• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAdept

Can you post a clearer/bigger picture (at least, on my mobile it's sooo small)? I need to blatantly copy your setup and finish this nightmare dungeon in time.
Thanks in advance.

Here you go. Should be a cleaner image without crazy compression. Tap on the image if it's too small on your phone to redirect you to the imgur link and zoom in. Just in case:

Tyro - R2 Water Veil/R3 Phantasm
Garnet - R4 Ramuh/R1 Alexander
Terra - R4 Ifrit/R1 Fat Chocobo
Rinoa - R4 Shiva/R3 Valefor
Eiko - R4 Curaja/R1 Shellga

Hl2GJkL.jpg

MrDaravon

How the fuck are people doing Yunalesca? Except maybe Dreamstage (?) all group heals cancel out Sap and I'm just taking too much damage. Am I missing something obvious, or should I bring a 2nd healer or something?

WarAdept

How the fuck are people doing Yunalesca? Except maybe Dreamstage (?) all group heals cancel out Sap and I'm just taking too much damage. Am I missing something obvious, or should I bring a 2nd healer or something?

Sap gets cancelled by Regen. So hold off using Medicas or any abilities with a Regen component added to it. Dreamstage is perfect for the fight though.

Also if you've managed to keep up with Nightmare Dungeons/Greens/Events, you should have:

Aurora Armlet - Major Holy Resist
Glow Curtain x2 - Mod Holy Resist. One from a VIII event, forgot which one. The other from trading Gysahl Greens to Fat Chcobo.
Yuna's Obi - Mod Holy Resist from Valentines Day.

c-murph

Did Yunalesca again this afternoon.

Had Yuffie, Zack, Yuna, Lightning and Ramza. Made short work of her this time. Just kept Yuffie and Zack loaded with Gauntlet and Air Strike. Stomped that bitch in place with Interruption and Instant Attacks. Yeah!

greyshark

If you find a group heal without a regen effect it will not cancel out sap. I have Selphies and Yshtolas if you need a RW for it.

I found the holy resist accessories super helpful - also I saved all my SSB casts for Phase 3 as you really need to finish that as soon as possible.

I just finished her without much issue.

I used: Locke (Valiant Strike) w/ Thief's Revenge & Lifesiphon, Squall (Blasting Zone) w/ Lifesiphon and Magic Break; Keeper (SG) w/ Shellga and Full Break; Yuna (HotF, unused) w/ Curaga and Silencega; and Agrias (Cleansing Strike) with Protectga and Drain Strike.

RW: Shout, RMs: Ace Striker/Battleforged on my SSB guys. Dr. Mog on Keeper. I forget what I had on Yuna and Agrias, but neither mattered.

Negligible damage throughout the entire fight.

Yunalesca is annoying because I have two MND weapons for FF10, except I can't use them because she absorbs Holy. Additionally, I can't field one of my best healers, Yuna, because her group Cura's regen effect cancels out Sap. My strategy for her is use Runic, Arc's group Cura/+50% RES, and making sure I activate Sazh's Boon as I transition into the weakest phase.

Looks like Sorceress Adel is the next bridge boss. She was an interesting fight the first time, so I'm looking forward to it again. Also plan on spending 50-100 Mythril on Banner 3 (hopefully just 50).

WarAdept

I'm not sure about this banner either. On one hand, 3 amazing medicas and Tyro's BSB/Shadow's SSB.

But I don't really need anything, as apart from 6, my synergy for those realms are quite good and I'll never use Perfect Grimoire due to having SG.

I don't think I even want native Shout anymore.

Just did a curiosity draw on this one. I got two Yuffie headbands... to add to the two I already had. I now have a 7* and a 5*. Not sure if angry or pleased, tbh.

I'm hoping this has got the "no SSB/BSSBs" luck out of the way now so I do well on Banner 4 and 5, my real targets.
Please god no 11 3*, save me

Cut it close against Adel because I didn't bring much mitigation, such that two of my folks were dead by the end (would've been three, but Arc had a clutch double Curaja). Still mastered anyway.

First pull was a dud, but second was good:

While I didn't get the grand prizes (Cecil/Tyro BSB), everything else I got was on my wishlist.

Instant-Cure: Wutai Headband
Group Cure on non-mage: Wutai Headband
Magic Blink: Crescent Wish
Dual Breakdown: Heroic Scarf, Flame Shield
Runic: Excalibur

All-in-all, a very good fest for me, especially compared to the last one. I should be able to get enough mythril before the Adult Rydia event to pull there, but beyond that I have no plans.

