• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 EU will cost £29.99/€39.99. 15% Preorder Discount. 22GB. Release date soon.

Stuart444

I honestly was only planning on buying 2 games between now and the end of this year.

Yakuza brings me to 3 though. I'm not passing on Yakuza PS3 or not. <3

I just want to know when it will be released ;_;

Stuart444

Mid November.

Thanks. so that's 3 November releases for me. P4D, FO4 and this.

3 different platforms as well haha. I can't wait though, loved the JP version, can't wait to play it again in English (and do more side stuff, I only did the main story stuff in the JP ver)

DesuNe

Shit. I'm hyped! I loved 4 so much. I can't wait to smash some goons and completely overkill them in between the hilarious mini games.

Ludens

Banned
Anyway Yakuza Dead Souls is 50% off now on SPN (EU) too, still the price is too high, since you can find a brand new physical copy for the same price on Amazon or Gamestop.

OmegaDL50

This, can anyone recommend a new internal drive? Currently have a 120 GB PS3 slim.

Before you upgrade your HDD you will need two things.

A USB back up drive to back up everything you want to save to portable storage using the PS3 Back Up Utility.

A usb flash drive which contains the current PS3 firmware revision on it that matches your PS3.

When you replace the HDD the PS3 will ask you for a flash drive with the current firmware on it. Once that is out of the way. You can then use your back up storage and do the Back Up Utility and restore your backed up data.

This drive will work - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C9TEC0Y/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Z..

There it is! The rarest of unicorns... this will be my final ps3 purchase. Heck of a ride!

Poetically, the first thing I ever played on a PS3 was a japanese demo for yakuza 3.

I know, but Haruka said in Yakuza 2 she wasn't interested in that road. Also she is a very interesting character with a solid background, so Sega could follow that way actually providing an interesting story based on that. Just imagine a story-line in which Haruka is pursued and you need to evade people while seeking for help, it would be great.

People change their minds, especially kids. I'm not arguing with the fact that this was just a way to get in on the idol thing, but I certainly didn't know what I wanted to do with my life when I was at the age Haruka was in Y2.

Gacha-pin

I know, but Haruka said in Yakuza 2 she wasn't interested in that road. Also she is a very interesting character with a solid background, so Sega could follow that way actually providing an interesting story based on that. Just imagine a story-line in which Haruka is pursued and you need to evade people while seeking for help, it would be great.

She got an offer she couldn't refuse.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This, can anyone recommend a new internal drive? Currently have a 120 GB PS3 slim.

I am currently using a Scorpio black laptop HDD 500GB / 7200rpm. Couldn't be more happier. The difference wasn't 'huge' moving from the stock PS3 HDD to the 7200rpm, but it was definitely a noticeable one in terms of how quickly the home icons etc come up and games load up.

I wonder if this will make the 2015 release date.

I'm at that point where if it's announced that it will be delayed to 2016, I'd be disappointed but not surprised

Bishop89

Where to preorder? I can't find it on PS3 store (aus).

I mean I find Yakuza 5 but it only has developer interview videos and says (disc only)

Zafir

It said out now in the new Edge magazine(they gave it a 7). I got all excited, but yeah, still says disc only.

Dammit!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah you can't preorder anywhere outside the US as far as I know. We get the discount for the first week is onsale.

I reckon/hope they do something at PSX where they talk about the third party initiative and good ol Gio Corsi comes on and talks about Yakuza 5 and then goes 'Available NOOOOOOW!'

In Europe the only discount you're getting with this game is if you've got a PS+ subscription. Otherwise, you're better off using your American account (or creating one if you don't have one yet) and taking advantage of the pre-order discount they've got going on.

Astarte

Any news on the release date?

48nPs9R.gif

gelf

In Europe the only discount you're getting with this game is if you've got a PS+ subscription. Otherwise, you're better off using your American account (or creating one if you don't have one yet) and taking advantage of the pre-order discount they've got going on.

Urg I didn't realise that. I'm not a regular PS+ subscriber as I rarely play online. That's a disappointment.

Never bought from the US store before I guess I could look into it...

Top Bottom