• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Vision Camera hands-on preview

adelante

Courtesy of Coola @xbox365.com

Xbox_Live_Vision_Camera_7_500.jpg

...Following the instructions listed, you then take a picture. Before doing so though, you are able to zoom in by selecting the magnifying glass button with the little plus sign next to it. Once you're ready and take a picture, the camera gives you a 3 second countdown and then it takes the shot. After that, it brings you back to the Send Message screen where you can then add an effect to your picture...

Xbox_Live_Vision_Camera_8_500.jpg

Cool. This thing is only going to be $79.99 and it comes with 1 year of Xbox Live Gold, plus 200 marketplace points, plus Uno. Not a bad deal.

wasting

Banned
[Update 1]: The Xbox 360 camera will work on your PC or Mac. You simply have to download a quick software upgrade and you're all set to go. Thanks to T7 for the question!

hopefully the same for the hd-dvd drive! :)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Craig Majaski said:
Cool. This thing is only going to be $79.99 and it comes with 1 year of Xbox Live Gold, plus 200 marketplace points, plus Uno. Not a bad deal.

It'll apparently come bundled with 'Totemball' for $40 also.

Ghost said:
Have they sorted out a dynamic penis blurring system yet?
God, I have some shady characters in my friends list on my MightyHedgehog account, too. Better deactivate that before I get a goatse surprise the next time I use it.

hadareud

The Translator
MadraptorMan said:
Oh, okay, well if it IS anywhere above say, $70, then I'm pretty much ruling it out. But the question still remains, what is it for?
well, allegedly there will be games that feature the motion capturing of the camera. Nothing specific is announced yet afaik.

I like the idea of having a video chat with my friends however. Oh, and putting my face on in-game characters could be neat as well.

I guess I'll get it if the price is right, if not - I'll wait till it comes down to like 40 quid or so.

I believe you're only going to be able to use custom photos for your 'friends' gamerpic. I don't think they are going to let you set your public gamerpic to one you took.

Proelite

I don't see much balls on my AIM or msn, so I don't see how this will turn out to be that bad. Most people are very reserved when it comes to things like posting their own body parts. Pictures of perfect gentalia would be common but that's fine.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Proelite said:
I don't see much balls on my AIM or msn, so I don't see how this will turn out to be that bad. Most people are very reserved when it comes to things like posting their own body parts. Pictures of perfect gentalia would be common but that's fine.

Spent any time on Myspace? or BlackPlanet?

Juice

Craig Majaski said:

Wow, I'd bite for that! Makes me glad I just bought a 3 month card and not a year =)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
gofreak said:
Hmm. I'll say it again since it seems the news may have been missed, but didn't MS talk about their first 'gesture game'/camera bundle at Gamefest? Totemball?

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10494

Like I said, $40 for that bundle. $70 won't be the entry point.
Nice to see this. Was hoping the camera would get used for more than gamerpics and video feeds. Totemball sounds somewhat interesting too and if the price for that package is only $40, then I'm definitely in.

Hopefully the PC thing is true, as that would definitely make it worth it...most decent webcams cost more than $40 anyway (assuming it is actually $40)

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
This is a error. I will not lend my nephews to play Online games until they're 14 atleast. Online games are fulfilled of nerds who bitches on everyone for no reason. Now, if they can rip images... ****, we all know where this is going, and I'm not a conservative person!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
cool, now I will get a visual representation of the "t-bagging" I take in halo 3.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
tanasten said:
This is a error. I will not lend my nephews to play Online games until they're 14 atleast. Online games are fulfilled of nerds who bitches on everyone for no reason. Now, if they can rip images... ****, we all know where this is going, and I'm not a conservative person!

Please make it 18, its the kids that are the worst offenders.

Bud said:
isn't this like the m$ eyetoy?

my work here is done

You don't even have to say it, everyone knows what it is. In fact its so obvious that the Sony camp just doesn't even call it out like the MS fanboys seem to do around every PS3 press release.

Gigglepoo

soul creator said:
Hopefully the PC thing is true, as that would definitely make it worth it...most decent webcams cost more than $40 anyway (assuming it is actually $40)

MS Vision and TotemBall - just $40 away

"The Xbox Live Vision camera is apparently set to ship alongside TotemBall in September, at a thus far unannounced pricing point - U.S. retailer GameStop currently has the camera listed for $39.99 with a September 19th release date, but neither of these specifics have been officially confirmed."

We'll have to hope GS isn't way off with their pricing a month before release.

Leo the 3rd

Lord of the Manberries
Look what I found on the local TRU shelf this morning for $39. And yeah on the packaging it says it's WinXP (SP2) compatible.

218557849_f6e908f586.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Leo the 3rd said:
Look what I found on the local TRU shelf this morning for $39. And yeah on the packaging it says it's WinXP (SP2) compatible.

218557849_f6e908f586.jpg

holy shit :lol

someone ****ed up - it's not supposed to be out till sometime next month iirc

september 19th actually! you got it more than 1 month early o_O

Top Bottom