• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Congrats, hope that's what you wanted :)

Tried something interesting with Golbez. Instead of Shout I decided to use a Pecil RW with BSB. Seems like it's pretty much the best choice. Used it twice (on Lightning and Auron) at the beginning to get rid of the drake as soon as possible, then beat up Golbez with the single hit command for as long as it was still active. I get him to around 25-30% health this way in no time but after that the battle becomes one of attrition. I am doing peanuts worth of damage and as long as my mitigation/wall/proteshellga is up, his attacks are nothing to worry about. However, the second one part of the whole defence buckles someone bites the bullet and I don't have any more skills to use. When I think about using Shout I think I would end up in a similar position because I would make the beginning of the battle harder on myself.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh dear. That's why DeNA aren't dropping the price of an 11-pull.

Jesus christ. Fucking nope.

I wish I was rich.

You have to admit there's a slight amount of amusement/not-schadenfreude watching someone burn cash like that in a way most people can't. Sort of like streams of opening $1k worth of TCG packs.

assuming he/she can afford it, otherwise seek help

Falk

that puzzling face
That's fake and he hacked his gems, right...?

As far back as 2004 I used to work with a publisher for (mostly) F2P Korean MMOs. You haven't quite seen how much some small fraction of the world's population can spend on superficial entertainment.

Hardly the future, unless you're talking about it becoming more of a mainstream/global trend.

edit: To clarify, no, it wasn't gacha back then really. That's a much newer development. But holy cow the amount people spent on things like boosters and cosmetics.

Brandson

Finally had time to do Yunalesca, Braska and the Big Bridge rifts. Mastered them all first try. Attacked Kefka with mainly Saint Cross and soul breaks and he didn't counter at all. Only Auron and Cecil lived at the end of Braska but that was enough. Odin wasn't notable. On Golbez I forgot to hit the dragon with holy but still mastered. I am experimenting running Auron instead of Faris in my standard setup. Less debuffing but more damage so ultimates go down faster. Seems to work so far.

Jeez Cecil's bssb cracked u golbez for 9999x5 damage to kill him off. It's been months since I farmed bosses for drops but I might do so since these are not tough or long battles at one stam a chance. Rm farming can wait.

Edit: hope, easy but too tedious to farm for drops, back to fm farming to use pre event excess stam

MKAllDay

I am fairly new to this game. I can farm the highest difficulty of the dailies with ease (stamina issues aside). However, even with the ability to farm the highest level dailies, 5 star orbs seem very difficult to come by. How in the world am I supposed to get 10 Major Power Orbs for Full Break?!

MKAllDay

Have you completed the elite story dungeons with those orbs? Otherwise, lots of farming on Tuesdays and Thursday's and hope we get a real orbfest soon.

I have not. I was not aware some of the elite story dungeons had them as drops. I am steadily progressing through the story and then doing elite dungeons when they provide multiple stamina shards for a good stamina cost.

I have not. I was not aware some of the elite story dungeons had them as drops. I am steadily progressing through the story and then doing elite dungeons when they provide multiple stamina shards for a good stamina cost.

Several months ago major orbs began being awarded for competing and mastering elite dungeons. A bit after that they actually began dropping from bosses. I'd check your dungeons to see what orbs you can snag that way before working he dailies, since you'll be getting mythril and stam shards as well. But don't skip Sunday experience days until you have a solid team.

Anustart

Think im gonna buy 10 bucks worth of gems to spend on refresh of stamina to power through fdungeons for mythril. Really want 3 pulls on phase 3 or 4.

I like how buying 300 gems is more expensive then buying 3x 100 gems.

Pejo

Gold Member
Did the 100 gem and got Edge's katana for the 8x hit SB with slow/para. First glance at modifiers put it well below Locke's 8hit, but guaranteed slow is pretty nice. Couldn't find much info about it on the FFRK site. Anyone have experience on if it's worth it, buffed with Shout and enemy breakdowns?

Balphon

Single-target physical SSBs tend to have fairly similar potency values, so you should do fine with it. Edge's equipment options aren't great and he's stuck at 65 for the time being, but it'll still be effective.

Pejo

Gold Member
Single-target physical SSBs tend to have fairly similar potency values, so you should do fine with it. Edge's equipment options aren't great and he's stuck at 65 for the time being, but it'll still be effective.

Thanks, I was reading up on his available skills and equipment, and was a little underwhelmed. I did find that he can equip Hope's boomerang thing, which I got from the last banner, to make his ninja magic not totally suck. A nice option for if I need that sort of thing.

I was totally planning on just using Celes with her SSB in that slot, in my party, but then I found out she can't use Life siphon. Though I suppose it's not like Edge can either though.

Balphon

Sorry, for some reason I thought it was Edge's SSB on this banner. Since it's a normal SB it'll be weaker than an SSB like Indomitable Blade (~5x vs ~8x). Still, you should be able to get mileage out of it with the lightning damage and status procs. Edge's MC2 is just around the corner, too.

Anustart

Cant level my chars fast enough with the equipment coming in.

As a foolish move, i egged ramza in hopes the gods would see i need that sword. Now i got sabin to raise, auron needs to hit 80, vanille, yuna,.....eghhughh.

Razmos

I got my face beat in by Braska's Final Aeon this morning. Jecht Beam is doing around 5000 damage a hit with mitigation (no wall though), how does that work?

Razmos

It's magic damage, did you only bring physical mitigation?
I had shell and full break but I guess that isn't enough.

Tried again with wall and magic breakdown and did better. The worst part of the fight though is the goddamn lag, it's ridiculous. it makes actually using abilities difficult, even on the lowest speed. And it's frustrating as fuck to watch and completely kills my motivation to try again

Dragon Claw has a very high base attack and monk boostgas are great if you're not planning on using Shout. Sabin just got his MC2, too.

Flametongue is still, believe it or not, the strongest weapon in the game with RS. Has a nice + fire damage on it too.

So I actually got a good pull? Hmm.

Would Sabin be an okay replacement for magic heavy bosses over Red XIII, who has diamond pin?

I had shell and full break but I guess that isn't enough.

Tried again with wall and magic breakdown and did better. The worst part of the fight though is the goddamn lag, it's ridiculous. it makes actually using abilities difficult, even on the lowest speed. And it's frustrating as fuck to watch and completely kills my motivation to try again

Did you even equip any armor? Shell and Full Break brings the damage down to 3.4k against a 200 RES target. You're obviously exaggerating.

Anustart

If i had a way to mitigate golbezs magic damage more than just shell i feel like i could beat him. Got him about half dead, but them ice storms tear me up.

Balphon

So I actually got a good pull? Hmm.

Would Sabin be an okay replacement for magic heavy bosses over Red XIII, who has diamond pin?

Razor Gale has no haste component and Sabin can't equip support skills, so those two don't really overlap all.

That said, I personally very rarely use Shout for physical parties since the weaker boostgas are generally good enough and I have other sources of haste.

Finally, my Stoneskin II won't be held down by Level 65 (not that that matter much, but still).

Me too. Now I can start using Y'shtola more as a nuker than a healer. The difference between Yuna and Y'shtola dropping Holy bombs was significant. It doesn't matter much when she's casting Curaja, but the extra survivability will still be nice. Because I have so many good white mages and strong MND weapons, I'm actually hoping to get Yda's +30% MND soulbreak tonight (though, I'm still mostly puling for synergy reasons).

Falk

that puzzling face
Not for me, because I usually give my healers defensive accessories. Mine is usually Drunk Cecil, because he keeps stabbing himself whenever I use Sanguine Cross.

Oh, tangential but I always loaded her up with Diaga and a breakdown, heh.

Found that healer taking a 1 turn vacation to cast Wall ended up causing more trouble than it was worth.

(That and most of my uniques were white mage stuff - HotF, Deprotega, Planet Protector, Tellah's +ability rod)

Oh, tangential but I always loaded her up with Diaga and a breakdown, heh.

Found that healer taking a 1 turn vacation to cast Wall ended up causing more trouble than it was worth.

I find the same thing, which is why I prefer to bring a healing RW or Yuna/Arc as a Holy nuker who can drop a group Cura SB as backup (and soon Rosa, when she gets her MC2)... But I'm in a position where my hastega, boostga, and wall are already covered natively. It's also the reason I'd like to get a good party cure in a physical character, for those encounters where I can't fit a mage for whatever reason. I find it inefficient to use Y'shtola as a nuker though, because of her 15 level disadvantage. It's hard enough to cap Holy against U+ RES.

She's always closest to death in Ultimate fights with AOE.

Between wall/shellga/protectega/heavy regen/power&magic breakdown/auron SSB I rarely worry about anyone dying from low health usually it's from not getting wall 2 up fast enough. Lots of aoe is ideal for me stuff like neo bahamut nightmare where most of his attacks are solo I struggle with s/l till y'sholta gets hit enough.

Im getting close to downing golbez. Im gonna have to hold off on carbuncle until the drafon is dead to cast it though.

Have you tried Lure Magic and Reflect instead? Steiner and Agrias can self heal with Drain Strike. A Runic RW can mitigate as well, though it'll do less damage because Golbez always casts the same element that he's weak to, so reflecting those will up your DPS a noticeable amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom