• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

Have you tried Lure Magic and Reflect instead? Steiner and Agrias can self heal with Drain Strike. A Runic RW can mitigate as well, though it'll do less damage because Golbez always casts the same element that he's weak to, so reflecting those will up your DPS a noticeable amount.

Got him down to about 25% hp left. He was casting too many aoe spells. Binding cold paralyzed several people as well.

Im running out of dps towards the end as well.

Need more ability slots. Question, does shellga bypass my reflect from carbuncle?

WarAdept

Got him down to about 25% hp left. He was casting too many aoe spells. Binding cold paralyzed several people as well.

Im running out of dps towards the end as well.

Need more ability slots. Question, does shellga bypass my reflect from carbuncle?

Yes. Reflect does not work on AoE stuff.

Blasted Yunalesca before doing any relic draws. Noticed her Absorb ability is physical instead of BLK this time, which is weird. Got Papalymo's Stardust Rod. It's my third SSB, my first black mage relic, and my first En-element. That makes me happy.

Kenai

YES! Thyrus from my 100 gem draw!

Now I am not sure if I still wanna burn my last 50 Mythril on FF14, use it on banner 4, or just save it.

I'm pretty sure that song that plays when you fight Yunalesca is the only good thing to come out of Final Fantasy X.

It's awesome, I look forward to it whenever there's a X event.

hesho

so...... should i be happy or sad? I am seriously not trying to throw salt around at anyone but seriously...

i already had a 7* SG... and now... i can make a 7* Thyrus........ really??? Should i be happy or sad about this?

c-murph

Yunalesca is kicking my ass.

Is there anyway to silence her and keep her silence? I have all my Holy Resistance equip but still get my ass handed to me.

Yunalesca is kicking my ass.

Is there anyway to silence her and keep her silence? I have all my Holy Resistance equip but still get my ass handed to me.

Don't forget that everybody has access to a +50% RES buff through Celes's default soulbreak. That might help you edge it. Don't be afraid of using HP stealing abilities or running two healers either.

c-murph

Ah man... I switched my party to Lightning, Zack, Yuffie, Yuna and Ramza.

Made it down to Yunalesca's last silver of health. Lightning was charging for a Crushing blow, but then was demolished by a series of Mega Death KOs to everyone because I had healed my party with Hymn of the Faith just prior... :(

Never felt so cheated...

MrDaravon

Chainstarter plus Full Charge on my level 80 Lightning with Peacemaker and Kaiser shield has really turned the corner for me in terms of tackling the very hardest content, it makes me legitimately happy lol. Goes a long way to dulling the pain of getting nothing on my pulls at least. I have garbage FF4 synergy and still got full mastery on Golbez, and that was a big help on it.

Even if I cashed in all of my greens for Power Orbs I would still be about 24 MPO short of what I would need to get both to r3, but in my case it's working out play since even in the instance I exhaust all 4 charges on both I have 2-3 SSB's good to go. It's pretty great.

WarAdept

Battle on the Big Bridge remix on the menu screen.

Eiaha.gif

Razor Gale has no haste component and Sabin can't equip support skills, so those two don't really overlap all.

That said, I personally very rarely use Shout for physical parties since the weaker boostgas are generally good enough and I have other sources of haste.

Oh right.

My current main party is:

Cloud (I have have his SSB)
Greg (I have repentance, plus he's good for drawtaliate)
RedXIII (Diamond Pin)
Vivi (I have his SSB and his poison SB)
Yuna (I have her heal/regen ability)

Other unique SBs I have:
Tellah - Font of Wisdom
Golbez - Black Fang
Locke - Mirage Dive, Phoenix Plunder
Zack - Air Strike
Reno - Turk Light
Sephiroth - Hell's Gate
Aerith - Healing Wind
Squall - Fated Circle
Laguna - Desperado
Rinoa - Angel Wing Break
Beatrix - Seiken Stock Break
Garnet - Leviathan
Tidus - Spiral Cut
Wakka - Attack Reels
Ashe - Northswain's Glow
Lightning - Crushing Blow
Vanille - Oerba's Boon
Y'Shtola - Stoneskin II
Tyro - Healing Grimoire, Last Judgement, Celebration Grimoire

Looking these over, I feel like the only ones I don't use that maybe I should are Vanille and Y'Shtola but I don't super keep up on what is good or not. I haven't done any ultimates in forever or updated my spells in months.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I got Yda's thing as well and I have no idea how to use it. Boosting Mind seems completely useless, but the increased critical hit chance would suggest you could hit caps pretty easily. But I'm not sure why you'd swap out a damage dealer for this soul break at all.

I read the OP but any more tips for a first timer?

Bad luck with draws will happen. If you look at Falk's draws a few pages back it's the definition of pure rotten luck. What's most important is to not get discouraged if you have a bad streak. Falk is pretty flegmatic about the whole thing and that's the positive outlook you should aim for. Last year I didn't get a single 5* pull for 4 months but now I am surprisingly getting a ton. It's pure RNG and nothing personal.

What's great about this game however is the fact that unique Soul Breaks are not the only necessary way to tackle content. Sure, for the very, very hardest ultimate battles as many as possible count but in general you can combine equipment, use world synergy to get your char/equip stats up and, especially important, honing abilities can get you a LOOONG way and are not gacha dependant whatsoever. Especially with recent and some 5* abilities down the line, you can approach Soul Break levels of damage but use them more frequently.

And have FUN. That's what people forget the most.

I read the OP but any more tips for a first timer?

You might consider rerolling for either Y'shtola's Thyrus on the FFXIV banner or Tyro's Sentinel's Grimoire during phase 5 of the Soul Breakout. Either of these two relics will help you immensely as they offer +200% defense and resistance.

I'd also check out the subreddit as there's a ton of information there.

LucaMac

It finally happened, after playing every day since launch, and dropping like 700 Mythril on the last SSSB Fest, I finally have my own Wall! And from a 100 Gem pull.

I got a tyrus during the last fest and haven't used it apart from the WHM abyss. All my decent relics seemed to be on WHM characters and wall is more useful as a RW if you've other trinity relics. I don't even run with a full party heal these days.

With catwoman getting a MC2 it might make a difference but I'd have to sub out Garnet whose hasteaga stacks with RW Wall. It actually annoys me that as soon as I got one it is pretty much useless to me.

TheExodu5

Banned
I kind of regret having stopped playing this. Despite being a little tedious due to the interface, this was still the best F2P game I played. I quit sometime shortly after getting Cloud's Organics.

Do I have any chance in hell at getting back to beating regular content? I still don't have a hastega or SG type relic though. :(

Anustart

Anyone have any input if it would be better to pull on tonights banner or phase 4?

Tonights has several that would help, tyros, selphies mainly. Phase 4 has da shout but not much else id like.

In answer to above, i started back up 2 months ago, had 73 stamina, no good soul breaks or anything really. Ive just beat my first ultimate last night and can master everything up til ultimates now as well. Up to 141 stamina and going strong.

I kind of regret having stopped playing this. Despite being a little tedious due to the interface, this was still the best F2P game I played. I quit sometime shortly after getting Cloud's Organics.

Do I have any chance in hell at getting back to beating regular content? I still don't have a hastega or SG type relic though. :(

There is a wall banner ongoing and banners with the best hastega and wall coming up might as well take a shot and come back a lot easier to catch up then it was back in the day.

MicH

I have pretty much quit this game, but I log in every now and then. Decided to do a pull on the breskfest banner and...

l9uk47tl.jpg

Are you kidding? The ONE relic I threw so many mythril at and never got I finally get when it's completely outclassed :lol

At least I finally have it even though I don't play anymore

MrDaravon

I have pretty much quit this game, but I log in every now and then. Decided to do a pull on the breskfest banner and...

l9uk47tl.jpg

Are you kidding? The ONE relic I threw so many mythril at and never got I finally get when it's completely outclassed :lol

At least I finally have it even though I don't play anymore

This is how they try to rope you back in

I just watched my friend get 8 5* relics on the FFXIV banner in one 11 pull, he got every featured relic BUT stoneskin.

Ouch. Just ouch. Then again, he has more XIV synergy now than nearly half the player base.

Also, pro tip, Pecil RW>>>Shout RW for both Kefka and Golbez. If you are playing a physical team despite Kefka's counter, go for that. Mastered him finally using it.

Yunalesca though can go screw herself.

Really don't know if I want to pull on Banner 3 tonight beside 100 gems. I really need to upgrade my Medica (Aerith's SB and SSB), but I also plan to do more than one 11 pulls on Banner 4 and Rydia 1. Banner 4 has the equivalent of Yuna's HotF for Lenna and Rydia 1 has Selphie's equivalent on a better character. I have SG so I would rarely use Tyro's BSB. However, one pull can help maximizing the chance of getting a better Medica and some secondary prizes like Wutai Headband are good. I can add that pulling another Magic Comb would make me angry if that's all there is in my pull. One of the Medica on a 100 gems pull would solve my dilemma! Come on game, throw me a bone!

Balphon

Anyone have any input if it would be better to pull on tonights banner or phase 4?

Tonights has several that would help, tyros, selphies mainly. Phase 4 has da shout but not much else id like.

In answer to above, i started back up 2 months ago, had 73 stamina, no good soul breaks or anything really. Ive just beat my first ultimate last night and can master everything up til ultimates now as well. Up to 141 stamina and going strong.

The items on banner 3 have mostly defensive SBs, and the ones on banner 4 have mostly damaging SBs. Just depends on what you want more.

I'm so happy that I managed to get away doing this Neo Bahamut Nightmare with as little hones possible. Only had to R4 the 3* Summons and that's it. Thank God for Ninja Tyro.

oeTZ4hg.jpg
Can you post a clearer/bigger picture (at least, on my mobile it's sooo small)? I need to blatantly copy your setup and finish this nightmare dungeon in time.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom