• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES6 and FIFA 07 next-gen exclusives to Xbox 360 for one year - confirmed

Does anyone have a link to the press release? 'Cause the only place I can find that text is in the user comments section of that eurogamer article.

Jim

I believe they are only exclusive for the remainder of 2006. Neither EA nor Konami announced it as an exclusive whatsoever in their GC press releases for the games. Literally, the only bit that even mentions exclusivity is on Microsoft's press release.

Microsoft announced that the next generation of soccer will be available exclusively on the Xbox 360 console this year. With “FIFA 07” from Electronic Arts Inc. (EA) and “Pro Evolution Soccer 6” from Konami Digital Entertainment Inc., Xbox 360 will be the only place where gamers can enjoy next generation soccer this year.

In other words, the game was never actually scheduled for release on the PS3 in 06 anyway, therefore it is an exclusive by default.

Piper Az

wait, this year meaning the calendar year of 2006? That's like 4 months of exclusivity. Correct me if I'm wrong.

edit: nevermind. it's for next 12 months...

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
In other words, the game was never actually scheduled for release on the PS3 in 06 anyway, therefore it is an exclusive by default.

Eurogamer said that the guy said 12 months in the presentation, not just 'this year' so there is confusion over which is the correct statement.

Ajax

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
its Nozi .....

OK so can we agree that both games are certainly good for 360 but it's neither news or an MS accomplishment? Seriouly wouldn't you be annoyed if some ignorant went on the MGS4 thread and start yelling: "OMG PS3 EXCLUSIVE. MS HAS A PROBLEM NOW!" Wouldn't you correct him?

<nu>faust

<rant>can we ban the words "xbot" and "sonybot" please? these gazillions posts with "oohh xbots saying this" , "sonybots downplaying that" stuff reaalllyy unnecassary. if you disagree with someone you can just say x person is making a big deal of this news, or y person is downplaying that feature. labelling ppl with stupid names and turning threads into unnecassary systemwars pissing contests are not what we need around here </rant>

Ghost said:
Eurogamer said that the guy said 12 months in the presentation, not just 'this year' so there is confusion over which is the correct statement.

The European version only gets released every 12 months, so it probably is a year exclusive but the European version is a tweaked version of the Japanese Winning Eleven engine which gets released around April. So Pes 6 is tweaked version of WE 9 which was released April 2006, PES 6 comes out october 20th. WE 10 new version for PS3 (probably) out in Japan April, tweaked for release in Europe October.

Ajax said:
OK so can we agree that both games are certainly good for 360 but it's neither news or an MS accomplishment? Seriouly wouldn't you be annoyed if some ignorant went on the MGS4 thread and start yelling: "OMG PS3 EXCLUSIVE. MS HAS A PROBLEM NOW!" Wouldn't you correct him?

not 4 pages worth....

travisbickle said:
The European version only gets released every 12 months, so it probably is a year exclusive but the European version is a tweaked version of the Japanese Winning Eleven engine which gets released around April. So Pes 6 is tweaked version of WE 9 which was released April 2006, PES 6 comes out october 20th. WE 10 new version for PS3 (probably) out in Japan April, tweaked for release in Europe October.

wait so this isnt based off of WE10?

I enjoy WE10 way more than 9.

LevelNth

Banned
Jim said:
I believe they are only exclusive for the remainder of 2006. Neither EA nor Konami announced it as an exclusive whatsoever in their GC press releases for the games. Literally, the only bit that even mentions exclusivity is on Microsoft's press release.

This thread will be fun if it's all for naught, and the whole thing is nothing but some clever PR speak.

Jim

Whelp, as I said, it's official. Directly from the Senior EA PR which is specifically handling FIFA.

In regards to Microsoft's announcement of FIFA Soccer 07's next-gen exclusivity:
EA PR said:
"They mean for the remainder of the 2006 year and NOT the next 12 months."

thirty

Banned
the damage control in this thread is just aweful :lol "people will just buy the ps2 version and play it on ps3!" :lol wao. just....wao.

Luckyman

Banned
Jim said:
Whelp, as I said, it's official. Directly from EA PR which is specifically handling FIFA:

In regards to Microsoft's announceemnt of FIFA Soccer 07's next-gen exclusivity:

Poor MS..

rager

Banned
Jim said:
Whelp, as I said, it's official. Directly from the Senior EA PR which is specifically handling FIFA.

In regards to Microsoft's announcement of FIFA Soccer 07's next-gen exclusivity:
"They mean for the remainder of the 2006 year and NOT the next 12 months."

Just as I thought, this is HARDLY bad news for sony. :lol

Pimpwerx

I assume they don't have the PS3 versions ready in any way, shape or form. It's a good move by MS to lock it up for the year, though, and they should promote this fact. This could be beneficial his year in Europe with the system having one year under its belt now and some word of mouth, having the most popular sports franchise will really help a lot. PEACE.

EDIT: Missed Jim's edit. :(

Ajax

Banned
Jim said:

:lol That's even worse than I thought.

jett

D-Member
Jim said:

:lol :lol :lol

thirty said:
the damage control in this thread is just aweful :lol "people will just buy the ps2 version and play it on ps3!" :lol wao. just....wao.

nope, people will just buy the ps2 version and play it on their ps2

artist

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
Ps2 versions of 08 will probably kill the true next gen ps3 soccer games as well. Whats your point? might not be a huge blow to SONY but it is gonna effect the PS3 negatively for a bit.
Damage control bots am owned.

I'm not a soccer fan, PS3 is still on for me. :)

Nozi

Banned
If this was a play on words, it was extremely cunning because all the major news outlets have 12 month exclusivity reports all over the press.

I still wonder if Sony is going to launch with their football ip (World Tour Soccer) to cover until PES-Fifa PS3 versions arrive. It would make sense... WTS for launch, Fifa 07 and PES6 later, FIFA 08 and PES7 first day.

Yeah but it would be like Sony launching the PlayStation 3 here without a football game. Seems like a huge hole in the launch lineup to me :).

Nozi said:
If this was a play on words, it was extremely cunning because all the major news outlets have 12 month exclusivity reports all over the press.

considering you work for EA cant you just ask your boss or something?

Jim

Ok, well looks like EA US and EA UK were not on the same page, as I've just confirmed with the correct individuals that FIFA is indeed now a 12 month Xbox 360 next-gen exclusive.

You may now continue...

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
Jim said:
Ok, well looks like EA US and EA UK were not on the same page, as I've just confirmed with the correct individuals that FIFA is indeed now a 12 month Xbox 360 next-gen exclusive.

You may now continue...

This thread is like a

coaster.JPG

Nozi

Banned
Jim said:

You may now continue...

I figured as much. Too many trustworthy news sources were reporting the 12 month exclusivity for it to be hot air.

Jim said:

You may now continue...
that's what i've been saying all along, YEAH SFAGS OWNED

PLEASE DON'T CHANGE YOUR MIND AGAIN JIM, I HAVE DIGNITY

Jim said:

You may now continue...

is there any word official word on WE?

12 months? Is this for both titles?

This is pretty big, its like if PS2 didnt launch with Madden, but it showed up on DC instead

Also, is EA counting Wii as next gen?

:(

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Jim said:

You may now continue...

Will all of the kids that just posted :lol's return and take back their silly remarks? I doubt it...

Too many site were saying 12 months for it to be wrong...

Top Bottom