• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Legends coming to North American PlayStation Store next Tuesday

jett

D-Member
Why is this game 9.99? The normal PS1 price is 5.99, isn't it?

Anyway, now everyone can suffer this game's horribly dated controls, hooray!

(MML2 is the game you really want to play)

One step away from MML2.

Glad 1 is coming. I know it's covered with nostalgia, but there's alot in terms of style I like about MML. Not sure about gameplay though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I kind of want to see if they can get Mega Man 64 on the Wii U Virtual Console also...forgot if that one added anything, but for completion sake.

I heard one of the reasons this didn't happen beforehand was Legends has some real-life companies referenced...guess they sorted that out? Wonder if someone got paid.

rebought it a few months back for $30 and I don't regret it at all.

Great game, probably one of my favorite of all time. I really recommend it to anyone who likes adventure games. It can be a bit outdated control wise, but it's still a pretty amazing game for its time. Still looks great too!

Why is this game 9.99? The normal PS1 price is 5.99, isn't it?

Anyway, now everyone can suffer this game's horribly dated controls, hooray!

(MML2 is the game you really want to play)

Something tells me they had to pay off the real-world companies referenced in this game to some extent to allow a re-release. Perhaps the extra cash being charged is a profit margin set aside for the intellectual properties involved. Which is fiiiiiine by me.

Shenmue

Banned
350x700px-LL-07fd687b_9z66i.gif

Interesting, they're testing the waters perhaps. If this sells well, and this is a big if I can see them considering taking Legends 3 out of cancellation... but yeah, that's wishful thinking.

Servbot24

Banned
Interesting, they're testing the waters perhaps. If this sells well, and this is a big if I can see them considering taking Legends 3 out of cancellation... but yeah, that's wishful thinking.

Honestly I am more excited about this and hopefully MML@ someday being on Vita than the prospect of MML3. I have no faith that would be much good.

I'm so excited, I haven't gotten to play it since I was a kid, does anyone know exactly what the differences between the ps1 and n64 versions are? I'm excited all the same but I'm curious how off my present day experience will be from my childhood memories.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm so excited, I haven't gotten to play it since I was a kid, does anyone know exactly what the differences between the ps1 and n64 versions are? I'm excited all the same but I'm curious how off my present day experience will be from my childhood memories.
Mega Man Wikia has some details.

Interestingly, the YAG building (which is a real-life company & what people assume was part of the licensing problem) was not in the N64 version, which means aside from making sure it works, it would be easier for the game to hit Wii U VC compared to PSN.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Something tells me they had to pay off the real-world companies referenced in this game to some extent to allow a re-release. Perhaps the extra cash being charged is a profit margin set aside for the intellectual properties involved. Which is fiiiiiine by me.
I feel like this could be the reason, which is more valid than S-E's "It's Final Fantasy on PS1, we KNOW you'll buy it" tax (or maybe it's because each game was 3 or 4 discs, meaning a bigger file size, I don't know)

Rockman Corner made a post about the licensing (mainly a building & vending machine referencing real-life Japanese products & companies), it's worth checking out. They also did one on Legends 2, which doesn't have the product placement so licensing won't be as difficult. Though I wonder if it'd also cost $10 (though considering the damn eBay prices, it's still hell of a lot cheaper).

RK128

I feel like this could be the reason, which is more valid than S-E's "It's Final Fantasy on PS1, we KNOW you'll buy it" tax (or maybe it's because each game was 3 or 4 discs, meaning a bigger file size, I don't know)

Rockman Corner made a post about the licensing (mainly a building & vending machine referencing real-life Japanese products & companies), it's worth checking out. They also did one on Legends 2, which doesn't have the product placement so licensing won't be as difficult. Though I wonder if it'd also cost $10 (though considering the damn eBay prices, it's still hell of a lot cheaper).

Considering Capcom points out that they had help from PlayStation, this could be part of 'building the list' thing; getting games on PS Platforms that people have been frequently asking for. And Sony had to just pay off for licensing fees and Capcom is charging more money than their other PS1 Classics (2-3 bucks more) due to the money Sony put in to cover the licensing fees.

