• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 EU will cost £29.99/€39.99. 15% Preorder Discount. 22GB. Release date soon.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
theyd sooner release it with the text bug then refund those who already paid for it over the last 3 months

pronk420

Does the plot in this depend on 4? Wondering if I need to finish that..

I really hope they out 3, 4 and souls (or even this?!) on ps now so I don't need to hook up the PS3.

Tizoc

Jeebus, I can wait a few more weeks, take it easy people...
Says the guy who is playing Batman AK on his PC Which runs at 20-30 FPS and is somehow playable

UrbanRats

At this point are all the Yakuza (aside from those set in feudal japan and the one with the zombie apocalypse) available in Euroland? It could be fun to do a marathon, considering i've only played Y1, and saw my brother play Y2.

Tizoc

At this point are all the Yakuza (aside from those set in feudal japan and the one with the zombie apocalypse) available in Euroland? It could be fun to do a marathon, considering i've only played Y1, and saw my brother play Y2.

Indeed they are.
Y3, Y4 and Dead Souls (Spin off) are available in EU regions; all my PS3 copies are EU as well ;3

Not sure if serious. Review copies were sent out 3 or 4 weeks ago.
Okay this is getting seriously ridiculous now. The game has been done for at least 4 weeks and they still haven't given us a release date? Are you fucking kidding me SEGA? What the hell are you waiting for? Are you seriously telling me that you are waiting for a "good time" to announce a release date for your extremely niche, last gen, PS3 exclusive, digital only title?

Really? Are they fucking serious?

ZeroX03

Banned
It's pretty obvious they're going to just drop this as an available now thing. I think they even made a comment along those lines. When they release or when it's announced is pretty inconsequential with this game.

Also it's good that review copies went out a while ago. It's a huge game and there's a lot of games fighting for review time. Nice that outlets are getting to take their time with it.

Hasney

Okay this is getting seriously ridiculous now. The game has been done for at least 4 weeks and they still haven't given us a release date? Are you fucking kidding me SEGA? What the hell are you waiting? Are you seriously telling me that you are waiting for a good time to announce a release date for your extremely niche, last gen, PS3 exclusive, digital only title?

Really? Are they fucking serious?

If they announce it at PSX as available now, at least it has the best chance of finding the maximum audience it can.

I think Sony is handling all this now anyway, so I wouldn't blame Sega.

Tizoc

If they announce it at PSX as available now, at least it has the best chance of finding the maximum audience it can.

Good point, if this game needs a sales boost, that'll be the one for it IMO.

Regardless, when is Black Friday? I want to make a ridiculous thread to try and convince some GAFfers to drop cash on a PS3 for Yakuza 5 :X

Good point, if this game needs a sales boost, that'll be the one for it IMO.

Regardless, when is Black Friday? I want to make a ridiculous thread to try and convince some GAFfers to drop cash on a PS3 for Yakuza 5 :X

Black Friday is this coming Friday.

I pre-ordered as well but if there's no announcement at PSX, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Sakujou

Banned
man please let there be a retail release. i would buy that for 70€.
whats with that one company which is releasing indie-games as a retail version? is there no chance that they would take that job and do it for the fans?

Sakujou

Banned
I want a retail release, but I'd be really annoyed if they announced one now since I already pre-ordered the digital version for the discount and free theme.

iam sort of waiting. does anyone know if there is some sort of subscribing for lesser demanded games to make sure the devs get the money? this sort of system is existing here and there, it was back then in the 90s for foreign books in germany, so someone would make an effort to translate it, if the money is existing, some sort of pre-kickstarter.

sega, i want to throw money at you for a retail release of yakuza 5. shovel knight, retro city rampage, and other indie games are existing as a retail release, please make it happen. lets twitter them together!

Watching the developers interview on PS Blog pretty much confirms that it's mostly a SEGA project and Sony is just aiding them by giving them a little more exposure.

About that PSX theory, yeah, I said the same thing in community thread and it would be a smart move (Especially if they decide to announce a new Yakuza localization) but not like this IMO.

There were a lot of better ways to handle this whole mess. They can easily put us (actual fans of their damned game) out of this desperate state of checking every day for any news by saying that they'll announce the release date early December. Yeah, that might give away the surprise* a little bit but screw that, it's way better than tormenting and mocking us the way they are doing right now.

First it was Summer 2015, but unfortunately it got delayed to Fall. It sucked but it was understandable, shit happens. Then a while back they told us the reason why it took so long and gave us a mid November release window. We still had to wait a little bit longer which still sucked but hey, we at least had a release window to look forward to. Few hours later, the removed the mid November bit from their earlier statement saying that they might not be able to actually hit that window (and this is when it starts getting shitty) and that they'll release the game as soon as it's done.

Then in the next coming weeks they decided to show us streams of a near finished version (or actually finished, cause they have sent the review copies so long ago) without giving us any details about the release date (cause you know, the game supposedly still isn't finished) or any update regarding the game's current state and when we can finally expect to get it, all the while when the game WAS in fact finished and had been sent to reviewers. And they are still continuing to act like that even though the reviews have come out!!!

This is a pure shit and disrespectful move in regards to the Yakuza fans who have been waiting 3 years for your game and supported you by pre-ordering it (or planned to buy it in cause of Europe) the moment that it was available on PSN.

It seems that SEGA was really telling the truth when they said they've learned a lot from Atlus. Yep, you've learned how to screw over your fans, good job SEGA.

*And honestly? Screw that surprise. We've been waiting for 3 YEARS! We don't want a fucking surprise SEGA, what we want is to be able to finally play the damn thing
!

Hasney

About that PSX theory, yeah, I said the same thing in community thread and it would be a smart move (Especially if they decide to announce a new Yakuza localization) but not like this IMO.