Czarcasm

Did an 11-pull, got nothing.

As much as I want Keeper's Tome, I'm saving my mythril for Platinum Sword and SG.
If I can get those, I won't really need to pull for physical relics for a good while (with the exception of pulling where synergy is lacking [Hello FF IV])

Yooooooooooooooooooooooo! CoT RNG showing me some love!
Tyro was already an A-Team mainstay after I got his Wall from the Lucky Draw. Now he ain't ever leaving (outside of Cid Missions, obv).

I wasn't sure if I should pull on this or not, but gave it a go anyways and got 2 of the 3 relics I wanted (Dreamstage being the last). The exact same thing happened with SG.

WarAdept

Ugh I need to re-evaluate Banners 4 and 5 again to see if I want to pull on 3. All I know is that I have quite a few of the items in them.

c-murph

Are you going to run a Tyro BSB roamer? If so, I would like your friend code. For whoever is interested, mine is GDeN for Stoneskin, but I have been considering changing it to Celes's Indomitable Blade if enough people want it.
I've been swapping around, unsure what to leave it on between Celes's SSB, Yuffie's Headband, Garnet's Divine Guardian, Basch's Apocalypse Shield and Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire. I suppose options for this BSB will be limited so I'll set it to that and leave it as such (unless someone asks otherwise).

eFya

Pulled Crescent Wish and 2x Keeper's Ribbon.

7/33 on this event
2 SSB
3 SB
2 duplicates.

Now do I replace Red XIII with Aerith as my realm warrior? Or perhaps replace Yuna with Aerith as my WHM since Aerith now has a Heal-All and a Stat-Boost and Yuna only has a Heal-All/Regen. Hmm.

Shadow's SSB was one of the three relics I was targeting in this banner. Shadow himself may not be all that versatile, but his SSB pumps out disgusting levels of DPS due to being insta-cast. Plus, it provides him with Physical Blink as a bonus.

Yunalesca is annoying because I have two MND weapons for FF10, except I can't use them because she absorbs Holy. Additionally, I can't field one of my best healers, Yuna, because her group Cura's regen effect cancels out Sap. My strategy for her is use Runic, Arc's group Cura/+50% RES, and making sure I activate Sazh's Boon as I transition into the weakest phase.

Looks like Sorceress Adel is the next bridge boss. She was an interesting fight the first time, so I'm looking forward to it again. Also plan on spending 50-100 Mythril on Banner 3 (hopefully just 50).

You can use Yuna's medica up to the 2nd form. As soon as form 3 hits and you get hit by hellbiter you can't use it anymore.

Also, I tend to prefer generic 5*s over shared SB 5*s, because they tend to have higher stats to "compensate" not having a SB most players won't use anyways.

WarAdept

Just had another look at the remaining BSB fest banners.

All I can say is I hope there's an Orbfest after this because I think I can get away without pulling.

Just had another look at the remaining BSB fest banners.

All I can say is I hope there's an Orbfest after this because I think I can get away without pulling.

I start to think the same, still haven't pulled yet. I am looking hard at some of the upcoming banners in the next 2 months, plus refreshing if Orb Fest shows up.

WarAdept

I start to think the same, still haven't pulled yet. I am looking hard at some of the upcoming banners in the next 2 months, plus refreshing if Orb Fest shows up.

Yeah some of these upcoming banners are really really good. Garnet 1 has great stuff for half the IX cast, Gabranth houses the completely OP Vaan BSB and stuff for Ashe/Basch and Gabranth himself.

Then there's the Gilgamesh banner. Holy shit at Banner 1. 2 BSB's and 4 SSB's.

Yeah some of these upcoming banners are really really good. Garnet 1 has great stuff for half the IX cast, Gabranth houses the completely OP Vaan BSB and stuff for Ashe/Basch and Gabranth himself.

Then there's the Gilgamesh banner. Holy shit at Banner 1. 2 BSB's and 4 SSB's.

Yup! For the near future I am looking at Rydia 1, Garnet 1 and Gabranth 1. Maybe one of the VIII banners too in hope of some help for Ifrit (and my synergy is low in that realm). However, I am missing native Shout and I would like it to be able to RW Tyro's BSB sometimes. I know that it's absolutely not necessary, though.

