• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES6 and FIFA 07 next-gen exclusives to Xbox 360 for one year - confirmed

Jim

Hah... well North American EA PR was apparently clueless about this agreement until, oh, 15 minutes ago. I think Microsoft is literally straightening them out right about now.

I'm just the messenger caught bewteen 2 groups of PR reps about a sport I really have no interest in :lol

lachesis

I don't know what to go ga-ga about this.

I mean. Let's face it. PS3, coming out this November, and right now they are converting PS2 ver of PES6 to 360 with higher resolution, new player models, etc. I'd say PES6 on 360 is just a stop gap, where they can start "building" the library of all kinds of stuff - rather than focusing on the next-gen engine and all.

In a sense, it's just a time buying tactic for Konami and EA to have their stuff ready to go before going into 2 separate next-gen projects. Only thing that MS has good thing going is that people might think both series will be excusive for good on 360.

I'm fully expecting half-assed version of this game on 360. If it's a world=coded game, I'll import in a snap - but if not... I'll just live with current WE10 on PS2 till next installment of WE comes out in Japan for PS2.

lachesis

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
If only Doom Bringer was a crazy soccer fan. this could have been thread of the decade.

*Notice how this thread suddenly screeched to a halt?

jjasper

One question I have is that since EA US had no idea what was going on, is it possible that there was a PS3 version of FIFA in development that has just been stopped?

Kolgar

So FIFA's exclusive to 360 for 12 months in Europe. And the game will be running on the new engine that EA says is their "most significant technology investment" ever? I forget the exact wording on the press release posted earlier in the thread.

Is this correct? That'd be a nice next-gen coup for MS.

jjasper said:
One question I have is that since EA US had no idea what was going on, is it possible that there was a PS3 version of FIFA in development that has just been stopped?

I think so. If EA wants to get 5 titles for the Wii launch, you know they wanetd as many titles as possible for the PS3 launch. Sports are always the easiest. Thats not to say the PS3 version would be any good, but I think it was planned.

snatches

Ghost said:
Isnt it MUCH more likely that the PR department is just shit?

^^^^^^

c'mon people. companies like ea don't spend time developing a title then cancel it already in development. especially a title like fifa. this is just bad pr communication.

snatches

Luckyman said:
So, when will the real next-gen PES/WE come? Already April in Japan?

trolling.jpg

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Because this is a genre I don't play I don't know which side to cheer for here... GAF Help me!!!

meltpotato said:
is there any word official word on WE?

*SIGH*

AFAIK there's no such thing as WE left. The two games have now been joined and the name of the game released for 2007 will be Pro Evolution Soccer: Winning Eleven 2007, it will be the same game all over the world.

RiotPelaaja said:
Couple of digiphotos of Spanish and Chech players faces from PES6 Xbox 360. Odd, but, yes, for some of us PES fans this is very important.

Images here.

A lot of these are 4:3 and from the PS2 version as evidenced by the Press Square Button etc. prompts.

As many others have stated, Sony still has their own soccer game for next gen, and they have versions of FIFA and PES on PS2 + PSP. I don't think anyone at SCE is losing sleep over these 360 "exclusives".
believe

jjasper said:

more likely reason is MS is finally wising up to the ways of keeping a secret in this industry. Probably if EA US had known this news would have been leaked ages ago.

thekad

Banned
Xbox 360 is the only console you'll be able to play Gears of War, GTA4, Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, PES6, and FIFA 07...

So Fifa07 is not coming to PS3. What about PES6 then? Will PS3 get a version soon next year?

I'm also still interested in WE10 getting a X360 release in Japan...

Winning Eleven 10 (Japan)
-PS2. Already released
-NDS. This year

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (Europe/NA)
-PS2/X360/PC
-NDS/PSP

Seems PSP is not getting WE10 either?

snatches said:

That's the truth, if PES6 360 is the true "next gen" version of PES then a lot of people are going to be a hella disappointed. I don't know how many people actually play PES on this site as it is predominantely American but noone I know would be impressed with what we've seen of PES6 today.

Mrbob

Good move for MS for the European market. Even if it is a year. MS should have went for Madden exclusitivity for 07 on 360. But with EA's deal with the NFL I bet the wouldn't allow this to happen.

Now, considering this will be the 3rd freaking Fifa on 360 in one year, EA better pull out all the stops.

RaijinFY

Mrbob said:
Good move for MS for the European market. Even if it is a year. MS should have went for Madden exclusitivity for 07 on 360. But with EA's deal with the NFL I bet the wouldn't allow this to happen.

Now, considering this will be the 3rd freaking Fifa on 360 in one year, EA better put out all the stops.

Funny enough those two ones didnt move much more machines...

Mrbob

travisbickle said:
That's the truth, if PES6 360 is the true "next gen" version of PES then a lot of people are going to be a hella disappointed. I don't know how many people actually play PES on this site as it is predominantely American but noone I know would be impressed with what we've seen of PES6 today.

Well, that is true. This is sort of a gamble for MS in a way. If people see PES6 on 360 and see it is a PS2 port, then it may actually hurt the system. People will wonder why they are paying 400 bucks for a spruced up PS2 game. I really don't think MS should let Konami dump a PS2 port on their system like this after the 360 has been out for nearly a year. If this were launch then yes, but its really inexcusable to be pulling this crap 12 months after the system is out. I guess MS wanted a PES game on 360 this year, and it is the only thing Konami could oblige with.

ElyrionX

With regards to PES6 exclusivity, if the only difference between the 360 version of PES6 as compared to PS2 is the high-definition output, then I'll still be picking up the PS2 version. I think there has to be some significant difference between the two versions for long-time fans to buy the 360 version since most of us are so used to playing it with the DS2.

Mrbob said:

Now, considering this will be the 3rd freaking Fifa on 360 in one year, EA better pull out all the stops.

what was EA's deal with the NFL?

EA have just signed a deal with the English FA to get the rights to the Premiership teams, hell of a lot of money to potentially not use on a million+ selling console for a whole year, is it something similar?

snatches

travisbickle said:

What I can't believe is how many sony fans are up in this thread saying "oh, 360 version is high rez ps2 game, next gen starts with teh ps3".

Give me a break. Why are Konami and EA reusing assets on their "next gen" games?
Because:

a) it's cheap
2) it's easy
c) eurowankers will buy the shit out of both games anyways.

It's the same with Madden over here in the US of A.

The ps3 version when it eventually streets will be the same as the 360 version that year. Anyone who believes anything different is 100% ignorant of this industry.

snatches said:
What I can't believe is how many sony fans are up in this thread saying "oh, 360 version is high rez ps2 game, next gen starts with teh ps3".

Give me a break. Why are Konami and EA reusing assets on their "next gen" games?
Because:

a) it's cheap
2) it's easy
c) eurowankers will buy the shit out of both games anyways.

It's the same with Madden over here in the US of A.

The ps3 version when it eventually streets will be the same as the 360 version that year. Anyone who believes anything different is 100% ignorant of this industry.

This is funny as hell, because it's true on all fronts. I remember when RE4 was announced for GC 'exclusive', and there were all sorts of comments from S-bots, like "The series started going downhill after RE3 anyways" or "Who needs RE, we have Onimusha and DMC".

There are hypocrites on this board all over the place. "A standard Hard drive is wasteful, it's just a glorified memory card anyway", and then when PS3 has a hard drive, it's all of a sudden the greatest thing ever.

These sour grape threads are always amusing, because you don't often have to see the SDF running full damage control (599 withstanding).

hadareud

The Translator
have you people who are saying that it is "the ps2 version in hd" actually bothered to watch the footage?

just a question.

Top Bottom