• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#BoycottAssassinsCreed is a thing now, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Just saw this trend pop up on my twitter feed, and does anyone know what the hell this is about this time? All I'm getting is people ranting that Syndicate is somehow communist propaganda.

L33T

Banned
some communist dude is in it and he isn't portrayed as a villain

because assassins creed is always historically correct lol

to be honest though, it's just le grande memers spamming shit to try and start drama

or just be idiots lol

This is a good time to point out trending topics are local only to YOU. So it's the people you associate with that determine that.

Kade

Searched the hashtag, seems like Seth MacFarlane-tier try-hard edgelording taken to the extreme.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
no its not

just because somethings's on Twiter or social media, doesnt mean its a "thing"

people need to stop over-blowing shit.

it has positive portrayals of women and even a trans character. it's obviously corrupted by politically motivated skeleton influences.

L Thammy

Jesus christ the game has Ancient Aliens in it and people are up in arms about how history is portrayed?

Are you saying that ancient aliens aren't real? Isn't it on the history channel?

it has positive portrayals of women and even a trans character. it's obviously corrupted by politically motivated skeleton influences.

This is what I guessed the complaint was when I read the title.

Digging into it, it does seem to have a lot of traction, about 1 post a minute, which is more than fleeting trends.

So yeah,
Karl Marx
is in the game and isn't a super-villain, so people hate the game.

Yup.

Arttemis

I've seen this mentality since Brotherhood when Ubisoft went annual. It's almost my take on the franchise, with the clause of 'until it's $15 or less'.

Justinh

Quick, someone post that MW2 boycott steam group image, you know the one.

Man...don't nobody know what you be talking about!

Oh
cOdHkXM.jpg

I know in my heart I'm beaten.

Edit: my heart lies to me.
Also, this is too much silliness for me to handle, internet.

Twitter doesn't even auto-complete this when you try to enter it on search (the Star Wars one does show up). It's nothing but a failed attempt to troll.

Damn, wish I didn't click cause of the spoiler but anyway, I bet Ubi's happy about it.

Controversy creates cash, etc, and since it doesn't even feel like a real controversy, Ubi wins.

Man...don't nobody know what you be talking about!

Oh

I know in my heart I'm beaten.

Edit: my heart lies to me.
Also, this is too much silliness for me to handle, internet.

That picture is misused so much. Page 1 of 17, for starters, plus IIRC it was an open group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom