• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura: KH 0.2 developed alongside KH3 using same tech, will amount to 1 world in KH

Source is latest interview of Nomura in Famitsu

Length of KH 0.2

There are plans to include elements that are part of Kingdom Hearts III in 0.2, as well. The game is a short episode whose total volume amounts to that of about one Kingdom Hearts series world.

On why it is PS4 exclusive

As for why this game is only on PlayStation 4, rather than also on PlayStation 3, director Tetsuya Nomura says it’s because the collection is supposed to preface Kingdom Hearts III and that it uses Kingdom Hearts III technology—specifically in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 and Kingdom Hearts Chi: Back Cover.

KH: DDD will be a complete remake

He’s then asked about any other additional elements that are being added to the three titles in HD 2.8. Nomura says that all three won’t just be simple HD remakes. Since KH3D is going from two screens to one, it’s practically a complete remake.

Don't expect KH 3 anytime soon hence why they decided for II.8
2017 release confirmed

According to Nomura, it looks like it’s going to take a little longer until we can play Kingdom Hearts III, so he wanted fans to get a taste of Kingdom Hearts III’s world sooner than later, and together with KH3’s prologue that is KH3D, and a title that uses some of KH3’s tech. They thought about finding a way to put it all in one package, and decided to have it on the PlayStation 4.

Thanks Siliconera and Gematsu

Calling it Birth By Sleep is super stupid if they want to actually market it as a KH3 prologue.

Backcover using UE4 could almost mean we might see some characters from Chi in 3 :d. Or Daybreak Town.

watershed

Banned
Ok, I thought I was keeping up with all the new KH games and their funky names but what is KH 0.2? I thought KH 2.8 was just announced. Is this the sequel to that, and a game that fills the gap between 2.8 and 3?

Ok, I thought I was keeping up with all the new KH games and their funky names but what is KH 0.2? I thought KH 2.8 was just announced. Is this the sequel to that, and a game that fills the gap between 2.8 and 3?

0.2 is in the 2.8 package.

2.8 = 3D Remaster + Chi Movie + 0.2

raven777

0.2 is a short game included in 2.8

This is basically Episode Duscae for Kingdom Hearts 3. $60 with a remake of a portable game packed with a short slice of KH 3.

I don't think KH 3 will be released in 2016.

stryke

KH BBS 0.2 is part of the 2.8 compilation.

0.2 is a ''sequel'' to Birth By Sleep using KH3 tech. Think of it as KH Ground Zeroes. It's part of 2.8 which is the collections name.

Onaco

So if they're making an Xbox One version for KHIII, why are they kinda isolating to only PlayStation for these collections that are serving to play catch up? Seems kinda weird. I don't know how much profitable an Xbox version even is at this point.

Sorry to sound like a port begger-- I'm just confused as to why an Xbox One version of 3 is even an option at this point when there's little commitment.

Birth by Sleep is essentially Kingdom Hearts 0, since it takes place before KH1.

So 0.2 is basically a "this is a mini-sequel to Birth by Sleep", but it's not a full-sequel, but just a mini-story, so 0.2 instead of Birth by Sleep 2.

He’s then asked about any other additional elements that are being added to the three titles in HD 2.8. Nomura says that all three won’t just be simple HD remakes. Since KH3D is going from two screens to one, it’s practically a complete remake.
So then nothing then. Lol. How lame.

watershed

Banned
Cool, thanks for the replies. So it's basically KH3's Ground Zeroes or FFXV ED, a mini-sequel to KH BbS, and included in the 2.8 collection. Got it.

DKHF

Yeah it was clear KH3 is still a while out, I'm predicting a March-May 2017 simultaneous worldwide release... Maybe later.

But 2.8 sounds good, I wonder if there will be any new content added to DDD while the team is basically remaking a large part of the game.

So basically this is a ground zeroes + DDD final mix + movie to tie the cell phone game to the rest of the series

Sounds good to me I'm all in

Kikujiro

Lol at those who insisted that KHIII was coming before FFXV just because they switched to Unreal 4, despite the fact that they still hasn't show anything outside the E3 trailer.

yeah pretty much what i expected, i just hope they fix up DDD a bit by fixing the balancing and adding little bit more end game content

That's adorable.

wURKqvc.png

Why are you so confident that it won't release before FFXV?
Unless FFXV is delayed to 2017 despite every recent trailer stating in bold that is is out in 2016, I don't see how KH 3 will be released in 2016.

