• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Force to receive English release in Asia

LMN

The line on the bottom of the photo mentions that:
- it's possible to guard with the left stick by doing the "backward > forward" input
- by pressing two attack boutons simultaneously, you can use sub weapons too, basically "Square + Cross", "Triangle + Cross" and "Square + Triangle".

One interesting note, it's written: "1 player (Ad-Hoc 1~2players°". It's almost confirmed there won't be online multiplayer, nor 4 players Ad-Hoc VS like the PSP versions.

Thanks, and yeah they have been empathize that a lot in the article and even in the official website, I just really hope that they change their mind about that later cause the game is 60% finished, there still chance I guess, even online with 1vs1 is good enough IMO.

kubricks

button layout photo from tgbus

20150917224019705.jpg

From the look, it seems that you can use O button, R analog stick, and R+O for camera control
L button is Command mode
R+X for guard
Both L analog stick and D pad are for movement
R+Square and R+Triangle should be sub weapon, not sure though
Triangle and Square are probably melee and shoot
"* line" mention something about guard and other stuff (attack?), not sure though, my kanji is still suck lol
Correct me if I'm wrong

The control seems to be a hybrid of Vs-series and GB-series, I am ok with that.
Also, R analog stick is for free view/move mode, press O to switch to lock on mode, press O again or move R analog stick to switch target.
Press R+O to switch to free view/move mode again.

Thanks, and yeah they have been empathize that a lot in the article and even in the official website, I just really hope that they change their mind about that later cause the game is 60% finished, there still chance I guess, even online with 1vs1 is good enough IMO.

But they can handle 4 players vs tons of grunts in GB2, why can't they do this here. ;(

LMN

Also, R analog stick is for free view/move mode, press O to switch to lock on mode, press O again or move R analog stick to switch target.

Press R+O to switch to free view/move mode again.

But they can handle 4 players vs tons of grunts in GB2, why can't they do this here. ;(

Thanks, my Japanese is still not polish enough and searching for Kanji with that image quality is a real mess.
Anyway, just found some impression by Jp player on the Twitter, hopefully there some actual game play video soon.
Is the developer who made GB2 and this the same? I forgot who developed GB2 lol, but yeah, completely agree with you, but the game is 60% finish so finger crossed for now lol.

Playable Gouf Ignited with Heine from Seed Destiny is playable since TM Revolution is doing the theme song for Force.

Also, Barbatos 1st form DLC code is apparently only available from the Iron Blooded Orphans blu-ray lololololol.

Shouta

Some of the controls will probably be single player only probably. I don't expect a major shift in controls for 2v2 from what's standard for pad players in Full Boost.

Oo interesting control scheme~ Happy about the camera controls. Hopefully it feels and works fine. Barbatos dlc locked to blu ray? arghhhh

LMN

Though I'm still hype for the game, the DLC code bundled with Iron Blood is a pretty s***** move. But what I noticed that DLC code in blu-ray is called "Gundam Barbatos 1st form", while the official website is just normal name. so maybe, the Blu-ray DLC code is refer to the one on right? and the first print bonus code is on the left? Dunno though lol, just wanna play Barbatos without buying the damn Blu-ray.

HG-Gundam-Barbatos-image-1.jpg

Just found some game play video from the demo booth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-OEV4yleWM

LMN

Just saw famitsu article about that stage event. If I understand correctly, the first print bonus DLC would be Gundam Barbatos 4th form "第4形態" while the DLC bundled with the Blu-ray would be Gundam Barbatos 1st form "第1形態", well at least this mean we can still play Barbatos without buying the blu-ray ;)

Also found another video, this time from the stage event
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a929SDfC2n0

crinale

Yeah it is definitely the hybrid between Gundam Battle and Extreme Versus, and like others have said I'm ok with that.
What GB was lacking was fluid battle motion, and what EXVS was lacking was control scheme to handle multiple enemies. Really hoping this to turn out well.

Luigi87

Playable Gouf Ignited with Heine from Seed Destiny is playable since TM Revolution is doing the theme song for Force.

Also, Barbatos 1st form DLC code is apparently only available from the Iron Blooded Orphans blu-ray lololololol.

This pleases me. I love the Gouf Ignited.