And with MML2 having even less issues to work out, we might be getting both Legends games on NA PSN before the end of October :D!

Will be amazing to play this on my playstation TV

If the input lag is bearable...I tried playing some of the old Resident Evil games on a PSTV, and I have never noticed input lag on any other game systems before...but on the PSTV, PS1 games just were sooo laggy for me, it was unplayable.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering Capcom points out that they had help from PlayStation, this could be part of 'building the list' thing; getting games on PS Platforms that people have been frequently asking for. And Sony had to just pay off for licensing fees and Capcom is charging more money than their other PS1 Classics (2-3 bucks more) due to the money Sony put in to cover the licensing fees.

And with MML2 having even less issues to work out, we might be getting both Legends games on NA PSN before the end of October :D!
Maybe Sony finally changed their policy on "no changing the code for PS1 & PS2 re-releases"? Though that building the list theory sounds possible, considering how many years we've been asking for it.

I think the only "change" we'd see for Legends 2 is maybe (& that's a strong maybe) getting an E10+ rating instead of an E due to ESRB being a bit more strict nowadays, but doesn't change anything about the game itself.

RK128

Maybe Sony finally changed their policy on "no changing the code for PS1 & PS2 re-releases"? Though that building the list theory sounds possible, considering how many years we've been asking for it.

I think the only "change" we'd see for Legends 2 is maybe (& that's a strong maybe) getting an E10+ rating instead of an E due to ESRB being a bit more strict nowadays, but doesn't change anything about the game itself.

Sony and Capcom must have gotten sick of all the request and said this:

"FINE! We (Sony) will pay for the licensing fees and you (Capcom) put the damn game through certification. People have been asking for this for years and it seems very easy to take this game off the list, as it only a PS1 ISO for PS3, PS Vita and PSP. ....Oh? The game cant run on the PSP? Okay, it will be PS3/PS Vita only then."

I see this coming to PSN as Sony doing more with building the list than we thought; they know we want classic games and since making a new Legends isn't happening, they said "Lets put the first and second game on PSN instead".

I wonder if this will lead to other long-standing PS1 classics landing on Sony systems in the future, as there are PS1 classics that still aren't on PSN (Midevil 2, Ape Escape, ect).

Since apparently everything is possible these days I want someone to make Shadow Hearts 1+2 happen on PSN

I expect results in 2 weeks

What I get from that is that it probably costs more than most PSX games do on the Playstation Store.

Many games are 5.99, the bigger ones are mostly 9.99 though

RK128

Since apparently everything is possible these days I want someone to make Shadow Hearts 1+2 happen on PSN

I expect results in 2 weeks

Many games are 5.99, the bigger ones are mostly 9.99 though

With Legends landing on PSN, you shouldn't be waiting long YianGaruga :D!

This year is the time dreams and dream games are announced, so anything is possible :).

koutoru

Maybe if it sells enough copies Capcom will feel inclined to do a full remaster for PS4, since they love doing those now anyway.

A lot of Konami, Capcom, and Square-Enix published PS1 games are $10. In fact, I think all of Square-Enix's are.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 I think it was used to be 5.99 and now it's 9.99 USD last time I checked lol :/

The price change happened near the time SFV was announced too lmao.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What I get from that is that it probably costs more than most PSX games do on the Playstation Store.
I see 19 other PS1 Classics that're $9.99. Xenogears, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy 7, 8, & 9, Castlevania SotN, Suidoken 2, Tomba (yay for the flash sale making it $4), Metal Gear Solid, etc.

It's only $4 more than the normal PS1 Classics price, & the same price as PS2 Classics (save for GTA San Andreas which is $15).

I'll take a few more dollars more & the ability to have it portable on my Vita over not available at all aside from crazy expensive eBay & Amazon prices (Legends 2 goes for freakin' $80+ for the disc ALONE. Tron Bonne is $100+).

Top Bottom