This was from the article.
According to Nomura, it looks like it’s going to take a little longer until we can play Kingdom Hearts III, so he wanted fans to get a taste of Kingdom Hearts III’s world sooner than later, and together with KH3’s prologue that is KH3D, and a title that uses some of KH3’s tech. They thought about finding a way to put it all in one package, and decided to have it on the PlayStation 4.
Basically confirms the assumptions that KH 3 won't be out till 2017. 0.2 will have some of the gameplay mechanics and graphics of KH 3 so that fans get a taste of what to come.

That's adorable.

That's what they said.

Despite delays being popular for games in recent years, I don't subscribe to doubting and disbelieving devs/publishers on release windows. Until the delay is announced, I will believe the release window that they announce.

Tldr; I choose to trust in people.

Jigorath

Banned
Unless FFXV is delayed to 2017 despite every recent trailer stating in bold that is is out in 2016, I don't see how KH 3 will be released in 2016.

This was from the article.

Basically confirms the assumptions that KH 3 won't be out till 2017. 0.2 will have some of the gameplay mechanics and graphics of KH 3 so that fans get a taste of what to come.

How does saying "it’s going to take a little longer until we can play Kingdom Hearts III" classify as "2017". If the game releases late 2016, then I would consider a year long wait from now as "a little longer". Now I'm not saying that KH3 is going to release next year, I just don't see why anyone would be sure it's not coming until after FFXV.

I just want some more extra boss fights like Julius

NA KH added Phantom, Kurt Zisa, Sephiroth and Ice Titan while KHFM added Enigmatic Man on top of that
KH2FM added Lingering Will, the CoM Org members and Roxas and then also added the Data versions
BbSFM added Monstro, Eraqus Armour, No Heart and Dark Hide

How does saying "it’s going to take a little longer until we can play Kingdom Hearts III" classify as "2017". If the game releases late 2016, then I would consider a year long wait from now as "a little longer". Now I'm not saying that KH3 is going to release next year, I just don't see why anyone would be sure it's not coming until after FFXV.

Why do you have any faith in SE to release KH3 in a timely manner when we've seen no live gameplay of the most recent build? There's no way we're getting both 2.8 and 3 in 2016 if 3 was that close to being finished they probably wouldn't bother with 2.8 or would have 2.8 coming out this year, early 2016.

That's what they said.

Despite delays being popular for games in recent years, I don't subscribe to doubting and disbelieving devs/publishers on release windows. Until the delay is announced, I will believe the release window that they announce.

Tldr; I choose to trust in people.

How can you after what Atlus did to us?

CI16c31.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Lol at the question not even considering asking why it's not on Xbox One.

desmax

I just want some more extra boss fights like Julius

NA KH added Phantom, Kurt Zisa, Sephiroth and Ice Titan while KHFM added Enigmatic Man on top of that
KH2FM added Lingering Will, the CoM Org members and Roxas and then also added the Data versions
BbSFM added Monstro, Eraqus Armour, No Heart and Dark Hide

Would be great if it had a KH III Teaser boss, like Mysterious Figure from BBS

He didn't even discuss Xbox One. Kinda baffling since 3 is coming to XBO. Part of me wonders why they aren't cancelling it if they aren't going to support it.

Because they've already spent resources on it development and it'd probably be more trouble and money than it's worth to just outright cancel it. Same for XV.

When did I say I expect them to release KH3 on time?

When you even remotely implied the idea that KH3 could be late 2016, or somehow before FFXV a game we have a playable demo of... unless you honestly expected the game to be sometime this year or middle of 2016. I doubt either FFXV or KH3 will be released in 2016 if either it'll be FFXV very late 2016

He didn't even discuss Xbox One. Kinda baffling since 3 is coming to XBO. Part of me wonders why they aren't cancelling it if they aren't going to support it.

same reason FFXV is still coming to Xbone

they made a promise and they probably don't want to scrap all the work they have done

Top Bottom