Shit, if they said PLUS 0 IS COMING MOTHERFUCKERS, the rest of the conference could just be sales graphs and I'd be happy.

I agree with the parts about it not coming out in summer, but I'm glad it didn't happen in November. At least now I'm as good as done with Fallout so I'll be ready for some Yakuza.

UrbanRats

Indeed they are.
Y3, Y4 and Dead Souls (Spin off) are available in EU regions; all my PS3 copies are EU as well ;3

A bummer because i really wanted to play Yakuza Ishin.

I never understood why this series isn't just regularly ported to the west, it's not that niche of a product, structurally wise.

The first one even had that ridiculously expensive voice acting cast, so i'm thinking they were aiming too high, but it's not like it's some weird quirky game, it's a brawler/rpg with a Yakuza theme.

Shit, if they said PLUS 0 IS COMING MOTHERFUCKERS, the rest of the conference could just be sales graphs and I'd be happy.
As a huge Yakuza fan (and I mean HUGE. Loved the series so much that I even played trough Kenzan and Ishin with no knowledge of Japanese and just by using a text guide!) I would have gone crazy if that were to happen IF this whole Yakuza 5 situation wasn't such a shit show.

But as it is right now, even if they announce Zero, Kiwami and 6 all together my respond would probably be something like "Yeah, you can keep it. I ain't going through your shit PR again". Which honestly saddens me a lot cause I don't wanna feel like this but after everything that happened I just can't help it.

Same with Persona 5 and Atlus.

Hasney

As a huge Yakuza fan (and I mean HUGE. Loved the series so much that I even played trough Kenzan and Ishin with no knowledge of Japanese and just by using a text guide!) I would have gone crazy if that were to happen IF this whole Yakuza 5 situation wasn't such a shit show.

But as it is right now, even if they announce Zero, Kiwami and 6 all together my respond would probably be something like "Yeah, you can keep it. I ain't going through your shit PR again". Which honestly saddens me a lot cause I don't wanna feel like this but after everything that happened I just can't help it.

See, luckily that stuff doesn't bother me. As long as I get an enjoyable video game at the end of it with a price I'm happy to pay, those annoyances melt away.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I wish this was on ps4.. i cant go back to ps3 :/

Not meant as port begging, if it was just a emulated package on ps4 id be happy too.

I wish this was on ps4.. i cant go back to ps3 :/

Not meant as port begging, if it was just a emulated package on ps4 id be happy too.

But you're gonna buy it anyway, yeah? :p

Seriously though... c'mon! Dust off that PS3 and join us.

When it's eventually released.

¬_¬

Kikujiro

Wat? Don't call yourself a fan then, your statement is ridiculous, you'd rather not have a Western version of the games because you can't wait a few weeks. Ok.

Tizoc

Watching the developers interview on PS Blog pretty much confirms that it's mostly a SEGA project and Sony is just aiding them by giving them a little more exposure.

There were a lot of better ways to handle this whole mess. They can easily put us (actual fans of their damned game) out of this desperate state of checking every day for any news by saying that they'll announce the release date early December. Yeah, that might give away the surprise* a little bit but screw that, it's way better than tormenting and mocking us the way they are doing right now.

First it was Summer 2015, but unfortunately it got delayed to Fall. It sucked but it was understandable, shit happens. Then a while back they told us the reason why it took so long and gave us a mid November release window. We still had to wait a little bit longer which still sucked but hey, we at least had a release window to look forward to. Few hours later, the removed the mid November bit from their earlier statement saying that they might not be able to actually hit that window (and this is when it starts getting shitty) and that they'll release the game as soon as it's done.

Then in the next coming weeks they decided to show us streams of a near finished version (or actually finished, cause they have sent the review copies so long ago) without giving us any details about the release date (cause you know, the game supposedly still isn't finished) or any update regarding the game's current state and when we can finally expect to get it, all the while when the game WAS in fact finished and had been sent to reviewers. And they are still continuing to act like that even though the reviews have come out!!!

This is a pure shit and disrespectful move in regards to the Yakuza fans who have been waiting 3 years for your game and supported you by pre-ordering it (or planned to buy it in cause of Europe) the moment that it was available on PSN.

It seems that SEGA was really telling the truth when they said they've learned a lot from Atlus. Yep, you've learned how to screw over your fans, good job SEGA.

*And honestly? Screw that surprise. We've been waiting for 3 YEARS! We don't want a fucking surprise SEGA, what we want is to be able to finally play the damn thing
!

BUT WHAT IF THE SURPRISE IS
CROWDFUNDING FOR YAKUZA 0 OR 1 EXTREME LOCALIZATION WITH STEAM STRETCH GOAL?!

Wat? Don't call yourself a fan then, your statement is ridiculous, you'd rather not have a Western version of the games because you can't wait a few weeks. Ok.

Did you even read my post? I said, "I" can't get hyped for new titles in the west, I didn't say anything about not wanting them to release them for other fans.

And few weeks? I can wait years for the games that I love like I did with Yakuza 5 (like I'm doing with DMC5 which btw reminds my that it has been almost 8 years Capcom). What I can't support is the ridiculous way some companies decide to handle their fans with their awful PR. You can say whatever you want to say but it's not like I'm doing it out of spite or I enjoy feeling this way. I loved Yakuza, I pre-ordered Y5 the moment that I had enough money to do so, I played this series over and over again even when I didn't understood a single word of what characters were saying.

So say whatever you want to say, but I hate the way I'm currently feeling and I can't help it as long as Sega acts the way they are doing right now.

Hopefully the actual Yakuza 5 manages to take out the bitter taste that Sega's PR has left in my mouth and I can once again get hyped for the prospect of having new Yakuza titles in the west. But as things are right now, I just can't help but feel the way I do.

Top Bottom