• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES6 and FIFA 07 next-gen exclusives to Xbox 360 for one year - confirmed

Nozi

Banned
Moderation Unlimited said:
Either way, I'm just going by the site. If Blim got it wrong, don't shoot the messenger. Regardless, those pr shots are total bullshot. You play from so far away you would never see that much detail, mind the 16x AA.

just messing with ya, I think lots of sites mis-reported that as the 360 version.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
meltpotato said:
O_O nothing looks great stretched... ever. especially at that scale.

Okay maybe great wasn't the best word - but considering I watch plenty of 4:3 TV stretched to 16:9 I am used to the "fat face syndrome". The only current gen game that I couldn't play on my TV was VF4. That just looked retarded stretched.

Ryck said:
You can't stretch an Hd image, you must be playing it on a lower rez.

And it doesn't look great... It looks ass and stretching it makes the players move to fast since the screen is being stretched horizontally and thats the same direction the players move.

I am currently playing We10 ps2 on my 27" Sony crt because it looked so bad on my Hdtv in my living room.

I really can't understand how you can think that looks great...

HD? We're talking WE9 and 10 - we both know they aren't in HD. I don't notice any difference in player movements when playing in 4:3. See above and substiture "fine" for "great". It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Dude... you had 20% of the screen cropped off!? No wonder I whipped ya in the WE league. j/k :D

LOL - nothing gets cropped off with the stretch!!!! Whatever happened to the WE leagues??

Ryck

Beatbox said:
HD? We're talking WE9 and 10 - we both know they aren't in HD. I don't notice any difference in player movements when playing in 4:3. See above and substiture "fine" for "great". It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
I was talking WE10 ps2 version being played on the ps3 which was what you originally quoted. He was saying that we10 ps2 ( upscalled on the ps3) would look just as good as pes6 on 360. Which it won't and then you made your comment about stretching it .... I said that you can't stretch an Hd source because you quoted my line about the black bars....whew

The movement is very different when stretched, if all you had done was play it in 4:3 for years and years and then suddenly played it stretched you would notice it right away trust me.

And finally what is "fine" for some, is crap for others....for reference see our current discussion.

Beatbox said:
LOL - nothing gets cropped off with the stretch!!!! Whatever happened to the WE leagues??

I was thinking of zoom for some reason... stretch still looks pretty fugly on my set though. :lol

Yeah man we need to get some games going again, footy startin' up again and all.

Beatbox

Ryck - I see what happened with the PS3 quote - my bad. I've had this TV for nearly 4 years now so it has been a while (WE6 maybe) since I've played steady on a 4:3 set.

It doesn't help that my secondary TV in this room is a 4:3 20" Flat CRT Toshiba that has the component inputs geomety completely ****ed thanks to me not writing down the service menu defaults. :lol I rarely use that for gaming.

Huka - let's make it happen. :D

Ryck

Beatbox said:
Ryck - I see what happened with the PS3 quote - my bad. I've had this TV for nearly 4 years now so it has been a while (WE6 maybe) since I've played steady on a 4:3 set.

It doesn't help that my secondary TV in this room is a 4:3 20" Flat CRT Toshiba that has the component inputs geomety completely ****ed thanks to me not writing down the service menu defaults. :lol I rarely use that for gaming.

Huka - let's make it happen. :D
Well Im sorry for bringing up the issues then ( I would rather it didn't bother me ). To be honest Id rather play it on my Hdtv but I just can't bear it... I even tried getting the Xbox one and playing it upscalled on my 360 I just can't do it.

HokieJoe

Nozi said:
1156348775.jpg

1156348263.jpg

Hey look, they have G.I. Joe muscles in their legs. :)

Beatbox

tahrikmili said:
Of all attempts at damage control in this thread, not a single one is more blatant a lie than this. :lol

Damage Control??? How do you figure? :lol It was mainly a response to a misread comment about playing with black bars on the side. Hell I didn't even mention a platform. Some people.

