• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visceral's Star Wars game features classes, skills/progression, economy, boss fights

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
While a lot of this is kind of obvious given the modern game market, I thought some people would still be interested.

This is the one being helmed by Amy Hennig and Jade Raymond.

The game is also third person, but there's only so much room in the thread title and I think we covered this before.

To note, the capslock is theirs.

Visceral Games said:
Senior Systems Designer– Visceral Games

THE CHALLENGE AHEAD:
BRING YOUR SYSTEM GAME DESIGN SKILLS AND SAVVY AND YOUR LOVE OF STAR WARS TO VISCERAL GAMES, EMBRACING AND CONTRIBUTING TO THE PROJECT VISION IN AREAS OF HERO CONTROL/MECHANICS, AI BEHAVIORS, COMBAT/WEAPONS, CLASS DESIGN, SKILLS/PROGRESSION, ENEMY DESIGN, STORY AND BOSS ENCOUNTERS.

What you will do:
Partner with Visceral design leadership, design team, artists, code, audio, and animation to deliver design systems that capture the creative vision of the game.
Research subject matter relating to the design objective to ensure the authenticity of the experience.
Own design systems from conception to the final stages of polish, facilitating communication and coordinating departments to ensure the vision is clearly understood.
Be a positive influence on the entire team and as a designer, evangelize the ultimate promise to deliver “fun”.
Proactively seek out opportunities to identify and deal with issues before they arise.
Constantly self-critique and accept outside critique. The more feedback you receive, the more you can tailor your work towards what is best for the game.
Demonstrate a willingness to keep an open mind to coworker’s ideas, incorporating suggestions when applicable.
Participate in the research and development of new tools and design systems.
Contribute to establishing and enforcing consistent design practices, constraints, and metrics throughout projects.
Mentor other designers and lead by example.

Who you are:
You have solid experience in the games industry working as a systems designer, shipping at least two titles.
Experience working on 3rd person action/adventure games, demonstrating major contributions in the areas of hero control schemes, enemy design, navigation mechanics, and combat.
Experience working with a game engine and using scripting tools to assemble heroes, enemies, AI, and interactive objects by collecting and implementing animations, models, audio, and effects into one complete system.
Extensive understanding of the systems design process including motion models, weapons tuning and feel, enemy concept and design, tools/upgrades, economy, balance, testing, etc.
Experience in rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts.
Ability to pitch design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills.
A team-player who understands the importance of collaboration, and can communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments.
Source: https://career4.successfactors.com/...lertName=&_s.crb=7uN6QrzxyMsfLpo58WPkGQPFSPw=

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
How does one prove their "LOVE OF STAR WARS TO VISCERAL GAMES"?

18j120w1mds9kjpgl9r7k.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So this is a 2017 game right?
EA is signaling it's not in their next fiscal year (April 2016 - March 2017) by exclusion and repeated statements about how they won't be doing annual Star Wars games, so I would suspect it as a Fall 2017 title, or at earliest, May 2017.

Dawg

Plausibly, though they refer to it as a 3rd person action/adventure game, and to be quite honest, I'm not sure there's a huge distinction anymore.

Looking at a game like Shadow of Mordor, you can have skills/progression, boss fights and stuff but still be action/adventure. As you said, the difference between RPG and action/adventure is getting pretty small these days.

I guess the only real difference here is that you have classes as well, but eh.

JimiNutz

Banned
EA is signaling it's not in their next fiscal year (April 2016 - March 2017) by exclusion and repeated statements about how they won't be doing annual Star Wars games, so I would suspect it as a Fall 2017 title, or at earliest, May 2017.

Booooooo.
I was hoping for annual Star Wars games.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
A star wars style rpg in the mould of the elder scrolls/fallout would be my ultimate dream come true.

Failing that some sort of Deus Ex star wars

Both are fine

Its not Republic Commando 2 then.
There is no god.

Sounds like a Jedi Knight sequel. Guaranteed sales.

Except from me. /bitter

DOWN

Banned
I'm imagining this being the size of A few Dragon Age Inquisition hub regions (though far from the full size of that wilderness) and the gameplay being mostly action in the Arkham/Mass Effect depth level (less RPG, more action). Third person action game with light RPG and class elements.

Safe to assume this is using Frostbite?

Absolutely and amen.

CHC

I'm feeling it's going to be an action / adventure game in the vein of Assassin's Creed / Shadow of Mordor / Arkham / Mad Max, etc. EA explicitly does not have an IP that fills that niche (unlike RPGs, which they do with Dragon Age), and that's the way companies think.

Akai__

This makes me pretty damn excited. Just don't let the boss fights be terrible, because those seem like hard to nail these days.

Vinland

Banned
Whatever the game turns out to be I think they have one hell of a leader in Amy. And whatever people thing about dead space 3... The team she is leading have a lot of creative vision in their own right. I had no idea this was in the works and now my nerd thirst is real.

Personally I hope for a game based around
the origin of the vader worshipers in ep7
with the lead being a force sensitive bounty hunter.

theWB27

I'm feeling it's going to be an action / adventure game in the vein of Assassin's Creed / Shadow of Mordor / Arkham / Mad Max, etc. EA explicitly does not have an IP that fills that niche (unlike RPGs, which they do with Dragon Age), and that's the way companies think.

I think they recently came out and named assassin's creed as the style of game they don't have.

Top Bottom