• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES6 and FIFA 07 next-gen exclusives to Xbox 360 for one year - confirmed

<nu>faust said:
which is the better selling series in europe, pro evo or fifa ?

Well in the UK at least, Fifa, although PES is getting closer. Chavs getting taste maybe.

btw, PES6 will sell more on the ps2 than the rest of the systems combined.

snatches

Ryck said:
Especially if you don't give a shit who wins what.

Exactly. The last time I played video game soccer it looked like this: :lol :lol

Nes-soccer.jpg

not that i have any faith in fifa at all but ...that game is an all new engine right? would ppl have more interest in the ps2 version of that too?

Faizal

Banned
Getting EA to make FIFA nextgen exclusive for one year in Europe is almost like getting them to make Madden nextgen exclusive for one year in the USA. I wonder how huge a moneyhat MS had to pay them?

hadareud

The Translator
MrPing1000 said:
Well in the UK at least, Fifa, although PES is getting closer. Chavs getting taste maybe.
it's not only chavs that are buying fifa though. Today I had a little chat with a 12 year old I know (my bosses son, I'm no paedo might I add :D ). After showing him footage of Pro Evo and some FIFA 07 screenshots he said "I prefer graphics over gameplay if you know what I mean", he's gonna get FIFA.

UK won't be an easy ground for the wii I think.

X26

Banned
Ugh, people are really overstating how much of an impact this will have. I guess the lack of negative sony news lately is resulting in the release of some pent-up trolling

Ryck

snatches said:
Exactly. The last time I played video game soccer it looked like this: :lol :lol

Nes-soccer.jpg
NONO I play tons of Pes/We I meant I have no loyalty to any console maker.

X26 said:
Ugh, people are really overstating how much of an impact this will have. I guess the lack of negative sony news lately is resulting in the release of some pent-up trolling
The damage control completely contridicts this statement... However we on Gaf represent a very small fraction of the market that Sony and Ms are fighting for so who knows.

In all honesty I doubt it will make a difference in the long term, however I do think Sony is making a lot of mistakes and this does not help perception.

DCharlie said:
and we also don't know for sure that it's NOT a major installment

Agreed, you're the one that attempted to conflate GT:HD with this version of PES though. :)

DCharlie said:
Regardless , yes, it was a baited point, but it was in response to some truly mindnubbing reasoning from some posters. the fact that there are stupid arguments as to why this major installment of PES6 going to the X360 is somehow a total disaster for MS is mindblowing.

Skimming through this drek makes it pretty apparent the "mindnubbing reasoning" is flying back and forth at a pretty even pace DCharlie. I just dont get the need to add to the tit for tat bullshit in the name of some silly perception of "balance". The more this nonsense is ignored instead of "one-upped" the better off the forum will be.

Faizal

Banned

But if the news was the other way around with Sony getting the exclusives, won't everyone be saying X360 is d00m3d in Europe and everything?

X26

Banned
Faizal said:
But if the news was the other way around with Sony getting the exclusives, won't everyone be saying X360 is teh d00med in Europe and everything?

Of course. Fanboys are idiots

Faizal said:
But if the news was the other way around with Sony getting the exclusives, won't everyone be saying X360 is d00m3d in Europe and everything?

OMFG snubbed by EA! Dreamcast2 amirite?!

honestly, this is bad news... no sports games should be exclusive. furthermore, i'd love to see online play across consoles on sports games. not gonna happen but whatever. Soccer games are pretty much the only sports games i will ever play.

golem

to me it seems like sports games dont necessarily sell consoles, people will just buy the game for whichever console they happen to own. of course this month's npd could prove me totally wrong.

<nu>faust

MrPing1000 said:

yeah that's what i thought too, i know that worldwide fifa usually sells more than pro evo / winning eleven but i was not sure about the euro zone data. also pe might be true gamers' choice when it comes to footy sims but from a strictly business standpoint i'd say the real next gen fifa exclusivity is the bigger deal here.

----

Banned
Microsoft definitely made the right move by launching first with the Xbox 360. It's the main reason they are getting stuff like PES, FIFA, Smackdown, Madden, Fight Night, GTA4, RE5, etc. so early. Developer support has definitely shifted a tad more towards Microsoft this generation.

Sony may have taken a little too long to get PS3 out the door. Next-gen Fight Night debuted at Sony's E3 conference, but it premiered on Xbox 360 and sold really well. I wonder how Sony felt about using their E3 spotlight in 2005 to help an Xbox 360 game sell. Getting any EA game exclusive let alone FIFA is impressive, but Smackdown and PES have somehow migrated from being exclusive to Sony's console to now Microsoft's console. And if Dead Rising and Lost Planet end up becoming big hits for Capcom while Sony is still getting PS3 off the ground we could see the Xbox 360 become Capcom's main platform.

Ajax

Banned
Ryck said:
The damage control completely contridicts this statement... However we on Gaf represent a very small fraction of the market that Sony and Ms are fighting for so who knows.

In all honesty I doubt it will make a difference in the long term, however I do think Sony is making a lot of mistakes and this does not help perception.

You don't get it do you? It's not damage control. It's frustration for the fact that you just don't get it over and over again. You actually don't wanna get it. We already knew all this and noone gave a crap because we knew it'll be too late for a PS3 version of these games. And then a stupid PR comes and all the xbots think it's MS's accomplishment or something.

---- said:
...PES have somehow migrated from being exclusive to Sony's console to now Microsoft's console.

PES/WE was already on Xbox.

---- said:
And if Dead Rising and Lost Planet end up becoming big hits for Capcom while Sony is still getting PS3 off the ground we could see the Xbox 360 become Capcom's main platform.

