• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: CD Projekt RED looking to release Cyberpunk 2077 in late 2016

2 teams? I coulda sworn they stopped work on Cyberpunk in order for TW3 to make it in 2015-then started back when finished.

damn I'd love to be wrong

Yeh but Cyberpunk was also announced before XB1 and PS4 were, they won't skip out on those version or delay them imo

The Witcher 3 was also announced prior to the PS4 and Xbox One as well.

Do you actually think CDprojekt is gonna release a game exclusive to pc after the witcher 3?

They are not going ignore consoles any more. TW3 sold extremely well on PS4.

...Obviously not? Literally already said in the OP I expect console versions

2 teams? I coulda sworn they stopped work on Cyberpunk in order for TW3 to make it in 2015-then started back when finished.

I think there has always been a small core team that continued working on Cyberpunk. With development of The Witcher 3 wrapping up more and more people got transferred to the Cyberpunk team.

Yeul

I guess 2017 will be my scifi year. I feel like Mass Effect: Andromeda is going to get pushed into 2017 and if this comes out earlier than 2017 I would be surprised. Good luck to them though, I really want to play it!

Shredderi

tumblr_inline_nbk8vpOUcT1ru2l86.gif

Yeah not a chance. Unless they're going for a significantly lower scope than Witcher 3 they won't propably get it out sooner than fall 2017. By then the game would have been in active, full production development for about a little over two years propably.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Ufbr5ejh.jpg

No seriously, I don't believe this. The wait for The Wild Hunt was loooong as heck, and having this just over a year after that is just unbelievable. CDPR would have to be performing black magic, seriously.

gnexus

If they manage to hit 2016, it'll be a Christmas miracle. I've been anticipating this title for a long time... so yeah, the earlier the better.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I can't imagine they'll hit late 2016, a year and a half after Wild Hunt, when it was all hands on deck for that one and portions of the team were busy with post-launch expansion packs. One of which is yet to release. I'm sure the game is in production, but a similar release timeframe as Wild Hunt (Q2 2017) seems more likely to me.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I hope they delay it until 2017. It's going to need more time in the oven than that. Don't rush it.

Dinda

I don't believe that, but it would be great....but will never happen....

God i hope this has a really good Character Creator.

And Mod tools from the beginning or not to long after launch.

Elixist

ill guess early 2017 even if its ready, cuz like others mentioned why would you want to drop a new ip in the fall against the juggernauts? i mean if your marketing is good it can work out, but it would just be easier and smarter imo to give yourself some room to grab an audience.

I can't imagine they'll hit late 2016, a year and a half after Wild Hunt, when it was all hands on deck for that one and portions of the team were busy with post-launch expansion packs. One of which is yet to release. I'm sure the game is in production, but a similar release timeframe as Wild Hunt (Q2 2017) seems more likely to me.

I expected 2018 so this is great news either way.

You said that as if it's even a question

I very clearly did not. My only statement posed as a question was whether or not they'd release the console versions in 2017 if they were aiming for 2016 - since the console versions haven't been announced yet.

Maybe Wine and Blood is being developed by another team in CD Projekt that they're overlooking?

injurai

Banned
wow that seems way more ambitious than I was expecting.

I guess most of TW3 final stretch of development was programmers polishing the game. So they probably had been consistently rolling off people for earlier phases of development for months. TW3 went gold in April and probably had a smaller team. So most of 2015 the TW3 team has probably been hard to work on 2077. Plus we know that they at some point at equal teams on each game, until they temporarily shifted some onto TW3 to help it out the door.

Plus a lot of the preproduction, art design, game planning and writing has been happening since 2012. So I can see it. I agree it does seem ambitious, but that's maybe just an illusion. Went gold in 2011 which is the time when they started 3, and 2077 was only announced in 2012. So 2016 might just be about right. (Though as people say in here Q1 2017)

Late 2017 then.

Can't trust an AAA game to not be delayed these days but I'll be patiently waiting for the GOTG. Take your time CDPR!

Panda Rin

at least it tells us that they're much further along than anticipated? I know it's been in development since 2012, but can't imagine there being much progress until the witcher 3 released.

Top Bottom