• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES6 and FIFA 07 next-gen exclusives to Xbox 360 for one year - confirmed

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
ElyrionX said:
WTF? Most people I know of uses the d-pad.
I dont know anyone who uses it and I cant imagine using it at all. Ive tried but I just cant get used to it, playing it with the analogue stick feels so much better.

Kabuki Waq said:
why say the first ps3 version will be true next gen...when all you have to say is pro evo 8 will be true next gen. I mean why assume pro evo 8 will be a a ps3 exclusive?

That's what is so funny about all this. I'm going to have PES360, and even if it's a hi-res port i'll still prefer it over the current-gen PS2 version. Then, months later, I'll also have the chance to pick up PES 7.

This is a treat for current X360 owners, who will be playing both. I don't give a damn about new customers or whether this has an effect on europe blah balh blah.

RaijinFY

MightyHedgehog said:
Well, as much as I'd love to give people the benefit of the doubt when making statements, I tend to stick to the literal translation of what they've bothered to type up over the internet unless I'm familiar with their posting. I agree that it's only sensible to expect better, more next-gen iterations of games from year to year. As for how much effect this will have for X360 and PS3, we'll just have to wait and see, right?

Well, the '08 editions of next-gen soccer come out next year, right? What's wrong with that statement?

As far as I know we're still in 2006 not 2007... ;)

Mrbob

Heh, interesting. I don't think its too big a deal with yearly sports games. If MS could have landed lke a 3 or 5 year exclusive, this would have been a huge deal then.

Most people will still buy the PS2 version this year. And most people will probably buy the PS2 version next year too. PS2 isn't going anywhere, because Sony didn't want to kill the platform off early.

Anyway, I know Madden 06 has been mentioned. The game was a big piece of crap, but it sold decently. Something like 500K (PS2 version sold 3.2 million by comparison). However EA decided to build the game from the ground up, and not do a lazy PS2 port like Konami is with Pro Evolution Soccer. The fruits of EAs labor have started to show up this year with a finished game in Madden 07 on 360, and it is fantastic for the most part. I wonder how far behind Konami is of a true next gen PES at the moment if all they can offer is a PS2 port for 360 owners. Well whatever I want to try out a PES game anyway so I'll take a look at it.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
monkeymagic said:
Actually no it isn't.

Again, have you played this game?

I use the digital pad and my brother uses the analog and we are as good as each other.

There is generally a 50/50 split amongst PES gamers as to which they use.

Saying full analog control of the player is vital is just ignorant.

Yeah im a d-pad fascist. Deal with it.

And that 50/50 split depends who you poll, the sticks arent popular on DS2 but the no one in their right mind would use the dpad the S and 360 controllers.

jett said:
Yes, ENORMOUS BLOW TO SONY, even though everyone will buy it on PS2, but ENORMOUS BLOW TO SONY nonetheless.

You cant reason with the extremists man. Xbots, feel its doomsday for the PS3 while Sonybots are running spin control at full blast.

This is pretty big new for the 360 in Europe, but with a promised version of PES4 on all next gen systems next year people wont be jumping ship from the PS3.

DCharlie said:
my contention is that we haven't played PES6 - same basis or not, improvements still can be made. As you alude too - to the untrained eye , you don't see an immediate difference between the games, it's more about AI and movent.

and my second gripe is that the PS3 version will magically have all these extras a mere 2-3 months later apparently.

For the record, i own every single WE/PES game made.

You must see that "as a game" it's improvements (from what we see in a 80 second clip) are similar to the differences between the yearly versions on PS2, not worth the purchase of a £300 machine. I want a totally new game for the new generation, PES 6 will be using the engine from WE9 which is slightly tweaked and obviously changed to English. The PS3 version will have been started by a team from the release of WE9 if not before, as stated in my quote by Seabass, they've got plenty of motion capture which they couldn't use because of space limitations, it's there they just need the space of next gen media and we'll be all set.

eso76

Wait, so it's like GTA4 all over again ?
They actually meant exclusive for THIS YEAR and not FOR A YEAR ? dumb.
Not that i ever cared about football games anyway :p

Luckyman

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
Well, the '08 editions of next-gen soccer come out next year, right? What's wrong with that statement?

My bet is FIFA 07 will come early next year to PS3 because they cant make launch.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
MrPing1000 said:
bleh not that big a deal tbh.

PES6 will sell more on the ps2 than x360 guaranteed.

of course it will.

I don't get why people are making any deal of this. I'm pretty sure we knew this would happen all along due to the conditions under which the sports game market exists this year (i.e. x360 is really the only viable next-gen option at this point). I sincerely doubt any real money exchanged hands as a result of this deal, considering that this was in the cards anyway.

sol_bad

Are you sure it's a year? The press release says THIS YEAR. That means 4 months of exclusivity if you ask me.

jett

D-Member
Heh, interesting. I don't think its too big a deal with yearly sports games. If MS could have landed lke a 3 or 5 year exclusive, this would have been a huge deal then.