Beatbox said:
Damage Control??? How do you figure? :lol It was mainly a response to a misread comment about playing with black bars on the side. Hell I didn't even mention a platform. Some people.

It was in response to a comment about the PS2 version looking like crap on a widescreen TV, you didn't have to mention a platform. It was pretty obvious which system you were sticking your neck out for.

Regardless, it was the most retarded thingI heard today (granted, the day is very young and this is GAF..) PES4/5 on my XBOX look like SHIT on my HDTV.

Beatbox

tahrikmili said:
It was in response to a comment about the PS2 version looking like crap on a widescreen TV, you didn't have to mention a platform. It was pretty obvious which system you were sticking your neck out for.

Regardless, it was the most retarded thingI heard today (granted, the day is very young and this is GAF..) PES4/5 on my XBOX look like SHIT on my HDTV.

:lol I would invite you over to come play and see for yourself but I guess you're one of those people who claim all PS2 and Xbox games look like shit on an HDTV. I happen to be one who enjoys both platforms on my TV. I already stated my comments - if you chose to overlook my correction from "great" to "fine" then so be it. Anyways - back to topic.

thorns

Banned
The screenshots of Fifa 2007 look reasonable to me, minus the 16XAA, after all World cup 2006 doesn't look that much worse than that.. and trying to pass off Xbox shots as xbox 360 shots.. no..just no..
and some people in this thread really need to chill out with the damage control.. How quickly people forget that PES wasn't even on Xbox for a long time, and now it gets it as a next-gen exclusive and suddenly "it's no big deal"?

Socreges

Banned
If you're not familiar with the WE/PES series, this may seem like a significant gain, but it's actually completely circumstantial.

PES6 is WE10 which has already been released on PS2 in Japan. PES6 is very much an incremental advancement over WE9 or PES5. PES6 was never going to be for the PS3 since KCET is developing WE11 (PES7) for PS3 at this very moment.

Has this already been explained fully? I'm not about to read this thread...

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Socreges said:
If you're not familiar with the WE/PES series, this may seem like a significant gain, but it's actually completely circumstantial.

PES6 is WE10 which has already been released on PS2 in Japan. PES6 is very much an incremental advancement over WE9 or PES5. PES6 was never going to be for the PS3 since KCET is developing WE11 (PES7) for PS3 at this very moment.

Has this already been explained fully? I'm not about to read this thread...

Yes it has been explained, as has the fact that, coincidental or not, 360 will still have PES 12 months before PS3, and the manner in which the exclusivity came about is not really that important, unless you are trying to show Konami prefers 360, which no one (that ive noticed) is trying to do.

DCharlie

Banned
PES6 was never going to be for the PS3 since KCET is developing WE11 (PES7) for PS3 at this very moment.

is this confirmed?
i mean, that sounds like your suggesting a PS3 exclusive WE11 game coming out , with no Japanese X360 version.
If there is then a european X360 version, then that would be coincidental exclusivity as well... sort of...
;)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I should bookmark this thread just in case they release Fifa 2007a or something to get around the exclusivity. Not saying they will, but I've seen lots of examples where 'exclusive' doesn't end up meaning what you'd expect it to mean.

In this case I find it hard to beleive there will be no football game for PS3 from EA or Konami before September 2007

hadareud

The Translator
mrklaw said:
I should bookmark this thread just in case they release Fifa 2007a or something to get around the exclusivity. Not saying they will, but I've seen lots of examples where 'exclusive' doesn't end up meaning what you'd expect it to mean.

In this case I find it hard to beleive there will be no football game for PS3 from EA or Konami before September 2007
I'm quite sure there will be a champions league game or something

I don't know if it has been posted yet (but I guess it wasn't cause the topic still says "... for one year - confirmed"):
The person at Microsoft who is responsible for soccer in the German press release said that Fifa 07 and PES 6 are 'exclusive for X360 during the christmas season'. So it looks like from January 07 on we could see Fifa 07 and/or PES 6 on other consoles.

Frankfurter said:
I don't know if it has been posted yet (but I guess it wasn't cause the topic still says "... for one year - confirmed"):
The person at Microsoft who is responsible for soccer in the German press release said that Fifa 07 and PES 6 are 'exclusive for X360 during the christmas season'. So it looks like from January 07 on we could see Fifa 07 and/or PES 6 on other consoles.

its 12 months according to EA PR.

Kabuki Waq said:
its 12 months according to EA PR.

Do you have a link to that PR? Microsoft Germany probably knows next to nothing, but they should atleast know their own exclusives ;)

Btw. you can download the Microsoft PR from gamefront.de (at the end of the "GC: Pro Evolution Soccer 6 und FIFA 07 nicht für ein Jahr exklusiv" news, the big "Download" link right at the end).

Shinobi

hadareud said:
I'm quite sure there will be a champions league game or something

That makes some sense...particularly with Playstation being one of the CL's biggest sponsors.

B0006VSLCC.02._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1111171101_.jpg

Chances are that's what we'll see in Feburary or March. But it'll just be the Champions League only for the current season...no national teams, no domestic leagues. Could see it being a PS3 exclusive as well.

As for PE7/WE11/'08/whatever the **** it's called, I have a hard time believing that won't hit the 360 as well...there's no reason for it not to.

Ghost said:
Thats the same press release we had 8 pages ago.

Wouldn't it state sth. like "Fifa 07 and PES 6 are exclusive for X360" if that's actually the case? It really doesn't make sense to use "this year" if actually neither Wii nor PS3 will ever get one of these games.

Shinobi

If Sony releases World Tour '07 for PS3, would that be in breach of Microsoft's "next generation of soccer exclusivity" agreement? :lol

Socreges said:

Yeah publishers would never consider releasing a title for the PS3 that well although incremental would sell. Nope they would never do that.

RaijinFY

Frankfurter said:
Wouldn't it state sth. like "Fifa 07 and PES 6 are exclusive for X360" if that's actually the case? It really doesn't make sense to use "this year" if actually neither Wii nor PS3 will ever get one of these games.

To me It's perfectly clear, unless It's a typo but I doubt. this year = until the end of 2006 but not more...

read the thread you guys.

Jim Contacted EA and they confirmed it was 12 months. Gamespot and all the other sites say its 12 months. Apparently during the presentations they said 12 months.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
I just got a press-release from MS in Sweden..

STOCKHOLM – Thursday 24th August 2006 - With the announcements of FIFA 07 and Pro Evolution Soccer 6 at the Leipzig Games Convention as next-generation exclusives, the Xbox 360 video game system from Microsoft has become the only place football fans can enjoy next-generation versions of these titles for the coming twelve months.

“We’re very pleased to be bringing the next-generation edition of Pro Evolution Soccer 6 exclusively to Xbox 360 until late summer 2007,”said Hans-Joachim Amann, Head of European Product Management at Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “The power of Xbox 360 takes our critically-acclaimed franchise to new heights of realism, playability, and fun. We know true football fans will enjoy the new experiences that Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on Xbox 360 will offer.”

“FIFA 07 on Xbox 360 will be a must-have for football and gaming fans,” said Hugues Ricour, FIFA 07 producer, Electronic Arts. “The advanced capabilities of Xbox 360 and a completely new game engine mean that FIFA 07 reaches new heights of responsiveness, playability, graphical and game-play realism, and fun. Innovative online capabilities make the most of Xbox Live and bring even more realism to football fans. The only place gamers can enjoy the next-generation edition of FIFA 07 is on Xbox 360 – we love developing for this thing!”

Whether fans prefer FIFA 07 or Pro Evolution Soccer 6, they need look no further than Xbox 360 as these great titles won’t be available on any other next-gen platform.

Top Bottom