Your jump to conclusions mat needs to be machine washed.

bigNman

If these games were coming out AFTER the PS3 it would be a huge deal, but as they are out a few months before the PS3 i dont think it means that much.

DCharlie said:
the fact that there are stupid arguments as to why this major installment of PES6 going to the X360 is somehow a total disaster for MS is mindblowing.

No one said it was bad for MS just that the XDF got it into their heads that somehow this is a system seller in Europe.

It won't be.

FIFA 06 'exclusive next gen version' (a series whose only merits are graphics) certainly wasn't.

bigNman said:
If these games were coming out AFTER the PS3 it would be a huge deal, but as they are out a few months before the PS3 i dont think it means that much.

uh... don't they come out almost exactly a month before the PS3? But you are right, its just like how X360 didn't get Madden last year... OH WAIT. seriously, stop all the pathetic damage control.

RaijinFY

meltpotato said:
uh... don't they come out almost exactly a month before the PS3? But you are right, its just like how X360 didn't get Madden last year... OH WAIT. seriously, stop all the pathetic damage control.

bigNman doing damage control? (maybe i'm wrong though...)

Ryck

Ajax said:
You don't get it do you? It's not damage control. It's frustration for the fact that you just don't get it over and over again. You actually don't wanna get it. We already knew all this and noone gave a crap because we knew it'll be too late for a PS3 version of these games. And then a stupid PR comes and all the xbots think it's MS's accomplishment or something.
I know WE already knew that which is why I stated WE are a small fraction of the market. Believe it or not most people don't spend all day arguing about stupid video game systems on message boards. I know the it got blown out of porportion but your comments in "frustration" are in no way better.

Also you must have missed the thread where the sony bots insisted they would get a version of Winning Eleven in the spring. It actually got bumped just recently it's prolly on one of the first 2 pages.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
FIFA 06 'exclusive next gen version' (a series whose only merits are graphics) certainly wasn't.

i don't want this to now evolve into Fifa vs PES, but the World Cup version of Fifa 06 was a decent soccer game. The Road to World Cup was a disgrace.

And lets not talk about PES PSP vs Fifa PSP as that really could end in tears for PES fans.

It's frustration for the fact that you just don't get it over and over again. You actually don't wanna get it. We already knew all this and noone gave a crap because we knew it'll be too late for a PS3 version of these games.

hold on - WHY exactly is it too late for there to be a PS3 version of these games?
Dev kits in some form or other have been around for about 2 years ago, some people (Izzy) said they'd PLAYED the PS3 version of Fifa TWO years ago, and the initial final kits have been with firms since december last year, with full final kits sent out anywhere from march to June. You'd think EA and Konami would be high on that list for a final kit - so can someone explain why it's too late for a PS3 version? Also, weren't EA saying that they'd have the most launch support of any system for the PS3 - something like 14 games or something ages back?

Kabuki Waq said:
you knew you werent going to get a soccer game for atleast 10 months AFTER the ps3 launch?

March 2007 is 10 months after PS3 launch?

My maths tells me 4-5 months.

Of course WE10/PES6 should work nicely on PS3 too :D

Ryck

Kabuki Waq said:
you knew you werent going to get a soccer game for atleast 10 months AFTER the ps3 launch?

really?

I can't speak for Ajax but I knew that Ps3 would not be getting a version of Pes6 this fall. I assumed much like everyone else in the Pes forums that Ps3 would get one eventually. No one knew about the 1 year exclusivity.

Ryck

monkeymagic said:
Of course WE10/PES6 should work nicely on PS3 too :D
No it won't We10 is not in widescreen , nor is it high rez. If you have an Hdtv it will still look shitty and have black borders on each side of the screen. If you don't have an Hdtv might as well just keep playing it on Ps2.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The thread was nice and quiet, until they came up with new things to hate on...

If you think this isn't a big deal, good for you... we don't need to hear it from you - better yet, we don't need to hear it from all of you over and over again at the same time...

Ryck

monkeymagic said:
Most of Europe then :lol
Again I don't care about europe or sales or any of that bullshit. That was never what I was discussing with you at all. Secondly I will more than likely get a Ps3 at launch so direct your fanboy crap elsewhere.

Next gen should = more realistic looking graphics.

That FIFA screenshot looks like plastic models running around. It's not a good direction.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Ryck said:
No it won't We10 is not in widescreen , nor is it high rez. If you have an Hdtv it will still look shitty and have black borders on each side of the screen. If you don't have an Hdtv might as well just keep playing it on Ps2.

I have a 57" HDTV and both WE9 and WE10 look great stretched to 16:9.

Ryck

Beatbox said:
I have a 57" HDTV and both WE9 and WE10 look great stretched to 16:9.

You can't stretch an Hd image, you must be playing it on a lower rez.

And it doesn't look great... It looks ass and stretching it makes the players move to fast since the screen is being stretched horizontally and thats the same direction the players move.

I am currently playing We10 ps2 on my 27" Sony crt because it looked so bad on my Hdtv in my living room.

I really can't understand how you can think that looks great...

Nozi

Banned
Moderation Unlimited said:
Holy bullshot, batman!
Doing your job quite well, Arne!

That's more like it:

Still pretty decent in motion.

Erm, that's the Xbox version pal. Good try though. :lol

rastex

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Next gen should = more realistic looking graphics.

Ugh, no. Games are creative, don't make them all look the same (even if they mimicked real life EXACTLY) that'd just be boring and a waste of the medium. I really hate this sentiment.

Either way, I'm just going by the site. If Blim got it wrong, don't shoot the messenger. Regardless, those pr shots are total bullshot. You play from so far away you would never see that much detail, mind the 16x AA.

Top Bottom