• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Legends coming to North American PlayStation Store next Tuesday

Awesome.

Now give me MML2 so I can tell all the eBay scalpers to go fuck themselves. Haven't been able to play the end game sections of my copy again since I let a friend borrow it and he scratched the hell out of it.

Oh and please relaunch MML3 on PS4. I'll take back everything bad I've ever said about Capcom.

Blues1990

Be careful, I bought a 3DS for that exact same reason and we saw how that turned out.... Yeah I'm still bitter.

Better wait till it's actually out just to be sure.
You're probably right. Maybe they are going to ask us fans to crowdsource this. What can possibly go wrong?

You can't derail a thread about ports by asking for ports

Currently the classic releases only work on "legacy platforms". It's quite stupid.

The original post wasn't "Now Sony, bring this game to PS4" it was "Sony, bring PS1 and PS2 games to PS4".

How is that not a derailment when it had nothing to do with the topic and was just begging for a feature on PS4?

The original post wasn't "Now Sony, bring this game to PS4" it was "Sony, bring PS1 and PS2 games to PS4".

How is that not a derailment when it had nothing to do with the topic and was just begging for a feature on PS4?

The only reason it got derailed is because you complained about it

ChazAshley

Gold Member
YES FINALLY. I still have MML and MML2 OST's on my playlist - always get nostalgia whenever they pop up. Been playing through Tron Bonne again for the 50th time just for fun and now I shall do the same for MML -

CAN KICKER'S REJOICE!

DOG KICKERS (Japan only) REJOICE!

ACCIDENTALLY WALK INTO ROLL'S ROOM WHILE CHANGING CLOTHES FANS (Japan only) REJOICE!!

Vlaphor

Megaman Legend Hell Yeah!

Hope that a good vita control config will be found for this game as well (Tron Bonne require a bit of control configuration before it was really playable on the Vita).

Hmm, I wonder if they'd be willing to fix the translation error that got me stuck for quite awhile? See, it's standard Capcom procedure to rename every instance of "Rock" in these games to "Mega". It's 'Find/replace" at this point. At one point in Megaman Legends, you get a Mega Buster. This is used to "bust" a rock wall. If you can't figure this out (like I couldn't when I first played the game and had to wait until I could get on my high schools internet to figure out what to do), then you can't proceed in the game.

Also, this is the game that made me aware that if you play the PSX for too long in one sitting (say, twelve hours), then it overheats and starts to do weird things (the voices got really choppy and stuttery).

kevm3

Capcom has been making great moves lately in making their older catalog available. Now Sony needs to add ps1 and ps2 games to ps4.It's wack that I have to turn on my ps3 to play them.

HOLY

FUCKING

SHIT

So bought. Now get MML2 up there. And then revive MML3. And then bring Great Ace Attorney over here. Then I'll like you again Caocom.

RK128

YESSSSSS XD!

FINALLY WE GOT IT :').

I....can't believe we are getting this finally; reports of licensing issues preventing it from landing on PSN have always popped up, explaining why it never came to PSN before.

But with Trone Bone landing on PSN early this year alongside MM8 plus two of the MMX games (X4 and X5) and Strider 1 + 2 landing on PSN late 2014....Capcom really is going out of there way in releasing their PS1 classics on PSN :').

Man.....I never expected this day to happen but yet here it is, Mega Man Legends coming to PS3 and PS Vita next Tuseday.

Makes up for TGS disappointing me in spades XD!

YESSSSSS XD!

FINALLY WE GOT IT :').

I....can't believe we are getting this finally; reports of licensing issues preventing it from landing on PSN have always popped up, explaining why it never came to PSN before.

But with Trone Bone landing on PSN early this year alongside MM8 plus two of the MMX games (X4 and X5) and Strider 1 + 2 landing on PSN late 2014....Capcom really is going out of there way in releasing their PS1 classics on PSN :').

Man.....I never expected this day to happen but yet here it is, Mega Man Legends coming to PS3, PSP and PS Vita next Tuseday.

Makes up for TGS disappointing me in spades XD!

Not to PSP for some reason but no loss there for meeeeeeeee

It's in the post quoted in the OP, won't play on PSP.

I am of the opinion that the only good Mega Man Legends game is the second one. First game lacks the personality and tightness of game mechanics that the sequel has. MML2 gets really stupid with its story at the end, but 90% of the adventure is a fun sprawling treasure hunt.

georly

Oh man, I just replayed it 2 years ago, too. Still holds up, in my mind, after you get used to the REALLY bad pre-dual-analogs controls.

Bought bought bought.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This makes me wonder, if they can put the PS1 version up, despite some people saying it wasn't as good, maybe they'll put Mega Man 64 on the Wii U VC? Heck, it'd be the same price.

Gambit61

Holy Shit, I hope we get MML2 soon, I never got to play it. Already replayed the first one recently and loved it as much as the first playthrough.

sn00zer

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

vOl5Oo.gif

vOl5Oo.gif

God I'm so fucking happy. Did NOT expect this to happen :)

I wonder what hoops they finally circumvented to make this happen.

As someone who has not plated MML but is a big Mega Man player, what makes it so appealing? Don't hurt me GAF.

Charm. Timeless vibrant charm. The controls have aged sure (20 mins playing and you'll acclimate) but they don't make games like this anymore.

thanks but no thanks, i'm not giving capcom anymore money, i'd rather let the megaman serie die at this point... we know that the sells won't change anything

plus i already replayed them when they announced legends 3

Its a very cheery action adventure game. Kind of a mix between Zelda and Ape Escape.

I'll throw in Ghibli inspired in there too. The game took influence from Porco/Kiki/Laputa-esque aesthetic. Airships, sky pirates, old robots in ruins, Europeanish island town... Basically all of my favorite things in one.

This is seriously one of the most charming, upbeat games I've ever played. People who like fun, charming games need to play this. Capcom on their A game.

It stands up as a great adventure game today, and the gameplay as well....

So yea it was and still is a great game!

Wish it sold more at time of release, but a re-release is fantastic. I fire this up on emulator frequently, it's easy to jump in and out of at any time, it's just amazing.

Great dungeons, great enemies and bosses, and a nice city to explore, and research/development of items that doesn't take decades to complete (looking at you MGSV..... >.>).

khaaan

I just noticed, coincidentally it'll be exactly five years next Tuesday since the announcement of Mega Man Legends 3.

Top Bottom