• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: CD Projekt RED looking to release Cyberpunk 2077 in late 2016

I prefer to be relased in 2017, no need to rush.

But im super excited to probably see the first trailers in 2016, thats for sure. Character creator, fire weapons combat, a modern city... I cant even think of how good this things are going to be done by them. Really excited about the character creator and what they will bring to the table, as this will be a first for them.

CD Projekt Red wants to publish Cyberpunk 2077 at the end of 2016. This has been verified by a reliable source close to the Polish developer and Gamereactor Germany.
Also if this is the same as the source who said all that CDPR where showing on the trailers of the witcher 3 were PR lies... lol

Joco

Whaaaattt. While I'd be thrilled to be playing Cyberpunk a year from now, I'd be shocked if it released earlier than 2017.

What happened to

CDPR not discussing Cyberpunk 2077 until 2017

?

Production going so well that they are moving the release date forward, even after accounting for Hofstadter's law?

2016? ... riiight.

misc-dendiFace.PNG

nero2082

if this news originated from polish source I would have believed it...guys here love to spill some meaty stuff waaaay too early

wrowa

That goes contrary to everything they've said so far regarding the project. There's no way in hell they release it next year when the Witcher 3 team has just now shifted to Cyberpunk.

I doubt it, but after TW3, CD Projekt can take however long they need. They're in the R*/Valve camp of "when it's done" in my book.

Besides, we're still getting another Witcher expansion in a few months to tide us over.

Zoibie

Given everything CDPR have said in recent months - about how much bigger this game is going to be than TW3, about how TW3 was only possible financially because it was also on consoles, about how they're devoting the next year to more Witcher 3 content - there's no way any part of this is true. Late 2017 at the very earliest, releasing on PC and consoles.

Darksol

Even if this game ending up sucking, the trailer introduced me to Archive, so I still feel as though I've won. Regardless, I'm very excited about this game :)

orochi91

God, I hope they can make the target. Wonder if they're going to release PS4/XBO versions in 2017 to make the 2016 deadline on PC?

What?

TW3 sold way more on consoles than it did on PC, if I'm remembering correctly from those NPD and Euro sales threads.

It would make sense to delay the PC version.

RK9039

It's going to happen, it's their personal responsibility
personal responsibility

anyone anything

Copper

I think they didn't anticipate Witcher 3 to do as well as it did which spurred them to push their agenda on CP 2077. Realistically It will be more like Q1-Q2 2017

noshten

Personally I think they just need to take however much time they need, perhaps it's because PC timed exclusivity might solve some of the issues they had when creating the console ports. Their devs are simply just getting used to optimizing games for consoles. The PC releases of Witcher 2 and 3 on PC was fine for me, I waited about a month after the game was released to get into it(even though I had pre-ordered on GoG 2 years ago) and definitely didn't have any issues at all. But a lot of people had widespread problems for months into patches on consoles.

Perhaps CD Projekt feels that they must do a reverse Rockstar and take their time porting the game to Consoles. I'm sure after the way they really gained mainstream recognition this year - people will in the end buying the game when it release it on consoles.

Of course it's entirely possible everything might be delayed but that's the way I view such rumors. I don't mind either way I'm a pretty patient person.

Top Bottom