• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MOTO GP PSP : new images and online for 7 players

PSP is going to receive a lot of online titles this fall. One of them is MOTO GP which will inlcude an online mode for 7 players.

ME0000712910_2.jpg

ME0000712911_2.jpg

ME0000712914_2.jpg

ME0000712915_2.jpg

ME0000712908_2.jpg

ME0000712916_2.jpg

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Let's all hope the frame rate is solid. I was very much let down with what they gave us on the 360.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
DaCocoBrova said:
Let's all hope the frame rate is solid. I was very much let down with what they gave us on the 360.
I can't see the pictures...is this a Namco game or a Climax game?

The 360 version of Climax's game was crap. It barely looked better than the PC versions of the previous games *AND* had a jumpy framerate.

jarrod said:
No kidding... Tekken DR, Ridge Racers 2 and Ace Combat X are all offline but this gets online? :/

I wasn't kidding actually. I don't understand why the hell RR2 isn't online. The first one is my favourite PSP game so far and a bunchload of new tracks and online infrastructure gaming would make it pretty much the perfect PSP racer. I really don't know wtf people at Namco are thinking.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
dark10x said:
I can't see the pictures...is this a Namco game or a Climax game?

The 360 version of Climax's game was crap. It barely looked better than the PC versions of the previous games *AND* had a jumpy framerate.

Climax judging by the wheels being less angular than what Namco showed.

Edit: Namco.

ypo

"YAY FOR UNACHIEVABLE AA!! *does backflip*"

*Wonders why he never does backflips in Xbox360 threads*

ypo

Now that is just a lie considering how much you enjoy being fingered by Micros......ok sorry, that was off topic.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Sorry for bumping back the old thread, but I just checked this, and GTA:LCS on PSP indeed does have 2x FSAA!

Pimpbaa said:
It's more of a blur filter than 2x AA.
Nope, it's regular 2xFSAA, nothing blurry about it at all. I verified this by making several screenshots of game in action using the LCS cheat utility.

Here's a screen that shows this off nicely:

screen2.png

There's still visible aliasing, but if you open this in an image editing software, you can see that there's indeed AA going on there, with slanted edges having pixels of intermediate color in place.

Again, this is an in-game direct buffer capture.

Mmmkay

Near horizontal and near vertical edges are where the money's at when you want to determine the AA usage. That screenshot does very little given most edges are diagnoal. The taxi windows however show some nice unblended aliasing which says 0xAA to me.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Mmmkay said:
Near horizontal and near vertical edges are where the money's at when you want to determine the AA usage. That screenshot does very little given most edges are diagnoal. The taxi windows however show some nice unblended aliasing which says 0xAA to me.
Zoom the picture in photoshop. Taxi windows definitely have some AA going. It's not heavy duty or anything, but it is there.

Mmmkay

I'm not really convinced. Anti aliasing shouldn't be inconsistent and there is some inconsistent blurring (almost ghosting) going on. I just took a screenshot myself and well I think it's a little more conclusive on the matter:
gtalcsvc7.png

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Mmmkay said:
I'm not really convinced. Anti aliasing shouldn't be inconsistent and there is some inconsistent blurring (almost ghosting) going on. I just took a screenshot myself and well I think it's a little more conclusive on the matter:
If you zoom your screenshot you will see a lot of intermediate colored pixels on it too. Keep in mind, low amounts of AA won't eliminate aliasing, or get even close to eliminate it. Hell, even with 4xMSAA jaggies are still alive and well, and this here is more like some kind of 2xAA or 1.5xAA.

Mmmkay

Marconelly said:
If you zoom your screenshot you will see a lot of intermediate colored pixels on it too. Keep in mind, low amounts of AA won't eliminate aliasing, or get even close to eliminate it. Hell, even with 4xMSAA jaggies are still alive and well, and this here is more like some kind of 2xAA or 1.5xAA.
This is a sample pattern to show the effects of 2xAA along different angled edges:

Point out that type of blending occuring in those edges from my GTA screenshot.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
jarrod said:
No kidding... Tekken DR, Ridge Racers 2 and Ace Combat X are all offline but this gets online? :/
Can I hope for Namco to port Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 1&2 to the PSP with online play? :-(

Top Bottom