WarAdept

Yup! For the near future I am looking at Rydia 1, Garnet 1 and Gabranth 1. Maybe one of the VIII banners too in hope of some help for Ifrit (and my synergy is low in that realm). However, I am missing native Shout and I would like it to be able to RW Tyro's BSB sometimes. I know that it's absolutely not necessary, though.

The only "relevant" realm I desperately need synergy in is XIII. All I have is the freebies given. But the upcoming XIII banners are ehhhh....

VIII is a weird one for me. I have fairly decent synergy for it (3 swords, fist, 2 whips, Selphie's first stick), but I feel like I need something more for Fragment Ifrit/Cid Missions.

Like Red Scorpion. Plz DeNA.

EDIT: Ugh. Barely managed to "Cid Mission" Adel. Kinda makes me want to pull for Dreamstage. But for now, Adel is getting a beatdown with an OP team.

1GphaPS.jpg

Kain

Ugh Yunalesca again. I tried with a new team to change things up but she kicked my ass, so I got back to the team I used the other day. Mastered with full medals. Hail of stones is a god damn great Soul Break I have to say.

I'm not taking any chances with Adel, I'll use my top people. Fuck synergy.

Also the XIV music is ace, it kind of makes want to play the game lol

Balphon

Mage bows (I think there are like two at the moment) are rarer than throwing weapons, but it's an option.

I was planning on using ninja mage Yuffie for Bahamut SIN tomorrow since Phantasm is still my best source of sleep. See how it goes.

What would be the proper way to utilize a Tyro with both Wall and his Burst? Dr. Mog RM w/ Full Break (he's my Support unit) and Lifesiphon for Wall on Turn 1, FB Turn 2, LS spam -> BSB afterwards? Would I be able to utilize both or would I not get enough charge to refresh Wall before it expires?

MrDaravon

Yeah, maybe I'm messing up the timing or whatnot but having a hard time on the last phase on Yunalesca, ignoring her ridiculous speed I just have a hard time surviving as well as doing enough DPS, not really able to burst her down very well. Should probably mention that my FFX synergy is like non-existent; I've got the free (good) FFX dagger, Lullaby Rod, and Wakka's All-Rounder (?) and that's it lol. Not much in way of armor, have some +/++ stuff but no native 5*'s. Also don't have any of the FFX cast above 65 except Yuna who I'm already bringing along. I think I could focus more on mitigation and worse case bring a second healer, but I feel like I'm already just not doing a ton of damage to her in general. I'm still stuck on her in both the FFX event as well as the boss rush, but I obviously need to get the FFX one done today.

Does Y'shtola's Medica II overwrite Sap? I've never actually used it since I got Yuna's first and she's been stuck at 65 until this event, the description says it removes debuffs which I'm assuming Sap counts as?

Yeah, maybe I'm messing up the timing or whatnot but having a hard time on the last phase on Yunalesca, ignoring her ridiculous speed I just have a hard time surviving as well as doing enough DPS, not really able to burst her down very well. Should probably mention that my FFX synergy is like non-existent; I've got the free (good) FFX dagger, Lullaby Rod, and Wakka's All-Rounder (?) and that's it lol. Not much in way of armor, have some +/++ stuff but no native 5*'s. Also don't have any of the FFX cast above 65 except Yuna who I'm already bringing along. I think I could focus more on mitigation and worse case bring a second healer, but I feel like I'm already just not doing a ton of damage to her in general. I'm still stuck on her in both the FFX event as well as the boss rush, but I obviously need to get the FFX one done today.

Does Y'shtola's Medica II overwrite Sap? I've never actually used it since I got Yuna's first and she's been stuck at 65 until this event, the description says it removes debuffs which I'm assuming Sap counts as?

No only regen and heavy regen get rid of sap

Kain

If you are willing to take the risk keep regen during all fight and just before she transitions into phase 3 let her Hellbiter you. In fact, a couple of turns in phase 3 she can reapply Hellbiter again (it's scripted?). I know because I messed up and recast Divine Guardian AFTER she entered phase 3 and she helped me by reapplying sap just before casting Megadeath lol

c-murph

Murdered Braska's Final Aeon with Tyro's Keeper's Tome. Battle was so easy it didn't even feel like a U+ battle. I don't think he did more than 1100+ DMG at any given time. Hopefully, I can take down Bahamut SIN as easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom