• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Force to receive English release in Asia

Let's hope it's well translated, that sword art game was terribly written and unless I am mistaken it was also a Asia English release.

Tizoc

Interesting, well even if it doesn't get an official Western release this would be a good alt.

Small steps, but it's happening!

F74kZmW.jpg

phants

Day zero! I'm all kinds of excited for this - I wonder if there will be another special edition Vita for it? I assume not :/

Amazing.

Now this will work with a PSTV right? Just for giggles, anyone know what sort of hoops do I need to go through to get a Madcatz Tekken Hybrid PS3 Arcade Stick to work with it.

Either way really happy to see some English support even if its that hard to navigate in Full Boost.

How bizarre. Is this something that Sony are handling?
Nope. Bandai Asia are doing the localization.

http://ap.ign.com/m/tgs-2015/92338/...lis?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

“We are looking forward to bring MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM series fans an English localized version of the game at long last. We are in the midst of localization and hope to bring a good quality product that everyone can enjoy, so do look forward to the release in winter.” said Rainel Tan, General Manager at Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia.

Amazing.

Now this will work with a PSTV right? Just for giggles, anyone know what sort of hoops do I need to go through to get a Madcatz Tekken Hybrid PS3 Arcade Stick to work with it.

Either way really happy to see some English support even if its that hard to navigate in Full Boost.
I think they need to explicitly support it. Skullgirls supports PS3 sticks connected to a Vita TV for example but they are the only game that does to my knowlesge.

Tizoc

Sounds good. Why wouldn't they just dump it onto NA PSN then?

Because it's Gundam; they'd need to deal with licensing costs, etc. for the brand to be legally released in non-Asian territories. I don't even want to consider if there are even music licenses too...

EDIT: Non the less if they manage to be able to have it released in western regions, then they good job on them, will be getting it.

Does this game even have story mode? It's mostly menu and stats right? I had one of the exvs game on ps3. You can play it pretty well even without knowing japanese.

LMN

Definitely gonna get Asian version.
This game is currently adhoc only accoding to the official website, but with the localization in Asian region, hopefully they will implement online as well

DunpealD

Are they hoping for market penetration like with SAO by localizing it into english? If yes, I hope there is a chance that it makes to the west including the arcade ports.

EDIT: I am looking forward to the traslation. Hopefully it will be at least on par with SAO:HFv1. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

matmanx1

Fantastic news! I guess this is about as close to a "western" release of this game as we are ever likely to see so I am going to go ahead and thank NB for doing the Asia/English version. Thank You!

Top Bottom