• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

omg scans! monkey ball wii, rayman wii, settlers ds, splinter cell da current gen

jarosh

i bought a random german nintendo print mag called n-zone. it sucks... but i think at least some of the pics are new. also, are those the first current gen pics of splinter cell da?

super monkey ball banana blitz

rayman raving rabbids

settlers ds

splinter cell double agent (current gen) ... lol

Amir0x

Banned
Rayman doesn't look too bad at least. Settlers DS seems like it might be fun, definitely on my watch list

123rl

Settlers on the DS?! OMG! I loved Settlers 2 on the PC

Rayman looks great too, and so does Monkey Ball. Maybe it's the scan quality to blame, but Splinter Cell looks pretty average

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Rayman is just going to be a bunch of mini-games, isnt it.

And SMB Wii looks like Kingdom Hearts.

MaestroRyan said:
settlers ds is pimp, rayman looks good tho i won't buy it because i hit puberty a while back

edit: actually i probably buy it and monkey ball when their price dropzors. rayman is pretty dope

wtf mate, I would let Rayman Raving Rabbids suck me off and I hit puberty 10 years ago. Wait, does that mean I am attracted to Rayman?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
can any germans translate the rightmost monkey pictures pretty please?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Rayman is a bunch of "trials." I'm going to trust Ancel on this one. I haven't been badly burned with him before, but I do miss the platforming focus. It looks great.

SC looks like total dumpage.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Rayman is a bunch of "trials." I'm going to trust Ancel on this one. I haven't been badly burned with him before, but I do miss the platforming focus. It looks great.

SC looks like total dumpage.

a lot of the trials are platforming focused, some even 2d I think.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
jarosh said:
you mean the one with the mini games? that's not the rightmost
sorry I meant the two rightmost in the middle scan of monkeyballses. The two that use the nunchuck.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
levious said:
a lot of the trials are platforming focused, some even 2d I think.

True, but rayman was always my favorite adventure-platformer. I hope it is the same.

Amir0x

Banned
StephaneC said:
yes it's just mini-games and it sux ...

I would wait a little longer before determing that's 'all' it is. It may be like, each level has a distinctive theme which has a certain unique gameplay element as opposed to something real simple and pop and go such as a mini-game.

But certainly, the direction for Rayman Wii isn't exactly stirring confidence. Ancel always gives me pause, though.

-Rogue5-

Rayman looks great!!! Splinter Cell DA looks worse than the current gen Xbox versions of PT and CT; what up with that?

Amir0x said:
I would wait a little longer before determing that's 'all' it is. It may be like, each level has a distinctive theme which has a certain unique gameplay element as opposed to something real simple and pop and go such as a mini-game.

But certainly, the direction for Rayman Wii isn't exactly stirring confidence. Ancel always gives me pause, though.

I beleast we need more impressions of play and less videos of rabbits in bathrooms to make a judgment.

jarosh

catfish said:
sorry I meant the two rightmost in the middle scan of monkeyballses. The two that use the nunchuck.
ufo game (up to 4 players - split screen):
you accelerate by moving or tilting both the remote and the nunchuck forward
you steer the ufo by moving the remote and the nunchuck sidewards

flag game (up to 4 players):
you're controlling two flags. red with the nunchuck, white with the remote. follow the commands. that's all.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Monkey Ball looking good.

Still need shots of advanced/expert levels though, and still need Monkey Target confirmation!

It's killing me!

AirBrian

Wait just a minute...you mean you get to kill fish with a trident, Poseidon-style? Oh SMBBB has just entered my watch list.

jarosh

AirBrian said:
Wait just a minute...you mean you get to kill fish with a trident, Poseidon-style? Oh SMBBB has just entered my watch list.
you're right. i didn't even realise it was a trident.

LOCK

Talk about awesome. Rayman is the pimp. SMB looks amazing, and Settlers OMFG.

SC sucks balls though.

I doubt that Rayman is just made up of minigames. Why would Ubisoft make a game entirely made from minigames tailor made for the Wiimote when its going to be ported to other consoles?

They are probably showing off the minigames part because they utilize the Wiimote in the most distinctive way.

The Wii games that get the most attention from the media will be the ones that prominently use the Wiimote the best way, so showing the minigames as an easy 'pick up and play' example of using the Wiimote would make sense.

Amir0x

Banned
broadwayrock said:
I doubt that Rayman is just made up of minigames. Why would Ubisoft make a game entirely made from minigames tailor made for the Wiimote when its going to be ported to other consoles?

They are probably showing off the minigames part because they utilize the Wiimote in the most distinctive way.

The Wii games that get the most attention from the media will be the ones that prominently use the Wiimote the best way, so showing the minigames as an easy 'pick up and play' example of using the Wiimote would make sense.

It's based from the way Ancel described the game, and the screens we've seen. Apparently the game revolves around a set of 'trials', with platforming de-emphasized (although apparently SOME platforming will still come in at points). So, this is why it seems this at least is a focus.

ant1532

Banned
Super Monkey Ball looks great.(especially that snow boss)
34739_rayman1_335lo.jpg

:lol

StephaneC

Amir0x said:

sure but it's really different than the last rayman title

Amir0x

Banned
StephaneC said:
sure but it's really different than the last rayman title

That is true. Like I said, I'm not confident in it but I'm giving Ancel the benefit of the doubt until it's out and we see exactly how it's set up. If it's just a string of mini-games, then yeah **** that game

Top Bottom