• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super pretty SUPER FAMICOM coffee table book announced

GlamFM

Banned
UPDATE:

Collectors Edition:

SFC-slipcase2_1024x1024.jpg

BoxOpening_LR_1024x1024.jpg

Poster_LR_1024x1024.jpg

Is it set up to ship to the US because when I was about to do express with Paypal it just gave me the price of the book.

At first through PayPal it will give you the price of the book. After that you just confirm shipping and it will add the 9.95 pounds.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just got word that shipping to the US is $15 even if you order 2 or more books. Think next week or so, I'll figure out another book to order so I can try to place less orders to get all the books I want from them...which is almost all of them

Tizoc

Bump! As per the book's page it should be releasing this month. I ordered it months ago so seeing as they collected the payment initially, I'd just need to wait for them to deliver it @o@

Vespa

Received it yesterday, it's fantastic. Like how the boxes are slightly worn, sort of adds some warmth and character to an already nostalgia packed book. I do hope there will be more in the 'box art collection' series.

Looks amazing and I might pick it up, but I wish there was a variant titled Super Nintendo. In my world and growing up, that was the name of the system. No other name holds meaning.

Definitely going to order this later.

On the subject of art books, does anyone know if there's a decent one about controllers? I've always wanted a good history of the pad kind of book, that delved into the major evolutions and those of the less well known systems.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Didn't even know about this and was going to order 2 CE's. It won't let me ship to the US ;_;

_jnup

This looks amazing. Just pre-ordered the Collector's Edition. Ended up costing $87.34 with shipping to the US.

Fuuuuck, it showed on Amazon France and went sold-out instantly.
I have it in my "for later" list since it was anounced.
Totally forgot to pre-order, stupid me.

I can't wait to have it, and to put it next to the Megadrive one (which is totally worth the price).
Nostalgia intensifies.

Glix

Just pre-ordered collectors edition. Came to $70-something after shipping to NY. Never would have seen this without GAF.

Thanks guys!

bumpkin

And pre-ordered! I ended up going with the regular edition. The fancy box and poster isn't worth an extra 25 GBP to me. The book itself will be just fine.

Tizoc

I can't believe
SF Zero 2 SNES, considered one of the worst performing ports ever, got in and not SMT2's cover.
Seriously wtf...
Also the detail on the DQ5 Hero's clothes on that cover, based Toriyama <3

I can't believe SF Zero 2 SNES, considered one of the worst performing ports ever, got in and not SMT2's cover.
Seriously wtf...
Also the detail on the DQ5 Hero's clothes on that cover, based Toriyama <3

Similarly, I can't believe that terrible Aladdin cover got in and the beautiful Bahamut Lagoon one didn't. :/

It's a handsome book though

galvatron

Wow...I'm kind of done with SNES, but that book looks gorgeous and would go well with my Megadrive book. GAF once again making me spend money.

Eusis

Looks amazing and I might pick it up, but I wish there was a variant titled Super Nintendo. In my world and growing up, that was the name of the system. No other name holds meaning.
It's all about Japanese game covers far as I can tell. To have a Super Nintendo variant the only right thing to do is chronicle NA and AU/EU covers, thus an entirely separate edition.
And it'd be worth it.

Danchi

Maaaan I want one for the Famicom library.

It's not really the same thing, but this might be up your alley: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/vgbooks/vgbooks-familycomputer.htm

Has a write-up on every Famicom game released between '83 and '94 (including a picture of the cover, of course). Text is in both English and Japanese.

It's out-of-print now so I don't think it's that easy to find. Copy paste the ISBN into Amazon and add it to your wish list or something. I lucked out when a random Japanese seller on Amazon UK put it up for a reasonable price (think it was around £15).

Makeda

Out of curiosity, for those who have already got the book - when did you receive a 'shipping / delivery ' email?
I pre-ordered it but so far I have only received the standard pre-order confirmation email.

Top Bottom