• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: CD Projekt RED looking to release Cyberpunk 2077 in late 2016

El_Cinefilo

And I'm looking to convince my wife and Natalie Portman that a three way relationship would be best for all of us. Both have about the same chance of happening.

Also id be pretty amazed if this wasn't on consoles day and date considering how well Witcher 3 did.

16 or 17, I don't actually care that much. I just want this game on my face.

200_s.gif

Even 2017 seems inconceivable to me...I assumed that Cyberpunk never really entered full development before the Wild Hunt was released. From the way the studio head was talking about it a few months ago, I honestly thought it could 2018 / 19

Even 2017 seems inconceivable to me...I assumed that Cyberpunk never really entered full development before the Wild Hunt was released. From the way the studio head was talking about it a few months ago, I honestly thought it could 2018 / 19

My prediction as well. Late 18 / early 19.

To be honest, for a new IP RPG of its calibre (with CDPR alluding to the game being bigger than ever), then I'm banking on an 2018 release, just like how The Witcher 3 got delayed multiple times. I can envisage an announcement of early 2017, then a delay to the fall, then a delay to 2018, whether early or late.

I mean I know they have their engine set up and all, but if Witcher 3, the third entry in a franchise, took FOUR years to make, then a new IP (which at best started pre-production post Witcher 3), isn't going to be out until 2018 at the very least. Realistically, it'll probably be out by late 2018/early 2019.

That's good news.

I was expecting 2017 and then delayed to 2018 at best.

Now it's end of 2016 then delayed to early 2017.

(actually I hope it's 2017 because otherwise it releases like 5 months after Deus Ex. Have to ration my cyberpunk for the long periods of nothing)

I hope they keep to their plan and maintain a next-gen graphical ambition. After TW3... I do not think the whole "it should look similar to the cinematic trailer" thing is gonna happen on current gen consoles.

DesuNe

Why would you paint a target on your back CD Projekt? I can already see the rage from people as the inevitable delay is announced.

God, people in this thread are going to believe every bullshit they read, as long as it comes from "a source."

OP, there should be RUMOR in the thread title somewhere. It's completely in opposition to everything CDPR said in last few months.

As long as we get to see some gameplay in 2016 I'll be happy, I reckon it will blow minds. Until then I'll be looking forward to some more W3 dlc :)

thuGG_pl

Why would you paint a target on your back CD Projekt? I can already see the rage from people as the inevitable delay is announced.

CDPR said nothing about 2016 release. There is no date for now.
Only people enraged by this would be illiterate people.

artsi

OK, so they have already released 2 (their biggest and better ones) titles as a public company, why would they go bad now?

It's not a sudden change, and it's not the development studio itself who "goes bad". They'll still continue doing good work, but how much time do they get?

When you release a megaton seller like Witcher 3 the investors will demand more of that. GOG sales is still pretty much pennies compared to that money, they can't rely on it for many years to keep the investors happy. So it will add pressure to publish the games more quicker. Maybe not annually, but could be more often than every 4 years the Witcher games have been in development.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Late 2016 feels way early. I was expecting late 2017 at the earliest.

That said, the sooner the better AS LONG as they are 100% sure it's ready. Bring it on.

As for PC.. WHAT THE HELL? still only considering it? so chances of it being a console port if they do release for PC is likely.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter cause I'll buy it for either PS4/XB1 or PC. PC is just preferable I guess. I'll be getting the game no matter what.

jesu

Late 2016 feels way early. I was expecting late 2017 at the earliest.

That said, the sooner the better AS LONG as they are 100% sure it's ready. Bring it on.

As for PC.. WHAT THE HELL? still only considering it? so chances of it being a console port if they do release for PC is likely.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter cause I'll buy it for either PS4/XB1 or PC. PC is just preferable I guess. I'll be getting the game no matter what.

What part of the op is making people think the console versions are getting priority?

They haven't even been announced yet.Only the PC version has ever been mentioned.

Itachi87

With them wanting the game to be even bigger than the Witcher 3, I just don't see this happening. They do have a pattern of releasing games in May and I can't 't see it releasing until mid 2017 at the earliest. Don't rush it. Give us a quality game CDPR.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Take your time.. Just don't come at the end of the year saying "guys it's still 2016 release don't worry" and then delay it.

Speely

Banned
If a 2016 release was even being considered I would be extremely worried about the game. Luckily, I seriously doubt that's the case. I sure wouldn't mind some footage and info at that time, though.

This is my most anticipated game ever (I grew up playing Cyberpunk 2020,) and I need it to be amazing or else I will be facing a real existential crisis.

Diablos

I really wanted to see what this game is all about so far but all I seem to be able to get out of it is "Personal responsibility, personal responsibility, Personal responsibility, personal responsibility"

Makes me think Rand Paul will be a playable character.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
If it's truly done, sure...

but even then, I'd rather it ship in a better state than Witcher 3.

Top Bottom