The moneyhats to units-sold ratio doesn't justify that kind of deal for either Konami or MS. :p

Acosta

That just means PS3 won´t get a soccer game until January or February (taking on count the systems come in middle of November).

Is not a big deal.

From the Eurogamer article
Microsoft brought a touch of the Abramoviches to the next-gen football market today, fashioning a deal to secure FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer's Xbox 360 exclusivity for the next 12 months.

FIFA '07, announced for 360 today, is based on a complete engine rewrite, and today's Microsoft conference in Leipzig saw producer Hugues Ricour demonstrating the game, which is due out later this year.

But it was only following a trailer for the 360 version of Pro Evolution Soccer 6 - playable on Microsoft's stand - that Microsoft played its trump card. Addressing a football-loving German press pack, dotted with pesky foreigners (like me), executive Chris Lewis declared, "Microsoft owns football," with no small about of zeal as he pointed out that now it doesn't really matter which game you prefer, since there's only one place to play the flagship versions.
Advertisement

Both games will appear exclusively on 360 for the next 12 months, he said, although the deal is next-gen exclusivity rather than the full shebang - after all, everyone knows current-generation console games don't count.

AirBrian

jett said:
Yes, ENORMOUS BLOW TO SONY, even though everyone will buy it on PS2, but ENORMOUS BLOW TO SONY nonetheless.

Mrbob said:

Most people will still buy the PS2 version this year. And most people will probably buy the PS2 version next year too. PS2 isn't going anywhere, because Sony didn't want to kill the platform off early.

Anyway, I know Madden 06 has been mentioned. The game was a big piece of crap, but it sold decently. Something like 500K (PS2 version sold 3.2 million by comparison). However EA decided to build the game from the ground up, and not do a lazy PS2 port like Konami is with Pro Evolution Soccer. The fruits of EAs labor have started to show up this year with a finished game in Madden 07 on 360, and it is fantastic for the most part. I wonder how far behind Konami is of a true next gen PES at the moment if all they can offer is a PS2 port for 360 owners. Well whatever I want to try out a PES game anyway so I'll take a look at it.

Nerevar said:
of course it will.

I don't get why people are making any deal of this. I'm pretty sure we knew this would happen all along due to the conditions under which the sports game market exists this year (i.e. x360 is really the only viable next-gen option at this point). I sincerely doubt any real money exchanged hands as a result of this deal, considering that this was in the cards anyway.

How dare you people use logic!

Nozi

Banned
sol_bad said:
Are you sure it's a year? The press release says THIS YEAR. That means 4 months of exclusivity if you ask me.

PES6 and FIFA 360 will be next-gen exclusives for 12 months

hadareud

The Translator
it seems he specifically said 12 months (not this year or a year). But whatever.

Since it is not positive for MS anyway, why would you care if it is 4 months or 12 months. 12 months of exclusivity surely must be better for Sony, since the PS2 versions are the definite versions.

I think that anyone,planning to stand in line for a PS3 this fall,will buy the system regardless of whether FIFA or PES was available.
However if FIFA and/or PES were available at the PS3 launch,they would automatically be the best selling launch titles.
Madden 07 looks identical on the X360 and PS3,in my opinion. So,i am not sure why some people think that the next year versions of FIFA/PES will look any better than the X360 versions available this year.

sol_bad

The press release says this year, but at the conference they said 12 months?
IMO I think it's MS playing up on the announcement like they did with GTA4. PES and FIFA are exclusice this year liike the PR says and the Rockstar spokes person said they hadn't negotiated any deals with MS on exclusive content.
I know GTA4 has nothing to do with soccer games but I'm sure you see what I mean. MS like to over boast.

scarybore

travisbickle said:
The PS3 version will have been started by a team from the release of WE9 if not before, as stated in my quote by Seabass, they've got plenty of motion capture which they couldn't use because of space limitations, it's there they just need the space of next gen media and we'll be all set.

I would have presumed they mean a lack of space in terms of system memory than disc media but you may be right.

And yeah this is good for MS, but I don't think people are going to rush out to buy a 360 to play PES in HD just yet and will settle for the PS2 version. If this was for next year then I think it would have more impact.

Personally, I have never seen anyone play PES with a D Pad but with Sony's sticks that don't surprise me.

Ajax

Banned
Mrbob said:

Best post of the thread. Logic ftw!

Acosta

Let me enlight you.

This doen´t mean anything at all, just that EA is not going to rush a FIFA to be another disaster like the first FIFA in Xbox 360 (that didn´t sold well). First months of 2007 they will probably launch a UEFA Champions League Game in PS3.

