• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: New Xbox Experience delayed to December

MauroNL

EDIT: It's confirmed fake so ignore the article.

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/652870307212976128

http://www.bidnessetc.com/54683-microsoft-corporation-msft-postpones-dashboard-update-for-xbox-one/

"Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) started a Preview Program for its Xbox One experience in September. A few members of Xbox Live were given invites to provide feedback on the beta program. Microsoft had announced that it will release the Xbox One experience in November but due to obvious reasons it has now decided to postpone the update.

Many Xbox One owners have been patiently waiting to try the new experience which was initially scheduled for November 2015, but now has been pushed back till December 2015.

The reason why Microsoft has decided to postpone the update is due to various bugs and issues with the dashboard. During the beta program, many users complained of lags and crash issues on the new games. Others complained of freezing issues while watching TV through the HDMI cable, followed by random lags, which annoyed many users.

This is why many console owners now appreciate a beta program before directly upgrading Xbox One’s dashboard. It’s because of the beta program that the bugs were identified and fixed.

Going forward, the extended beta program will give Microsoft the opportunity to rectify the bugs that could later plague users' experience. With the new update released recently for Preview Program members, Microsoft has provided console owners with the list of games that currently face problems visually or may even stop working altogether at some point. The list includes games i.e. Destiny: The Taken King, Skylander, Xbox Fitness, Unmechanical, Pool Nation FX, and Forza 6.

For now, Microsoft seems to be doing the right thing by delaying the official launch of the new Xbox experience until all the issues are rectified and the preview members are satisfied with the updates."

Not to sure about the source, so tied it as rumour for now.

MrBenchmark

Not a surprise if true it's a hot mess right now. Systems just randomly rebooting and it very glitchy.

I've tested every Xbox dash ever and this one is super unstable

OverHeat

« generous god »
I had destiny crashed on me 3 times since I got the update. But beside that it's pretty smooth.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I said when they started this that they were starting it way too late for a November release. This beta should have stared back in July.

MavFan619

Banned
I haven't had any issues with it yet but I've heard there are issues other have encountered so makes sense to iron all of that out. Happy to be a Guinea pig as I like it a lot more than the square of oblivion from before.

It's been fairly stable for me on two different XB1s.

I've experienced one crash while tuning in Forza; the external hard drive problem, which is annoying but easy to fix; and intermittent connection loss on the console that uses Wi-Fi.

Is this the thing where they bring in backwards compatibility?

Not sure it's a requirement because BC currently works in the preview version of the current OS.

I did notice today that Gold sharing for 360 games seems to be working, and that I don't think that is supported in the current OS.

EYEL1NER

As much as I want access to some of the features in the NXE, if they don't think they can get everything working well and iron out all the wrinkles, I am 100% okay with them delaying it.
The industry tolerates broken-ass game releases; I would prefer large console updates that are broken on day-one not become a 'thing' too.

etta

my hard graphic balls
That's weird, I'll wait for confirmation by Mike and/or his team.
I thought they didn't want to do software updates in December in case something goes wrong and all those consoles under the tree become useless on Christmas day.

Chris1

This just reads like nonsense. The reason it's been delayed is because beta testers found a few bugs? Well yeah, that's what beta testers are for. Most of the bugs they listed were ones known before the invites even went out, if MS were gonna delay it because of those, they wouldn't of said November in the first place.

Plus MS has always said they won't release any big updates in December because of the huge influx of console owners. Last year December and Jan had no preview updates.

Lichter

Well I'm on the preview program and they rather take their time (a lot of people are counting on this update) than failing the release.

They have to make it more ergonomic (going to "my games and apps" is a mess, what a joke for a video game console). A new tab before "Community" dedicated to games would be great.

And the disc-based game should be at the top of the apps/games historic.

Schmitty

That "article" was so poorly written its hard to believe they have sources, although it could be good guess

From the beta test thread it honestly sounds like more then 4-5 weeks of work before they release it to everybody, they have a lot of things to finish up and fix.

Given its due for release in November which is still 3 weeks away and November itself 30 days long itself, they have 50+ days to keep working on it to hit it in November, it might get delayed but I think to announce (or users declare they should) a delay seems a bit premature, its a proper beta where they get feedback and keep iterating on it and we're not even in mid-October.

Chillax.

Is BC tied to this?

I don't think so.

D3VI0US

Yeah I don't see how they can make it stable in a month and a half but being in the preview program better not fuck up my upcoming Halo 5 launch day binge week.

I don't understand, i thought the NXOE was rolling out on september but it was the beta testing that was rolling out on september?

gossi

I use the new dashboard in the closed beta. It needs some serious work. My Xbox has hard crashed a few times this week, and there's still lots of features missing (surround sound on TV, all Kinect gestures etc etc). There's no need for MS to rush out the rollout.

New002

Sounds good. They definitely do not want to rush this and release it in a bug-ridden and/or clunky state. This "new xbox experience" as they put it needs to be flawless or the backlash is gonna be huge. MS can't afford to mess this up.

FrsDvl

They should definitely delay it, unless they have some special magic tricks to fix everything about this annoying dashboard in a months time.

Madness

Sounds made up. The way they've worded it makes it seem like it's official and yet no other place is mentioning it and Xbox themselves have officially stated it's still on track for November release. Aside from a few wonky things, its rock solid for me, much faster than the last dash as well.

Top Bottom