• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South African retailer lists The Bioshock Collection (PS4/X1) for November release

Which kind of issues?

Bioshock 1 has issues running on windows 7, 8 and 10. Requires workarounds to get running and avoid audio bugs and crashes.

Bioshock 2 also crashes to desktop on newer operating systems, requires uninstalling some part of windows update that windows keeps trying to reinstall.

Not convenient in the least.

Bioshock 1 has issues running on windows 7, 8 and 10. Requires workarounds to get running and avoid audio bugs and crashes.

Bioshock 2 also crashes to desktop on newer operating systems, requires uninstalling some part of windows update that windows keeps trying to reinstall.

Wow, never knew this.

Hope they just patch the Steam versions then...but who am I kidding, they'll probably make us buy the upgrade and give us a discount.

Yaaaaaay

These games are amazing in 1080p

Really hope they improve the shooting physics in Bioshock 1 and 2 to match Infinite.

It'll be the usual res/fps bump and nothing else.
Watch Infinite run at 30fps

Played both on Windows 7 last year and don't remember having any issues at all.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Bioshock 2 would be the obvious one to leave out, but it runs on the same engine and a lot of the same tech as Bioshock 1 so it shouldn't be that hard.

The issue might be with disc space because while Bioshock 1 and 2 arent that big, Bioshock Infinite is a huge game on PC with the higher detail textures.

Infinite was a 15 GB download on Steam. They could easily fit all 3 on a disc.

RK128

Expected announcement announced :).

The games hold up nicely in 1080p on PC, so them getting the remaster treatment isn't shocking in the slightest.

I wonder if they are going to include new content for the games, include all the DLC for all three games and/or have the games run at 60FPS (Dishonored Remastered didn't run at 60FPS for example).

Regardless, nice news for those who missed out on the series and having a new way to play the series is nice :D.

Edit: I expect all three games to be part of the collection (Bio 1 and 2, Infinite) alongside all the DLC from the games and all three to run at 1080p. Not expecting 60FPS at all (but would like that).

You have the code base for Move support lying around there in a dirty corner. Do it 2K or Sony. Best controllable console version of the game deserves another chance.

I'd be interested in a BioShock 1 remaster for the PC (ie without all the OS problems and some extra graphics options). But fuck the others.

Especially Infinite. God, I hate that game.

Kezen

Banned
I'd be interested in a BioShock 1 remaster for the PC (ie without all the OS problems and some extra graphics options). But fuck the others.

Especially Infinite. God, I hate that game.

What OS problems are you alluding to ? Bioshock 1 works without issues on my PC (W10 + latest drivers).

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member

Played both on Windows 7 last year and don't remember having any issues at all.

I'd probably get this. I've been meaning to buy Minerva's Den and the DLC For Bioshock Infinite. So for the right price this is probably the best way to go.

dci260

The Bioshock series is absolutely fantastic, so I wouldn't mind repurchasing these at all. Here's hoping for 1080p/60fps and all the DLCs, though I doubt Bioshock 2's multiplayer is going to be included.

This better be real!

RPGCrazied

Not buying leaks anymore. Remember that Batman Arkham remasters rumors? Nothing happened with that.

Plus I already bought them on PS3 not to long ago, and for the time being these versions are fine enough.

If it's all three games + the DLC, I might pick it up.

2K released a Borderlands collection that didn't include the first game though, so I'm skeptical.

Not buying leaks anymore. Remember that Batman Arkham remasters rumors? Nothing happened with that.

Plus I already bought them on PS3 not to long ago, and for the time being these versions are fine enough.

I'd be pretty shocked if an Arkham collection doesn't happen at some point.

MilkyJoe

I bought 1 just before next gen started, then there were rumours of a Bioshock remaster so I shelved it. Took long enough.

I hope it's more than just a res bump though.

I hope this gives 2 a second time to shine, it's seriously under-appreciated
Yes it exists solely as a cash in
And yes the world and lore feels abit off

But it easily has the best combat, level design and pacing of the series. And whilst the narrative isn't as ambitious as the others it hits most of its beats far more effectively.

Seriously guys, it's SO FUCKING GOOD. Try it, gosh darn it

fertygo

I hope they can update the steam version too, since you need to set your compatibility to Windows XP and shit for running the first game, terrible

Tenebrous

I wonder what it'd be like to replay the original Bioshock
knowing the twist.
Can't believe it's been almost 7 years since the original came out.

Mathieran

Banned
Hope it's true. I played Bioshock 1 a long time ago on my roommates XBox but that's it. I would pick this up even if the improvements are minor.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I hope they actually put effort into improving these. The shooting mechanics of 1 (and maybe 2, been a while since I last played) and enemy reactions could really use some work.

I hope this gives 2 a second time to shine, it's seriously under-appreciated
Yes it exists solely as a cash in
And yes the world and lore feels abit off

But it easily has the best combat, level design and pacing of the series. And whilst the narrative isn't as ambitious as the others it hits most of its beats far more effectively.

Seriously guys, it's SO FUCKING GOOD. Try it, gosh darn it
I agree. The last third of the game or so is also VERY well done and was a ton of fun!

I'll definitely be getting this.

Timu

I never had those issues, weird.

wiibomb

Even a port of everything would be enough for me, Bioshock 1 with all DLC, Bioshock 2 with Minerva's Den (which I haven't played yet) and Bioshock Infinite with Burial at the Sea complete (still haven't played)

That would be killer for me, I would buy that instantly

Kimppis

Yes!!! My favourite new series last gen. I still haven't played Burial at Sea (although I already bought the part 1). I've been planning to replay Infinite and 2 and get all the achievements on 360 for a long time (already replayed Bioshock 1), luckily I never did if this is real. Day 1 on PS4.

Top Bottom