• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: CD Projekt RED looking to release Cyberpunk 2077 in late 2016

http://www.gamereactor.de/News/2829...Cyberpunk+2077+nun+Ende+2016+veroffentlichen/
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/368313/CD+Projekt+Red+wants+to+publish+Cyberpunk+2077+late+2016/
CD Projekt Red wants to publish Cyberpunk 2077 at the end of 2016. This has been verified by a reliable source close to the Polish developer and Gamereactor Germany.

Officially there is still only talk regarding a PC release, but - and this is pure speculation on our part - it's likely that the game will be coming out on both PS4 and Xbox One.

The Witcher studio has been working on the sci-fi RPG based on the pen & paper universe of Mike Pondsmith since mid-2012, and with work on Wild Hunt coming to a close soon, expect development to pick up pace in the months ahead.

We reached out for CD Projekt for an official comment, but have yet to receive one.

God, I hope they can make the target. Wonder if they're going to release PS4/XBO versions in 2017 to make the 2016 deadline on PC?

Touch me like an ordinary man and have a look in my eyes if old.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I don't think I'm going to do that if this is old, OP. I don't think we are at that level right now.

Anyway, sounds good.

Oh fucking yes can't wait then, that being said if they need to delay it for extra polish like the witcher 3 then don't hesitate on it.

TedNindo

I`d possibly die from a stroke If this is a Cyberpunk RPG with anywhere near the production values of The Witcher.

I doubt they will stagger the launch after TW3 did so well releasing all at once, also it'll undoubtedly get delayed to 2017 like TW3 but thats ok, take your time CDPR, I know it will be awesome

I doubt they will stagger the launch after TW3 did so well releasing all at once, also it'll undoubtedly get delayed to 2017 like TW3 but thats ok, take your time CDPR, I know it will be awesome

Unlike Cyberpunk 2077, the Witcher 3 had next-gen consoles confirmed day one. CP2077 is still, as far as we know, PC exclusive

Zaru

Yeah this isn't happening in 2016. Polish polish needs to be applied generously for a few more months at least, worked out for Witcher 3.

Crzy1

Would be great to see it next year, but no way in hell is it only launching on PC first unless WBIE isn't involved at all and they're just self-publishing.

Lingitiz

Not doing a simultaneous launch on all platforms would be weird after TW3, although it would allow them to avoid performance issues like the PS4/XB1 versions of TW3 had.

Yeah it's not coming out before 2017, and that's perfectly fine. In my eyes, they're the best developer out there. Take your time and deliver a quality product.

Meaty

Take your time. I heard witcher 3 had a really bad crunch time. Game is amazing but didnt feel as polished in the late game. Gonna buy it day 1 for sure, just take your time.

Exentryk

Sounds way too early. They haven't shown anything for it. If the game was about to release within a year, there would be more promotion for it.

But if this means Witcher 4 going to production sooner, then all the better.

Jeremy

I can not wait for this fucking game. I haven't been truly excited about a game in a while but god damn but reiterating 'take your time'. I can wait, I still haven't finished Witcher 3.

Yeah, there's no way they're hitting a 2016 release. 2017 at the earliest, especially since late 2016 would mean they're going up against all the major game releases, and I'm not sure something based on such an obscure IP would do well, especially when Deus Ex: Mankind Divided would be on people's minds.

redhood56

Banned
I would be surprised if they can hit the target but if they can make it they way they want I would be happy. But I'm expecting 2017 or 2018 honestly

Elios83

Zero chance.
We'll be lucky if it's released in 2017.
They still have an other big Witcher 3 expansion to release and although probably pre-production is done in terms of creating a world and a story, actual development started not long ago.
I hope we can see the first footage next E3 though.

they may want to, but i seriously doubt that is going to happen. i guess if there are no snags in development, sure. but how often does that happen? i'll say spring 2017 at the earliest. i hope it is next year though!

Given that I haven't seen anything in almost 3 years I'm expected to be wowed whenever they show it off again. That being said I find 2016 hard to believe. But that's fine, since next year is stacked and frankly I'm so excited for the game that any glimpse of what it's become will be enough to tide me over for another year.

DOWN

Banned
Didn't they already estimate they wouldn't even show anything of Cyberpunk well into 2016 or even maybe 2017 because of how they got caught downgrading Witcher 3 and claiming otherwise? I doubt they are ready to release the game in under a year without a peep yet.

Top Bottom