• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South African retailer lists The Bioshock Collection (PS4/X1) for November release

The rumoured content of Bioshock Collection:
Clash in the Clouds
"Making of Bioshock Vita" movie
A bottle of screen washing tonic

/h

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I hope it gets the treatment it deserves.
So I'm expecting Metro Redux kind of remaster.

I have no doubt that this would be a straight port for all intents and purposes of the PC versions of the games....

Not interested really

I have a feeling these are going to be nothing more than better FPS and better resolution along with all of the DLC included. If it's really coming out in November and they haven't said anything yet, I doubt much work was put in. More curious if they bothered with the Bioshok 2 MP.

I really hope they have BS2 multiplayer.

It was criminally overlooked at launch and still remains one of my favorite as well as one of the most unique pvp experiences I've ever had.

Combining plasmids and weapons was so satisfying that I really hope more people get to enjoy it.

I already have all the BS games on PC but I'd double dip for this solely for the multiplayer of BS2.

KingBroly

Banned
its been awhile but didnt the console version of BS1/2 have optional unlocked framerates?

I know 1 did, but it caused a lot of screen tearing. Also, the achievements in 1 were bugged to hell and back. This feels like a 'where was it last year?' sorta thing and it's probably coming next year. And it might only be 1 + Infinite if it's a Levine thing.

LewieP

Maybe this is an opportunity to also release the version of Bioshock Infinite they advertised in the prerelease gameplay footage, rather than just the actual game they released which was significantly different.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I feel like they will be. Unfortunately a lot of these remasters are under the impression that 30fps is acceptable for remasters of last gen games.

Probably because it's cheap, fast, and will still get some sales.

Borderlands turned out nice, so hopefully the same care and consideration goes into Bioshock.

I just bought the two separate collections on PS3 in hopes that they won't make the jump after this long. Why did I even bother updating my last-gen set?

KJRS_1993

The original Bioshock had a 60fps setting on the Xbox 360. I'd be very surprised if they didn't manage it on the Xbox One and PS4.

Will pick these up day one. Amongst the best games of all time.

Edit: I may be incorrect :
I played Bioshock a few weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure it was just an option to lock the frame rate or not (i.e enable V sync or not). Neither of the consoles ran it at 60fps, but rather a variable frame rate that reached to the 40's.

I hope this doesn't join the Dishonored/Prototype/Saints Row/Sleeping Dogs remasters in being a half baked job.

1080p 60fps should be a given; with settings that match the original PC version at ultra. The new consoles should be more than capable to run it at those settings.

The original Bioshock had a 60fps setting on the Xbox 360. I'd be very surprised if they didn't manage it on the Xbox One and PS4.

Will pick these up day one. Amongst the best games of all time.

I played Bioshock a few weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure it was just an option to lock the frame rate or not (i.e enable V sync or not). Neither of the consoles ran it at 60fps, but rather a variable frame rate that reached to the 40's.

emrober5

IF this is real, and they are quality ports, I am 100% in. Love those games and only played them on ps3, so I expect much better performance.

KJRS_1993

Maybe that was it then, it's been around 8 years! Excuse me if I'm wrong.

stn

If they release all three games, I'm interested. But they always tend to leave one game out and thus not complete the damn collection.

Futurematic

Never did play 1 & 2, I'm in.
Although it'd be nice to have Uncharted collection level upgrades, especially with Bioshock 3 in 2017 I imagine (under control budget should mean profit, not like Take-Two has that many successful franchises, though Agent should help).
This always seems to happen.

Whenever someone makes a thread asking about "where's the Remaster for X game" we get an announcement soon following.
Anyone mind making a thread for Syndicate? Just the co op campaign would be fine.

Bioshock 1 and 2 have issues on PC so it would be nice to have a good 1080p/60 version of these games to play in the future with all DLC.

Kiko

Very cool. Just a couple of days ago I was thinking of replaying the old ones. Will keep this for my backlog because November is stuffed already but very very nice.

If they release all three games, I'm interested. But they always tend to leave one game out and thus not complete the damn collection.

Bioshock 2 would be the obvious one to leave out, but it runs on the same engine and a lot of the same tech as Bioshock 1 so it shouldn't be that hard.

The issue might be with disc space because while Bioshock 1 and 2 arent that big, Bioshock Infinite is a huge game on PC with the higher detail textures.

If it's real, the fact that it isn't officially announced and is supposed to come out in two months is a bit worrying but if it's all three games and done reasonably well I'd probably buy it, especially since I've never actually played Bioshock 2.

I'd buy this in a heartbeat, especially if it came with all the DLC. I never got around to playing Minerva's den and for some reason my xbox couldn't download part 2 of burial at sea due to some license thing.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
giphy.gif

Atolm

I'm still waiting for that Evil Within GOTY edition so lately I give less credibility to those retailers listings.

Maybe this is an opportunity to also release the version of Bioshock Infinite they advertised in the prerelease gameplay footage, rather than just the actual game they released which was significantly different.
Might want to look up the definition of significant

Oreiller

I'm not the biggest fan of the series but I haven't played the second game nor any of the DLC, so I might eventually get that on the cheap.

Top Bottom