• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: CD Projekt RED looking to release Cyberpunk 2077 in late 2016

UrbanRats

It's not a sudden change, and it's not the development studio itself who "goes bad". They'll still continue doing good work, but how much time do they get?

When you release a megaton seller like Witcher 3 the investors will demand more of that. GOG sales is still pretty much pennies compared to that money, they can't rely on it for many years to keep the investors happy. So it will add pressure to publish the games more quicker. Maybe not annually, but could be more often than every 4 years the Witcher games have been in development.

As long as it's clear that Witcher 3 sold what it sold because of quality (achieved through a lengthy development process) then it should be fine.
I mean think about the leeway that someone like R* games get, releasing games every other decade, when they could easily start shitting out a new GTA every other year.
And yes, R* Games is an outlier, but so is CDPR, i think.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I got wayyy too much to play in 2016 hyped for this game but they can wait until 2017/2018 to be honest

I get that we don't really know how far long the game is... But whats the possibility that they pull a fallout 4 and re introduce the game at e3, then just release it in a couple of months. I highly doubt they want to repeat the wait for the witcher 3. (ik someone is going to say but cyberpunk was announced in 2012. True but they haven't show a single thing or talked about any release window.)

The combat isn't really bad IMO.

It's just too simple and makes you rely on running in circles with the dodge mechanics when you are low hp.....

They just need better mechanics/more options in battles that aren't traps and bombs IMO.

Maybe a party system? I wouldn't mind that.

Karl Hawk

Banned
The combat isn't really bad IMO.

It's just too simple and makes you rely on running in circles with the dodge mechanics when you are low hp.....

They just need better mechanics/more options in battles that aren't traps and bombs IMO.

Maybe a party system? I wouldn't mind that.

You do realize that this thread is about Cyberpunk 2077, right?

And I highly doubt they'll make a party system for their upcoming RPG

I'd be very excited to get to play this, but to be honest, late 2016 seems a little bit early. Please, CD Projekt RED, take as much time as you need! With how incredible your games are, I wouldn't mind if it didn't come out until 2018 or even 2019!

T.E.D

Banned

giphy.gif

SomTervo

Looking at mid-2017, folks. That would place it slap-bang two years after The Witcher 3, too.

61 years ahead of schedule

They actually developed it in time for a 2077 release – the release date just happened to coincide with CDPR Corp. Global (est. 2031AD) developing its first time machine.

pablito

If it's truly finished and to their liking in 2016, bring it on. But I recall them saying they didn't even want to TALK about it until 2017.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm sticking to my 2018 expectations.

I would be happy with just a trailer with gameplay in 2016 and for them to go the same way they did with the first one but instead of saying "when it's ready" for the release date they need to say sooner than you would think but later than you hoped. I want this game to be as amazing as I think it would be, the whole aesthetic of the game is everything I love and that first trailer will always be one of my most remembered trailers of all time. They just need to take their time and I'm sure everything will be great

Top Bottom