfaces they didn't begin designing how to make them work on a controller.

Feels great so far, though clothing has a weird "glimmering" effect, like z-fighting. Clearly an alpha product, but already great to play.

Adnor

Banned
Alright, I'm going to make a simple "DOS2 is out" thread that can round up some FAQs and general info about the Steam release, rather than the Kickstarter itself.

Go for it!

Just remember to recommend Pet Pal to talk to animals and get ALL THE DIALOGUE.

Top Bottom