Luigi87

Just saw famitsu article about that stage event. If I understand correctly, the first print bonus DLC would be Gundam Barbatos 4th form "第4形態" while the DLC bundled with the Blu-ray would be Gundam Barbatos 1st form "第1形態", well at least this mean we can still play Barbatos without buying the blu-ray ;)

This is looking really good.

At first the game's initial reveal bummed me out due to no Maxi for PS4, then I realized... I'm glad Full is still getting support, and if Maxi did hit PS4, then I would likely require a Japan PS+ sub to play it...

kubricks

Thank you!
It looks amazing, very smooth too!

Hyped again, Day one for sure!

kubricks

Hope this cheers you up, many people spotted Age-1 in this Nu gundam's screenshot of the ms section. So high chance that Age-1 is in? since it appeared in MB.

pic_03.png

I just love using underpower grunt suits back in the day. ;/
mobile-suit-gundam-gundam-vs-z-gundam-us-20050601054422297.jpg

Age-1 being available is somewhat a good news, better yet give me Turn-A then I will forgive them lol.

kubricks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxb8enIE6Ao

Some footage from Korea;
- The player is clearly not familiar with NP+/EXVS dash control.
- Gameplay looks smooth even with lots of things happenning. Not too clusterfuckary tbh which is a good thing.
- Wing gundam's standard shot is not gerobi beam.
- Still don't know what "Force Level" does. (on top right corner)

LMN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxb8enIE6Ao

Some footage from Korea;
- The player is clearly not familiar with NP+/EXVS dash control.
- Gameplay looks smooth even with lots of things happenning. Not too clusterfuckary tbh which is a good thing.
- Wing gundam's standard shot is not gerobi beam.
- Still don't know what "Force Level" does. (on top right corner)

Nice find, hopefully there is a way to change the control layout when the game release since Im still used to psp NP+ control. I noticed that some MS are missing some move/ or sub like Exia's transam or zeta's beam confusion so maybe perhaps Force level is related to that? e.g. as force level increase your ms unlock more moves/attack? Lol just my own speculation.

kubricks

Nice find, hopefully there is a way to change the control layout when the game release since Im still used to psp NP+ control. I noticed that some MS are missing some move/ or sub like Exia's transam or zeta's beam confusion so maybe perhaps Force level is related to that? e.g. as force level increase your ms unlock more moves/attack? Lol just my own speculation.

According to some Asia gaming forum, some tester stated that Exia's transam is activitated automatically when HP is low (red). But not every "hyper mode" is handled this way, Unicorn's NTD is activated as special weapon much like how it was in NP.

The function of Force level is still largely unknown.

I couldn't find any video with experienced players, so guess we'll just have to wait to find out more. ;|

LMN

The website is updated again
http://exvs-force.ggame.jp/

Full armor Unicorn and Banshee Norn is now confirmed

pic_01.png

pic_02.png

pic_03.png

They also updated the system section with showing the same 2vs2 battle, and the new Extreme Force mode. The pre-order bonus now also include 1 (limited) Gundam UC card builder "Gundam RX-78-2"

There also a new famitsu scan which kinda show more about Force level system.

matmanx1

Anxiously awaiting that English pre-order. Gundam VS on the Vita in English?? It sounds almost too good to be true!

LMN

The amount of weapon choice is staggering lol.

It's really weird how some MS retain its full moveset like Norn or Nu, while some got cut out for no reason like Age-Spallow or Zeta. I'm gonna be optimistic for now cause the game is not yet complete, but who knows. Still hype & gonna buy the game though lol
Assist is also gone, but that more understandable I guess, cause the game now focus on troop battle.

I was hoping for some sort of awakening mode for player unit... oh well.

Same with this one, IIRC Gundam Breaker 2 did not reveal all of it mechanic/ awakening mode until the game is released, so who knows

Prelude.

Btw, since I never watched a single Gundam series, which ones are essential for having a bit of background of what's going on?

Btw, since I never watched a single Gundam series, which ones are essential for having a bit of background of what's going on?
Well, the only thing relevant to the game, plotwise, is crystal meth and maybe the Gundam EXA manga.

If you want to watch Gundam then that's another story, but it's not needed at all for the EXVS games.

Ohnonono

How much DLC is usually in these games? I want to import this when it comes out because I have always wanted and english translation, but not being able to get a large chunk of content would be pretty annoying.

Top Bottom