• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 EU will cost £29.99/€39.99. 15% Preorder Discount. 22GB. Release date soon.

orient

Neo Member
More than happy to pay full price for any mainline Yakuza game, digital or physical. Guaranteed money well spent.

Hasney

I MIGHT HAVE FIXED MY PS3 YAYYYYY

... With a CFW application annoyingly, so I'm going to have to risk being connected to PSN for 22GB. I don't think you're flagged if you don't run pirated games, so I should be safe.

Also, it was a case of ramping up the fans fast as soon as it turns on to keep it cool, so now it's hard to even have a conversation when it's on.... Might just create a new PSN account and buy it through that.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Man ...

they just need to announce a friggin release date already :(

I need this game in my veins NOW !

Hasney

Man ...

they just need to announce a friggin release date already :(

I need this game in my veins NOW !

Metal Gear and Fallout are the only 2 games I'd prioritise over Yakuza.... So either drop RIGHT NOW or end of the year and I'm happy.

Metal Gear and Fallout are the only 2 games I'd prioritise over Yakuza.... So either drop RIGHT NOW or end of the year and I'm happy.

Right now would be the worst possible time for me, as I've still got Until Dawn, Volume, MGSV and Danganronpa to finish. Later in the year is fine, because I've really only got the Uncharted Collection and Persona 5 coming (Fallout can go sit in the corner for six or so months while Bethesda scrambles to fix their broken game) but I'm hoping for a January release. February and March are packed but January is pretty barren at the moment.

GeeTeeCee

Oh god I'm going to have to find a spare 22GB on my measly PS3 hard drive. Probably double that, thanks to the crazy way some of these PSN downloads work.

Worth it though.

Hasney

Right now would be the worst possible time for me, as I've still got Until Dawn, Volume, MGSV and Danganronpa to finish. Later in the year is fine, because I've really only got the Uncharted Collection and Persona 5 coming (Fallout can go sit in the corner for six or so months while Bethesda scrambles to fix their broken game) but I'm hoping for a January release. February and March are packed but January is pretty barren at the moment.

Yeah, I'd drop all of them bar MGS for it... Still can't believe I couldn't finish Until Dawn before MGS, damn life getting in the way. I mean, I could go do it now, but I've dropped 111 hours into MGS at this point.

I know Fallout is going to be broken, but that's always half the fun for me.

Oh god I'm going to have to find a spare 22GB on my measly PS3 hard drive. Probably double that, thanks to the crazy way some of these PSN downloads work.

Worth it though.

... Shit, I need to check the space on this thing. It's a 320GB HD, but I forgot you need double and god knows how much installed crap is on it. Think MGS4 and GT might install a ton of shit.

just drop the pre order on EU already. I will plug the PS3 back. Try Twisted Metal we got on PS+

Probably give Okami HD a second chance too... Only Fallout will interess me this fall on PS4 so Yakuza got a wide landing strip in my gaming time

Freddo

Bit annoying we don't have any pre-order yet.

I'm not really one to pre-order stuff, haven't pre-ordered a game in ~3 years, but this is a freaking Yakuza game!

Tizoc

Bit annoying we don't have any pre-order yet.

I'm not really one to pre-order stuff, haven't pre-ordered a game in ~3 years, but this is a freaking Yakuza game!

EU PSN will just have a week 1 discount, which is all good in my book :3
Plus it's releasing in Mid November and payday's next week for me XP

CR7D0sAWEAAfMJ3.jpg:large

It's a preview/review version of someone that works at rocketbeans tv and also has an account here, but I won't tell his name ^^

He posted it on twitter.

SephLuis

Time to replay this gem. Can't wait for all of you to jump into this.

And start telling your friends, loved ones, colleagues, everyone you know about this game. It's depressing that this haven't found a larger audience yet.

OmegaDL50

Probably will be my final PS3 game purchase.

Well, still it's a very nice farewell to the 7th console gen for me.

Looks gorgeous! Cannot wait to get back into this series. Here's hoping it does well enough for SEGA to localize YAKUZA 0 on PS4.

Probably will be my final PS3 game purchase.

Well, still it's a very nice farewell to the 7th console gen for me.

Yeah I guess it will be for me as well.

As someone who's come into the series late, I've been having a blast playing catch up. I wish they would release this series on PC to see if it could get a bigger audience.

Ludens

Banned
The only thing I don't like is the Haruka idol thing. Really, why should I be interested in becoming an idol, lol, while in Yakuza 2 she stated she wasn't interested.

Ludens

Banned
It's a Japan thing man.

I know, but Haruka said in Yakuza 2 she wasn't interested in that road. Also she is a very interesting character with a solid background, so Sega could follow that way actually providing an interesting story based on that. Just imagine a story-line in which Haruka is pursued and you need to evade people while seeking for help, it would be great.

Jimrpg

So what's the Australian price then? Hoping for $49.95 but it's probably going to be 59/69 going by the current exchange rate :(.

Will just get it from the US store with the discount then.

Tizoc

I know, but Haruka said in Yakuza 2 she wasn't interested in that road. Also she is a very interesting character with a solid background, so Sega could follow that way actually providing an interesting story based on that. Just imagine a story-line in which Haruka is pursued and you need to evade people while seeking for help, it would be great.

Wait really? Well you could always lump as some JP devs seeing Idols as the primary role you can give to a female character in theri games. I mean just look PersonaxFE :p

Go_Ly_Dow

I really wish they had ported it to PS4. My PS3 is long since retired. It would have sold a lot better as well.

If you still have a functioning PS3 then passing up on a very unique game that is likely the last in the series that we will ever play would be a mistake.

Buy it and have fun!

Ludens

Banned
Wait really? Well you could always lump as some JP devs seeing Idols as the primary role you can give to a female character in theri games. I mean just look PersonaxFE :p

Yes, it was a mandatory part in which a dude described her as an "angel" or something like that, asking Kiryu to hire her so she can work as idol, but she opposed so the dude eventually gave up. I never played a Persona so I don't know.
EDIT: Found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V11nwiP3ulA

Top Bottom