• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: CD Projekt RED looking to release Cyberpunk 2077 in late 2016

Quirah

Its just a rumor I am pretty sure they told they are looking for 2017 in some of those interviews. Mods should change a title as a Rumor title.

Staf

I would really love to have this next fall, especially considering there is only Horizon which interests me at that time. But if 2017 means a more polished experience i'd prefer the wait.

I'd rather they take their time, polish it more and not put their devs through crunch hell again. As far as it makes sense financially of course.

But still, 2018.

It will be 2017, and that will be absolutely fine. Besides, with as huge as their games are shouldn't they be putting them out in multiple installments?

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
What?

TW3 sold way more on consoles than it did on PC, if I'm remembering correctly from those NPD and Euro sales threads.

It would make sense to delay the PC version.

No? If you combine xbox and ps4, yes but individually the PC version is at least on par with xbox one sales.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1102321

At that time PC sold almost ~ 2 millions of the total 6 millions copies.

No way this will release in a year, they said that they won't talk about it after finishing the last witcher addon and we haven't even seen an ingame screenshot.

Ludens

Banned
This makes no sense. Before Witcher 3 nobody on CDPR was working on Cyberpunk. After Witcher 3 the big part of the team moved on working on Cuberpunk, while another team was fixing Witcher 3 and working on the expansions.
So if really the game will be released in 2016, this means Cyberpunk will have a one year development cycle, 1 and half year at the best.
This means the game will turn out to be horrible and bug filled.
So I claim the news posted is not true.

Braag

I doubt it.
They might announce it for late 2016 but it will get delayed to Q1 or Q2 2017.
Also doubt it will release on PC first. They all ready released TW3 simultaneously on PC/PS4/XBO so they will most likely do the same with Cyberpunk.

Bl@de

Yeah, sure

Summer 2017

EDIT: And to be honest I doubt even that ... When I look at the scope of Witcher 3 (and taking into account that CP2077 is supposed to be even bigger) it feels more like Early 2018

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt it.
They might announce it for late 2016 but it will get delayed to Q1 or Q2 2017.
Also doubt it will release on PC first. They all ready released TW3 simultaneously on PC/PS4/XBO so they will most likely do the same with Cyberpunk.

Maybe the source got it mixed up with an actual gameplay/in-engine teaser with some information.

artsi

This makes no sense. Before Witcher 3 nobody on CDPR was working on Cyberpunk. After Witcher 3 the big part of the team moved on working on Cuberpunk, while another team was fixing Witcher 3 and working on the expansions.
So if really the game will be released in 2016, this means Cyberpunk will have a one year development cycle, 1 and half year at the best.

I guess such is the fate of a public company with shareholders to please.

This is how EA, Ubisoft etc. of today are born. They also were small and "good" in past.

Not really.

The game was announced in 2012. They announced it early, to attract and hire more developers, but still, the development started around that date.

Ludens

Banned
Not really.

The game was announced in 2012. They announced it early, to attract and hire more developers, but still, the development started around that date.

Are you sure, guys? Because I clearly remember a news saying the development didn't start at all yet.

http://gamerant.com/cd-projekt-red-cyberpunk-2077-153/

The team is divided right now. There’s a sizable team still working on [The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine], but an even more sizable team has actually been working on Cyberpunk for quite a while right now.

Maybe I'm wrong the there were people working on it before W3 release, but for sure the game isn't in development since 2012.

Also they promised to start releasing news (and probably gameplay videos) on 2017.

artsi

You always assume the worst when it comes to CDPR

Not really, they are talented developers and put out good games. They're one of my favourite devs, but unfortunately it's a fact that being public vs private adds a lot of pressure to the business, you just can't do anything you like and hold on releasing stuff forever anymore.

Derp

Didn't CDPR said they weren't even going to talk about the game until around 2017?

Still sticking by the late 2017 - mid 2018 release window until we see something convincing. But this already contradicts what they told us, so either this information is supposed to be old and CDPR realized it wasn't going to happen, or the opposite happened and they somehow pushed it forward 1-2 years.... Which is just no.

According to a Eurogamer article who visited CDPR a smal teams has been working on Cyberpunk when the Witcher was in development. It went into full production after the Witcher shipped.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
3Ml8ecw.gif

Yeah, this is not going to happen. Hell, I don't think it's going to be a current gen game, 2018 release date with Xbox Two version if we're lucky.

Rising_Hei

Well, i don't see how this is not possible, they can release a beta and then do 6 months of patches to finish the game.

Like they did with TW2 and TW3

Red Hood

Banned
image.png

Didn't they recently say it would even be 2017 until they'd discuss it again, let alone release it? It's getting delayed to 2017 at the earliest, no doubt.

m4st4

No way they can hit late 2016. 2017 if we're lucky (and I'm thinking yeah, CDPR delivered with Witcher 3 and managed to stay on my personal top this year)... 2018 if they decide to go even more ambitious than what we're used to with Geralt lately.

CDPR + Cyberpunk = Guaranteed Day 1.

This doesn't seem likely at all. They said just a few months ago that they weren't even going to start talking about the game until 2017.

Seems most on Gaf have their expectations in check for a more realistic 2017 release date.

OT but I just started the Witcher 3 and its such an exceptional gaming experience, I'm eagerly awaiting Cyberpunk seeing as I'm just realising how talented the CDPR team are.

Top Bottom