• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 EU will cost £29.99/€39.99. 15% Preorder Discount. 22GB. Release date soon.

Go_Ly_Dow

tumblr_m8tixo6pfj1qabi47o3_500.gif

Thank to IGN and oneida.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177436880&postcount=599

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/08/26/yakuza-5-launching-in-europe-with-a-limited-time-discount

NA release - pricing and discount thread can be found here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1101833

We did it, GAF! BELIEVE!

tumblr_mamxsbLn3o1rsl35ao1_500.gif

Trace

Banned
On one hand I really want to buy this.

On the other hand unless it releases in the next week I probably won't have time to play it :(

Trace

Banned
Hmmm too pricey for me for a digital only game, I am gonna pass and wait until it goes on sale.

How does it decrease in value because it's only digital? Would importing the Japanese physical release make it worth more to you?

Go_Ly_Dow

Hmmm too pricey for me for a digital only game, I am gonna pass and wait until it goes on sale.

£25.50 (including discount) is a amazing price for something with as much content as Yakuza.

You will be waiting a long, long time for a digital discount sale for this game.

SxP

Expected after the US price. Thankfully we got the discount as well, sometimes SCEE can be real boneheads about launch discounts.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Thread is incorrect, there is no pre-order for EU! The 15% discount lasts for some undisclosed amount of time (a week?) when the game launches, and only to PS+ members.

Tizoc

Should've waited til the actual release date was announced :p
I want to know the EU price as much as the next GAFfer but I think release date is more important.

Non the less EU PSN will have the discount on release.

I hate idol culture. Sad that is mandatory part of this game, but hey ho, it's not like the game will be better than Y2 or Y4 anyways, even numbered Yakuza is always the best. Hope we get Yakuza 0, which is the one I really want since Y5 looks like a bit of a rehash from Y4.

NastyBook

Gotta pre-order it tomorrow. But if this drops in September, it's got MGSV and TTK to contend with. That's not a good look.

Tizoc

Gotta pre-order it tomorrow. But if this drops in September, it's got MGSV and TTK to contend with. That's not a good look.

Metal Gear can wait. Manly men body slamming dumbass street punks onto the pavement, while walking their hostess date to the karaoke bar to get funky, cannot.

Koshiro

Give me the release date and my money is yours... on release... since you don't have pre-orders for us Euro folk..

Aki-at

A fair price for the best Yakuza game and best game ever made. Surprised how good the Haruka gameplay was, random street dance battles never felt so good.

I'm considering printing a custom cover in an empty box I have just to have my collection Y1, Y2, Y3, Y4 and Kenzan on my shelf

Metal Gear can wait. Manly men body slamming dumbass street punks onto the pavement, while walking their hostess date to the karaoke bar to get funky, cannot.

My man! also, take advantage of that discount! looking forward to the release date!

Mr Rivuz

To me 34€ (after the 15% discount) feels like a really good price considering what a huge full of content game it is. Whenever this comes i'll buy it.
Yakuza has the priority over everything else!

Looking out for this preorder when the US one went up got me to plug in my PS3 again. Still waiting on the preorder for Y5 but I've made a tonne of progress in Tales of Xillia 2 and just completed the speed run in Nier. It's actually been kinda nice.

To me 34€ (after the 15% discount) feels like a really good price considering what a huge full of content game it is. Whenever this comes i'll buy it.
Yakuza has the priority over everything else!

Yeah, Yakuza 4 is probably ma favorite PS3 game in term of content, gameplay, story, variety... its just so full so big so fun so good.

Y5 only looks better and bigger. Can't fucking wait. After all these years

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

Looking out for this preorder when the US one went up got me to plug in my PS3 again. Still waiting on the preorder for Y5 but I've made a tonne of progress in Tales of Xillia 2 and just completed the speed run in Nier. It's actually been kinda nice.
There is NO preorder for EU.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
If there's no preorder for Yakuza 5 in the EU I hope this means it releases very soon. So fucking excited. I don't think it matters when it releases as it's very much for the fans and we'll all be over it regardless.

Can someone help me clear up a couple of things here please? So contrary to what the thread title states, there's no preorder discount with the EU store version of the game right? Does that mean that you can only get 15% off if you're a PS+ member? If that's the case then I'm way better off buying a $40 PSN card and preordering on the US store instead, since I'm not currently a subscriber to PS+.

ZeroX03

Banned
Can someone help me clear up a couple of things here please? So contrary to what the thread title states, there's no preorder discount with the EU store version of the game right? Does that mean that you can only get 15% off if you're a PS+ member? If that's the case then I'm way better off buying a $40 PSN card and preordering on the US store instead, since I'm not currently a subscriber to PS+.

Correct.

May16

A fair price for the 6th-best Yakuza game
Fixed!
(I put Zero, Ishin, 4, 1&2 HD collection, and the second Kurohyo ahead of it. Well, then again, the order probably changes from day to day depending what I'm looking for. Still!)

...But of course, there are no bad Yakuza games. Still a goodie for those who haven't played it. :)

I really need to play 3 and 4. I played 3 only to the point where you fight the fat guys and 4 just to the point where you dress the women, which I found pretty annoying and that's why I stopped...

Top Bottom