• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Force to receive English release in Asia

Oh my.. A Gundam game is actually going to make it to the west with English!? And for Vita too!? Wow... I can't believe this.. Vita partially redeemed.

If they just pull a DW:Gundam and rip the licensed music out, I don't see why not. Buuuuuut I doubt that.

If anything, we should just spam Bamco NA and hope for the best.
Which music rights are the exact problem? I do believe most of the gundam DVD's have their original music except for Zeta's so is it just those or are there more? Dat Neil Sedaka arranged music must be hella expensive.

Keasar

I hope they will bring this series to the west all the way someday. As much as I love my imported copy of EXVSFB, I would love to have some actual people to play with.
PC/PS3/PS4 with cross-play support!

Which music rights are the exact problem? I do believe most of the gundam DVD's have their original music except for Zeta's so is it just those or are there more? Dat Neil Sedaka arranged music must be hella expensive.
Well the VS games, especially since Gundam VS Gundam, the games have generally used intro OP theme songs from the various series as the battle themes. That's where most of the licensing issues come in. Just look at the difference between the JP and NA DW Gundam game OSTs.

Well the VS games, especially since Gundam VS Gundam, the games have generally used intro OP theme songs from the various series as the battle themes. That's where most of the licensing issues come in. Just look at the difference between the JP and NA DW Gundam game OSTs.
From what I remember about DW Gundam 3 the battle music was pretty damn bland. So I guess they rip out the original music and just put some cheap bland shit in there.

If I remember correctly, FB console wasn't announced at TGS 2013 but through Famitsu a couple weeks later, so I'd be on the lookout for that later on this year.

From what I remember about DW Gundam 3 the battle music was pretty damn bland. So I guess they rip out the original music and just put some cheap bland shit in there.
Actually, that music was also in the JP version of DWG3 with the licensed tracks. But yeah, that's essentially par for course with the NA versions.

Xater

If the main issue is the music why not just change it? i'd be ok with that if that means bringing the game out here. The licensing complaints just seem weird to me considering KT can bring out their games.

I wouldn't say the music is the main issue more than the fact that Gundam games don't sell well in the west. Might be slightly different now with latest pushes of Gundam content in the west with gunpla and media.

But then again, they released Rise of Incarnates instead of just bringing EXVS over so......

The fact that English localization is already happening though should make it easier for a western release though.

Xater

I wouldn't say the music is the main issue more than the fact that Gundam games don't sell well in the west. Might be slightly different now with latest pushes of Gundam content in the west with gunpla and media.

But then again, they released Rise of Incarnates instead of just bringing EXVS over so......

Yeah they released an inferior game (it looks so slow) that I don't think is doing so hot. PC as a platform seems also weird for what the audience would probably be.

raven777

CPCKby0UkAAAIwS.jpg:orig

This will probably be the box art

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh man this is truly exciting, maybe they're hoping that this gives the franchise a bit more visibility, because if it's at least got all the text in english maybe they'll actually run EX VS at EVO or at other events and make the series popular enough to bring to the west.

But then again it's vita only right? So it could just be a test bed for reception...which is unfortunate because it's on the vita.

LMN

Some more images from Famitsu

hkPU7BI.jpg

GX8AWs5.jpg

gbzFpCf.jpg

DbkNxpE.jpg

I really wonder if it possible for them to bring the full roster from the main EXVS

crinale

Amazing.

Now this will work with a PSTV right? Just for giggles, anyone know what sort of hoops do I need to go through to get a Madcatz Tekken Hybrid PS3 Arcade Stick to work with it.

Either way really happy to see some English support even if its that hard to navigate in Full Boost.

Actually it is 1 vs 1 (person). The game is built around having 4 players but this supports 2 Vitas only.
That being said primary focus on this game is single player missions so that won't be too much of the issue I guess.

Some more info regarding the unit costs thanks to gamefaqs.

Barbatos - 2000 cost
G-Self - 2500
Freedom - 2500
Nu - 3000
Wing Zero - 3000
Exia - 2000
FAZZ - 2500
Zaku II - 2000
Unicorn - 3000
Zeta - 2500

Support Units
Jagd Doga - 2000
Dom - 1000
GM - 500
Jegan - 500
Hi-Zack - 500

You can also choose either the Rewoola or Nahel Argama as support ships as well. I'm guessing we'll see the one from G-Reco, the White Base, the Garencierges, Argama, etc.

Also, the Famitsu article on Force mentioned that Maxi Arcade will be getting large updates in the upcoming months. Doesn't bode well for MB console so far, granted that didn't stop FB arcade or EXVS arcade from getting updates after the console version was announced.

kubricks

I am ok with this, and the more I think about it the more I don't mind them simplifying the gameplay a bit from EXVS. The battle system is getting a little too complicate for its own good, if it plays something like the original GvG or GvZG I am all for it.

Thus being able to play as grunt suits like GM/Zaku/Dom is a big plus in my book.

Some more images from Famitsu
I really wonder if it possible for them to bring the full roster from the main EXVS

I am ok with this, and the more I think about it the more I don't mind them simplifying the gameplay a bit from EXVS. The battle system is getting a little too complicate for its own good, if it plays something like the original GvG or GvZG I am all for it.

Thus being able to play as grunt suits like GM/Zaku/Dom is a big plus in my book.

Well, it did go from an action game to a straight up fighter.

This news making importing Vs. Force a lot more appealing to me. Even if the translation is crap, it would still be better then no english.

LMN

The official website confirms that Barbatos gundam is indeed a first print bonus DLC....
Don't think its a early access DLC / unlock in game later too considering what they did in the past with EXVS Hi nu

Luigi87

There's a siginifcant lack of Exia in the screenshots. Come on Bandai, it's what you know everyone wants!

Nice to see G-Self in it.
Surprised Barbatos is in it already.

How likely would they patch online multiplayer in later? Gundam Breaker 2 had online didn't it?

I'm imagining there won't be online mp until an updated version is announced..

I'm guessing this new entry will start out with a small roster and build it up with DLC.

Eventually they'll announce the updated version with all dlc characters + new content for campaign mode + upgraded multiplayer to include traditional 2v2 players and online...

What we see here is probably what we'll get since its being released in Winter..

Fisico

Damn! I was so sure I read PS4 and Vita. Or maybe just took it for granted.

Oh well. Instanotbuy then:(

Well probably, can't blame you on that one as almost every single Vita game has an upport on PS4 these days.
Maxi Boost should come to PS4 though eventually, and this one looks like a fine port tailored for handheld so why not get both :D ?

LMN

button layout photo from tgbus

20150917224019705.jpg

From the look, it seems that you can use O button, R analog stick, and R+O for camera control
L button is Command mode
R+X for guard
Both L analog stick and D pad are for movement
R+Square and R+Triangle should be sub weapon, not sure though
Triangle and Square are probably melee and shoot
"* line" mention something about guard and other stuff (attack?), not sure though, my kanji is still suck lol
Correct me if I'm wrong

vladisaac

"* line" mention something about guard and other stuff (attack?), not sure though, my kanji is still suck lol

The line on the bottom of the photo mentions that:
- it's possible to guard with the left stick by doing the "backward > forward" input
- by pressing two attack boutons simultaneously, you can use sub weapons too, basically "Square + Cross", "Triangle + Cross" and "Square + Triangle".

One interesting note, it's written: "1 player (Ad-Hoc 1~2players°". It's almost confirmed there won't be online multiplayer, nor 4 players Ad-Hoc VS like the PSP versions.

Top Bottom