• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Persona Artworks revealed (Captain Kidd, Carmen, Zorro, Goemon)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Credits to raven777. Official website has uploaded new artwork.

Official site: http://persona5.jp/

s06_chara3s5s4b.png

s06_chara46lsx7.png

s06_chara57osk3.png

s06_chara69jsyf.png

s06_chara700scr.png

s06_chara8igscs.png

s06_chara9f5s48.png

s06_chara10m0s08.png

Also, new screenshots:

New screenshots released via Famitsu:

XGZiDzi.jpg

42XVnt9.jpg

sIROjpg.jpg

Soejima has definitely upped his game when it comes to Persona designs since his last shot with Persona 4. He's really improving as an artist all of the time.

Gods damn that's some sexy artwork! The designs for this game so far have really raised the bar for the series.

The fact that this probably won't be out until 2017 in the EU is killing me.

Edit: Holy shit at those screenshots! This game is so fucking beautiful!

Zolo

Carmen? Carmen Sandiego?

Google translate mentions the words 'novels' and 'opera' which pretty much just confirms what a lot of us already figured. Apparently, Yusuke's profile mentions he's also an orphan? I'll wait for the people who can actually read Japanese for any more info.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Pretty sure it's the opera

Seems like the theme for the Personas are historical characters. Hoping to see Sinbad or Aladdin.

Wish we get more girls though.

Thoraxes

Everyone's going to die. Look at Goemon and Captain Kidd, in addition to Carmen.

Oh I know! It's just that I have an affinity for french opera because I took a year to study it in grad school, haha.

At least the smuggling totally works for that persona!
I'm hoping for at least 1 more. Seems like the cast would be bigger than just these 5 though, but maybe not.

I haven't gotten over the delay. This just makes it hurt more.

Take solace in the immense probability that Morgana will transform into a hot chick halfway through. Kinda like Teddie, expect, y'know, not a dude and everything.

Zolo

Everyone's going to die. Look at Goemon and Captain Kidd, in addition to Carmen.

I think that people are looking too closely at the 'died at the end' part for the Personas when that was really just how a lot of criminal/thief stories (especially in real life) ended.

Ryuji's google translate mentions an incident in the past, which if correct, lines up with a theory of mine that I think he was likely framed or blamed for something he didn't do. I'm not familar with Captain Kidd, but one point seems to be about how he likely was just a regular privateer until he was falsely accused/framed of being a pirate which inevitably led him to be one. The same could the case with Ryuji who's a troublemaker because he was blamed as one despite that not being the case. Obviously, Carmen lines up with Ann's story part that has a stalker becoming a serious issue.

FluxWaveZ

Pretty sure it's the opera

Seems like the theme for the Personas are historical characters. Hoping to see Sinbad or Aladdin.

Specifically, the cast's initial Personas are based on picaresque romance characters of renown. One more Persona that should come up in the future based on what Hashino has said is
The Fiend With Twenty Faces.

I think that people are looking too closely at the 'died at the end' part for the Personas when that was really just how a lot of criminal/thief stories (especially in real life) ended.

I was kidding.

I'm hoping for at least 1 more. Seems like the cast would be bigger than just these 5 though, but maybe not.

We did get one more female main character essentially confirmed through the very beginning of PV03, though, so there's that.

Wow, amazing designs. A style completely different from Kaneko's, but great all the same. I wonder how well they translate to 3D models though, as more complex/baroque designs are really hard to make in moving polygons without either losing a lot of detail or looking like a busy mess half of the time.

Zolo

Take solace in the immense probability that Morgana will transform into a hot chick halfway through. Kinda like Teddie, expect, y'know, not a dude and everything.

This was part of Morgana's translation:

Then live with the protagonist , it becomes possible to both the bed and sleep .

Already talks about Morgana sleeping with the protagonist.

I have no idea what the actual translation for this other than assuming 'Lives with protagonist and sleeps there.'

I was kidding.
I was talking more in general for a lot of people than in your case, but a lot of people latched onto the idea.

FluxWaveZ

Wow, amazing designs. A style completely different from Kaneko's, but great all the same. I wonder how well they translate to 3D models though, as more complex/baroque designs are really hard to make in moving polygons without either losing a lot of detail or looking like a busy mess half of the time.

Haven't we already seen them in 3D in PV03?

Ryuji's google translate mentions an incident in the past, which if correct, lines up with a theory of mine that I think he was likely framed or blamed for something he didn't do. I'm not familar with Captain Kidd, but one point seems to be about how he likely was just a regular privateer until he was falsely accused/framed of being a pirate which inevitably led him to be one. The same could the case with Ryuji who's a troublemaker because he was blamed as one despite that not being the case. Obviously, Carmen lines up with Ann's story part that has a stalker becoming a serious issue.

They all seem to mention an incident in the past. I think it was mentioned in a past interview that there's a certain incident which kicks off events. Seems like it also caused their awakening.

Top Bottom