• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES6 and FIFA 07 next-gen exclusives to Xbox 360 for one year - confirmed

lachesis

Ryck said:
So when is Pes6 360 coming out in the Us?

I believe US version Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 will be released in January for all platforms, or so I hear.

X360 PES6 isn't just PS2 in ver in HD, I don't think... probably it will have some more additional moves, etc. However, I am aware that this version will be a definite stop-gap version, which the sole purpose of it is to bring up the library of character models and basic WE engine up and running so that they can milk, adjust, improve till the end of the time.

One thing that I'm excited though - that it supports 16:9 wide screen. I've been dying for it. :)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
sony fans make me feel warm inside

PES6 : HA HA HA it's just the PS2 version in HD
GT HD: OMFG ! ITS THE PS2 VERSION IN HD! AMAZING!

Ryck

lachesis said:
I believe US version Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 will be released in January for all platforms, or so I hear.

X360 PES6 isn't just PS2 in ver in HD, I don't think... probably it will have some more additional moves, etc. However, I am aware that this version will be a definite stop-gap version, which the sole purpose of it is to bring up the library of character models and basic WE engine up and running so that they can milk, adjust, improve till the end of the time.

One thing that I'm excited though - that it supports 16:9 wide screen. I've been dying for it. :)
Me too I guess what people don't realize is that if you play the ps2 version even on a ps3 you will still get borders ( because it's not a widescreen game) and crappy low rez textures upscalled to your desired rez. Any Pes fan with a 360 can tell you its no substitute for a real HD game desgined for Higher rez and 16:9 imaging.

I didn't want a whole new engine this year as I knew it would have to be built from the ground up and after seeing the growing pains Madden has gone through I didn't want Pes to go through that as well ( Imagine a pes with less features or no editor :O) obviously Konami knows what it is doing.

DCharlie

and how long is a new PES game engine going to take?

i _do_ want them to do something with the game , namely take 12 months off to totally overhawl everything. I don't expect a PS3 version at the start of next year to suddenly be this magic new game with super advanced physics, physics based animation, totally new game play, etc...

I know they make significant differences version to version (for people who play the games) but the base engine is still the same since.. christ... 3-4 years ago?

Anyways, Even if this really is nothing but a port up, then what we can hope for as X360 owners is that the online is lagless (and, in Japan, FREE and not 2000 yen+ a month!), that there is no slow down at corners, that the physical game has been fixed, and that the game now looks cleaner.

DCharlie said:
sony fans make me feel warm inside

I think you'll find it is nothing like the the whole GT HD thing.

Real PES fans like myself (who play the game every single day) aren't going to go and spend ~$500 on an X360 just because it has an HD version of a game that is coming to PS2 anyway.

Especially so for a game that has always been overshadowed graphically by FIFA and has never been about graphics. PES fans just don't care - it's gameplay >>>> graphics.

It's quite simple.

If there was NO PS2 version coming then this 'exclusivity' might mean something in terms of sales but as it stands it really is meaningless considering this particular target demographic.

Besides I've already been playing PES6 for the past few months as WE10 so there's even less reason to get excited about a graphically updated edition.

monkeymagic said:

Real PES fans like myself (who play the game every single day) aren't going to go and spend ~$500 on an X360 just because it has an HD version of a game that is coming to PS2 anyway.

Especially so for a game that has always been overshadowed graphically by FIFA and has never been about graphics. PES fans just don't care - it's gameplay >>>> graphics.

It's quite simple.

Besides I've already been playing PES6 for the past few months as WE10 so there's even less reason to do so.

so your gonna wait till PES 7 to buy your 360?

Ryck

monkeymagic said:

It's quite simple.

If there was NO PS2 version coming then this 'exclusivity' might mean something in terms of sales but as it stands it really is meaningless considering this particular target demographic.

Besides I've already been playing PES6 for the past few months as WE10 so there's even less reason to get excited about a graphically updated edition.
Im a real Pes fan and I play more a less everyday it is essentially my only must play game. And I picked up a 360 just for this game so I dunno. The thing is tho it wasn't about the gfx as much as the widescreen Hd compatibility, if the Ps2 version had atleast Widescreen 480p ( like fifa does) I wouldn't have gotten a 360 quite yet.

monkeymagic said:

It's quite simple.

So your saying no person who wants PES and also are interested in a next gen console will choose an XBOX 360 and will opt for the PS2 version instead.

Ryck said:
Im a real Pes fan and I play more a less everyday it is essentially my only must play game. And I picked up a 360 just for this game so I dunno. The thing is tho it wasn't about the gfx as much as the widescreen Hd compatibility, if the Ps2 version had atleast Widescreen 480p ( like fifa does) I wouldn't have gotten a 360 quite yet.

