• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Legends coming to North American PlayStation Store next Tuesday

........... Fuck you Capcom... I'll buy Legends again... Don't think that means I forgive you for the last 5 years though.

(edit) For the people wondering why it's not PSP compatible... you HAVE played MML before right? Need those 4 shoulder buttons Yo (or a way to emulate them ala Vita)

The game has a native PSP port in Japan, I'm sure they could have made the controls work
There's just no reason to bother with the PSP, it's almost as dead as the Vita!

Mr-Joker

Banned
Cool, now if they can release it on Europe PSN along with Mega Man Legend 2.

I am just hoping that sales are good enough for Capcom to resume development of Legend 3.

Just map it to the analogue stick thing?

More likely the game is just very demanding and PSP had issues.

Good luck using the analogue nub and the D-pad in conjunction to either move (R1 + L1) or to aim (R2 + L2). Both configurations would be pretty terrible.

The game has a native PSP port in Japan, I'm sure they could have made the controls work
There's just no reason to bother with the PSP, it's almost as dead as the Vita!

The controls were modified in the PSP version... I can't remember exactly how off hand (it's been ... jeez... almost a decade since I played them on PSP) but even then it was pretty iffy.

Sony....it's time. Announce ps1 and ps2 classics on ps4

Mega Man fans finally get some good news and it's being co-opted by people port begging classics to PS4...

Wanderer5

Well damn, time to get the PS3 running again! I had regretted passing on a chance to pick this one up for a decent price, so I really happy for this. Been wanting to check these games out.

Sony....it's time. Announce ps1 and ps2 classics on ps4

They still haven't done this yet?

PsionBolt

Great! Awesome! Fantastic! Please release 2 also!

...It's kind of bullshit that it won't play on PSP, though. I've been playing the game on PSP for years. I assume it's part of some licensing thing, or similar.
Anyway, I don't mind sticking to the PSP ports regardless. I'll still buy the PSN version just to have.

(edit) For the people wondering why it's not PSP compatible... you HAVE played MML before right? Need those 4 shoulder buttons Yo (or a way to emulate them ala Vita)

Why, yes, I have. Multiple times on PSP, in fact! Around once a year. It plays just fine.

teiresias

So I take it this was a good game given everyone's reactions? I vaguely remember it getting good reviews at the time (maybe), but never played it myself.

I'd be interested in the "variety of constraints" that prevent it working on PSP, though. Sony just no longer paying to certify any classics work properly on the platform?

So I take it this was a good game given everyone's reactions? I vaguely remember it getting good reviews at the time (maybe), but never played it myself.

It has problems (as mentioned, the controls) but it's super unique and charming, has a great world and characters. It's fantastic.

So I take it this was a good game given everyone's reactions? I vaguely remember it getting good reviews at the time (maybe), but never played it myself

Imagine a playable Mega Man Cartoon/Anime. A really good cartoon/anime. That is the legends series.

On emulators you can change the turning to the analog sticks. Hopefully you will be able to do that here.

It's built into the game... Heck I think it even asks you if you want to use L and R or the D-pad for turning, it just defaults to the wrong one. Then again, maybe it was Tron Bonne and MML2 that asks at the start and you manually have to set it in the first one... Either way, it's an option built into the game itself.

Dsyndrome

I made an ISO off my copy and ported it to my PSP; game has massive slowdowns in some areas, like worse than Portable Ops slowdowns. Could be the reason it's not coming to PSP.

Skelter

Banned
I guess I should really buy a Vita. Even as just a legacy system. Since the PS4 seems to get nothing like this unless if it's a damn HD remake.

Takao

Banned
I'd be interested in the "variety of constraints" that prevent it working on PSP, though. Sony just no longer paying to certify any classics work properly on the platform?

Given 3 PSP compatible PSone Classics have come out in the last week (2 today), probably not.

Boke1879

Good luck using the analogue nub and the D-pad in conjunction to either move (R1 + L1) or to aim (R2 + L2). Both configurations would be pretty terrible.

The controls were modified in the PSP version... I can't remember exactly how off hand (it's been ... jeez... almost a decade since I played them on PSP) but even then it was pretty iffy.

Mega Man fans finally get some good news and it's being co-opted by people port begging classics to PS4...

You act like I'm not buying this on my Vita when it's released lol.

You act like I'm not buying this on my Vita when it's released lol.

Hm? I never said you weren't. I was just giving a good justifiable reason why the PSP is a bad system to release it onto.

I can't even imagine trying to get a top score in the TV studio games while trying to use the D-pad and analogue nub at the same time.

Justified

Yes!
7Axw5oQ.gif

PsionBolt

In my eyes, it's the best PS1 game ever made. It was basically 3D Zelda before 3D Zelda, plus robots and extra anime-ness.

I'm now going to purchase a PSV, just because of this announcement. Thank you, Ccappocpomnn, for this! :D

Be careful, I bought a 3DS for that exact same reason and we saw how that turned out.... Yeah I'm still bitter.

Better wait till it's actually out just to be sure.

For those playing through for the first time, remember that the game will let you sell things that you have equipped without warning you. The Game Informer guys found this out the hard way when they sold everything to try to buy some high priced armor only to find out in the next episode that they'd sold all of their upgrades

https://youtu.be/OhoKYXTLWv0?t=938

End game spoilers, so don't watch if you haven't played the game before. But that's the moment they realize that they're screwed up in a major way. They also saved over their most recent save when they sold everything.

Is it really port begging to expect a current gen console to be supported?

When you de-rail a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with it? Yes.

Recently replayed it. Game has Aged just fine but the shooting tank controls are a pain.

Strafe while jumping and shooting. Luckily MML2 allows you to lock on and strafe at the same time, but you can get by pretty well by doing that in MML1.

TalonJH

Imagine a playable Mega Man Cartoon/Anime. A really good cartoon/anime. That is the legends series.

It's built into the game... Heck I think it even asks you if you want to use L and R or the D-pad for turning, it just defaults to the wrong one. Then again, maybe it was Tron Bonne and MML2 that asks at the start and you manually have to set it in the first one... Either way, it's an option built into the game itself.

I thought It didn't change until MML2. I was quoting you for other guy in my post.

Oh my god, YES. Instant purchase. I can't believe this is finally happening.

Totally replaying it on my Vita!

Here's hoping we can get Legends 2 as well!

Also, it's really great to see all the Legends love in this thread. I'm glad so many of you know how special a game/series this is. <3

Boney

Banned
Not really. Legends 1 has a very generous auto aim in place. The only instance where you need to lock in is when there's enemies way above you, mostly just the ferry boss, which doesn't matter in terms of controls because you can't move and lock on in Legends 1. And L2 does nothing here btw

And controls are fine. There's nothing wrong with turning with the L & R buttons. You can move forward while turning perfectly fine, and it's super easy to circle strafe enemies. I really don't understand the control complaints with this game.

Is it really port begging to expect a current gen console to be supported?

No it's not. People just like to complain about port discussion since it's seen as a "bad thing" in general, when it's actually not always a problem, especially in a thread that is about ports. (which this basically is)

You can't derail a thread about ports by asking for ports

Currently the classic releases only work on "legacy platforms". It's quite stupid.

Top Bottom