I hear ya on the widescreen.

But as I said I've been playing this game for the past 5 months and I'm not going to spend $500 just to get widescreen or HD with an unfamiliar controller when in less than 9 months PS3 PES7 will hit Japan.

Kabuki Waq said:
do you live in japan? or are you gonna import?

I always import WE.

It really is the only game I have a PS2 for.

KeithFranklin said:
So your saying no person who wants PES and also are interested in a next gen console will choose an XBOX 360 and will opt for the PS2 version instead.

Anyone who owns or is thinking about an X360 will of course pick up the X360 version.

The majority of PS2 owners in Europe won't get an X360 just for this game.

KeithFranklin said:

dont you get it.... a real PES fan will not by the superior version of PES!

Ryck

monkeymagic said:

But as I said I've been playing this game for the past 5 months and I'm not going to spend $500 just to get widescreen or HD with an unfamiliar controller when in less than 9 months PS3 PES7 will hit Japan.
I guess that's where we differ as far as "real pes fans" go I would sell my soul to satan to play it right now regardless of platform.

Also what are the odds that we can play pes7 on an American ps3 ? If its region free I could kiss a good 700 bucks goodbye.

Dunpeal

Banned
monkeymagic said:

I always import WE.

It really is the only game I have a PS2 for.

Anyone who owns or is thinking about an X360 will of course pick up the X360 version.

The majority of PS2 owners in Europe won't get an X360 just for this game.

Jesus christ, just say it.

Ryck

monkeymagic said:
Then you would have been playing WE10 like I have for the past 4-5 months instead of waiting for PES6.
Shit if I could play pes4 in HD WIDESCREEN I would...But alas Im but a lowley multiconsole owner in a thread of loyal to the bitter end fanboys.

monkeymagic said:
Then you would have been playing WE10 like I have for the past 4-5 months instead of waiting for PES6.

no you would be like me import WE10 4-5 months ago and then get the 360 version as well for all the improvements.

TRUE FAN:p

Kabuki Waq said:
no you would be like me import WE10 4-5 months ago and then get the 360 version as well for all the improvements.

You're getting an X360 just for PES6?

I thought you already owned one?

Guess you must be a true fan :lol

snatches

Kabuki Waq said:

TRUE FAN:p

Now that's hardcore bitch. What do you say to that Monkeymagic? No Sony no sale amirite?

oh LOL I was late.

DCharlie

still unconfirmed that it's -just- a HD version, but okay - point taken.

It's quite simple.

I consider myself a PES (Actually, a WE fan, but thats by the by) and the graphics in the game -do- irk me a little. Animation is great, but the game just looks pretty much as it did for the last X many iterations. And the slowdown really needs to go (although WE10 took care of most of that)

For those people looking to upgrade to a next gen machine, i think it would make a difference in exactly the same way this would have made a difference if it was PS3 exclusive for next gen.

.... so you don't want to pay $500 ($299/$399) , but when it hits the ps3, you'll be dropping $500 ($499/$599) to play it?

Ryck

monkeymagic said:

I thought you already owned one?

You just said that pes is the only reason you own a ps2... I don't understand your logic.

"I always import WE.

It really is the only game I have a PS2 for."

You did say that right?

Plus you'll be dropping another 600 to play an import version you may or may not be able to play on your Ps3 ( which I assume is the only reason for the ps3 purchase I mean besides flaming fanboyism)

Dunpeal

Banned
monkeymagic said:

Pro evo 6 on the 360 with the new graphics, and more touches isn't a reason to buy a console alone....but it is a reason to consider buying it, don't you get it? This is pretty simple, for any console, its how these things work.

I don't get what you are trying to say? Unless you are trying to say that PEs fans won't buy a new console until Pro Evo stops being made for the PS2....because its all about the gameplay right?

Jesus.

Oh and i'm a Pro Evo addict. I never import WE, because i don't understand Jap, and as far as i know PRo evo comes with fixed problems and fine tuned in comparison to WE.

DCharlie said:
For those people looking to upgrade to a next gen machine, i think it would make a difference in exactly the same way this would have made a difference if it was PS3 exclusive for next gen.

.... so you don't want to pay $500 ($299/$399) , but when it hits the ps3, you'll be dropping $500 ($499/$599) to play it?

yea as if the ps2 version of PES will dissapear when the ps3 comes out.

Snatches: i am not from europia.

DCharlie said:

Yep because:

- it won't render my previous versions redundant
- same controller
- *new* versions of PES always hit Japan first - which means PS3 versions first

Ryck said:
Plus you'll be dropping another 600 to play an import version you may or may not be able to play on your Ps3

Why wouldn't a Japanese copy of PES work on a Japanese PS3?

Explain.

DCharlie said:

Your (predictable) baiting would have a point if...
A) GT:HD was considered the next major installment of the series and...
B) The majority of this forum didnt crap on GT:HD to begin with (your beloved Sony fans included).

What a ridiculous thread. You really cant get a better example of the painfully transparent fanboyism on this forum (coming from both sides). One for the time capsule.

Ryck

monkeymagic said:
Yep because:

- it won't render my previous versions redundant
- same controller
- *new* versions of PES always hit Japan first - which means PS3 versions first
You wanna end this?? five simple words:

I am a sony bot.

In all seriousness who knows if we will even be able to play imports on the Ps3. Your logic is all based on assumption.

jimbo

Banned
Ryck said:
You just said that pes is the only reason you own a ps2... I don't understand your logic.

"I always import WE.

It really is the only game I have a PS2 for."

You did say that right?

monkeymagic OWNED hard :lol

Ryck said:
In all seriousness who knows if we will even be able to play imports on the Ps3. Your logic is all based on assumption.

Again why wouldn't Japanese games work on a Japanese PS3?

There is nothing to assume.

Ryck

monkeymagic said:
Again why wouldn't Japanese games work on a Japanese PS3?

There is nothing to assume.
So your going to pay $600 to play Pes7

OMG YOU MUST BE A REAL FAN OMG BBQ!!!!!!

also answer my earlier questions.

PPS: your still assuming that pes7 will be a new engine.

DCharlie

Your (predictable) baiting would have a point if...
A) GT:HD was considered the next major installment of the series and...
B) The majority of this forum didnt crap on GT:HD to begin with (your beloved Sony fans included).

What a ridiculous thread. You really cant get a better example of the painfully transparent fanboyism on this forum (coming from both sides). One for the time capsule.

I don't recalll GT:HD being badly received. Perhaps it's just my flagging memory.

and we also don't know for sure that it's NOT a major installment (obviously not a numbered new version, but rumour has it's actually getting a release)

Regardless , yes, it was a baited point, but it was in response to some truly mindnubbing reasoning from some posters. the fact that there are stupid arguments as to why this major installment of PES6 going to the X360 is somehow a total disaster for MS is mindblowing.

So PS3 is going to launch in Europe without a single football game? How could Sony allow this to happen?

... another disaster for MS no doubt!

snatches said:
oh yeah...canuck like me right? or am I wrong again....

you are right.

but anyways back to the matter at hand.

12 months of exclusive Hi def PES goodness can never be a bad thing. But you are not a true PES fan if you buy it.

Ajax

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
pfft dont you know? it wont effect sony in the least ......somehow.

No the truth is Sony is sweating now. No PS3 football games at launch? Doomed. Suddenly everything that was good about PS3 has been lost. And no PS2 versions are gonna save it. On the other hand 360 will flourish just like it did when the FIFA 06 exclusive was released. To sum up: PS3 is screwed. These news which we already knew months ago will change the industry.

Ryck

Ajax said:
No the truth is Sony is sweating now. No PS3 football games at launch? Doomed. Suddenly everything that was good about PS3 has been lost. And no PS2 versions are gonna save it. On the other hand 360 will flourish just like it did when FIFA 06 exclusive was released. To sum up: PS3 is screwed.
So to counter the xbots over reacting you are now just using sarcasm? You sly dog... ;)

snatches

Ajax said:
No the truth is Sony is sweating now. No PS3 football games at launch? Doomed. Suddenly everything that was good about PS3 has been lost. And no PS2 versions are gonna save it. On the other hand 360 will flourish just like it did when the FIFA 06 exclusive was released. To sum up: PS3 is screwed. These news which we already knew months ago will change the industry.

The point here Ajax is that nobody here is saying that. At all. It doesn't help them at all, and it surely helps MS. Nobody is saying Sony is going to lose Sonyla...I mean Europe this gen or being doomsday prophets. It's just the damage control is HILARIOUS.

Ajax said:
No the truth is Sony is sweating now. No PS3 football games at launch? Doomed. Suddenly everything that was good about PS3 has been lost. And no PS2 versions are gonna save it. On the other hand 360 will flourish just like it did when FIFA 06 exclusive was released. To sum up: PS3 is screwed.

cmon man dont cry. Launching in Europe with no Soccer game in sight wont hurt them at ALL.

Im sure all True PES fans will buy the second best version anyways.

Top Bottom