And about PES, possible PES team wasn´t ready to develop so soon for PS3. They will launch the next Winning Eleven in Japan next year and PES 7 will be ready for when it has to, at the beginning of national leagues.

So is not a brilliant strategy of Microsof or anything, but surely it looks a pretty cool thing to say to press. I have no desire to put down anyone here, I´m just asking you to be realistic.

hadareud

The Translator
the question is if anyone will care how these games ended up being exclusive.

I don't know, but I've seen few people in stores thinking about buying an exclusive game for a platform, but then saying "sorry, I can't buy this. It's not an exclusive for the right reasons, therefore I'll wait a year even though I'd like to play it."

It might not Be a HUGE blow to Sony but it will move Xbox 360s for soccer fans.
also:

12 Months

Hi-Def

PRO

EVOLUTION

SOCCER

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

the Best Sports Game in the world Coming to 360!

Nozi

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:

Not a huge blow? The two biggest soccer games not available for the ps3 for 12 months in the biggest soccer market in the world?

Man this thread is a hoot!!

PES6 only on 360 was known way back during E3! Fifa is obviously nowhere ready for PS3, so they'll just wait for Fifa 08 (or Road to Euro 08 or some nonsense :lol )

It's not that big a deal, but it's a good feather in MS cap. Of course MS need to actually step up their marketing in Europe - it's a joke!

Where having Pro Evo and Fifa might make a difference for MS (in the UK at least) is the fact that over Christmas it's likely that PS3 will be scarce, 360 will not have the shortages that plagued it last year, and having Pro Evo and Fifa *in addition* to stuff like Gears of War may help people on the fence to decide that a 360 is a nice crimbo present.

But MS deffo need to step up the 360 marketing in the UK for this to have any real effect.

Ajax

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
also:

12 Months

Hi-Def

PRO

EVOLUTION

SOCCER

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

the Best Sports Game in the world Coming to 360!

Ummm didn't you already know that?

Nozi said:
Not a huge blow? The two biggest soccer games not available for the ps3 for 12 months in the biggest soccer market in the world?

there we go again

jett

D-Member
Nozi said:

I guess in the dimension you live in the PS2 ceased to exist. Watch the PS2 version obliterate the 360 ports in sales this year and the next. The PS2 version. ENORMOUS BLOW TO SONY, though.

gollumsluvslave said:
Where having Pro Evo and Fifa might make a difference for MS (in the UK at least) is the fact that over Christmas it's likely that PS3 will be scarce, 360 will not have the shortages that plagued it last year, and having Pro Evo and Fifa *in addition* to stuff like Gears of War may help people on the fence to decide that a 360 is a nice crimbo present.

Stop making sense, that kind of stuff does not belong here :lol

Nozi

Banned
jett said:
I guess in the dimension you live in the PS2 ceased to exist. Watch the PS2 version obliterate the 360 ports in sales this year and the next. The PS2 version. ENORMOUS BLOW TO SONY, though.

We'll see.

Speevy

Banned
I don't care about soccer, but good news for MS. Maybe the 360 can stop stagnating in Europe for a few months when these are released.

Ajax

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
I love the way the Psyborgs are coming out and posting so much JUST to point out how this isnt a big deal in the least.:lol

I like how the xbots are trying to make a big deal out of things we already knew and didn't really take so seriously.

PRO EVOLUTION

ON 360

IN HI DEF

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jett said:

Ps2 versions of 08 will probably kill the true next gen ps3 soccer games as well. Whats your point? might not be a huge blow to SONY but it is gonna effect the PS3 negatively for a bit.

Ajax said:
I like how the xbots are trying to make a big deal out of things we already knew.

PRO EVOLUTION

ON 360

IN HI DEF

Just because we already knew doesnt mean it isnt a big deal. I have been waiting for this game a long time.

and why does it bother you anyways?

Ajax said:
I like how the xbots are trying to make a big deal out of things we already knew.

PRO EVOLUTION

ON 360

IN HI DEF

Well, apparently a lot of people didn't know both these games would be exclusive for a year (including eurogamer themselves). I guess perhaps this thread is a good indicator on how many of us were left in the dark on that one. Not all of us can be on top of the news as well as yourself.

Oh and on XBox LIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE as well, WOOOOOOO.

Ajax

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
Just because we already knew doesnt mean it isnt a big deal. I have been waiting for this game a long time.

and why does it bother you anyways?

It bothers me because this entire thread has been a braging contest between xbox fans for things we already knew and didn't really care about just because MS made a PR statement with fancy words.

Ajax said:
It bothers me because this entire thread has been a braging contest between xbox fans for things we already knew and didn't really care about just because MS made a PR statement with fancy words.

why dont you go into the MGS4 thread and tell them to stop being happy about MGS4 since you "OMG" already knew it was coming to PS3.

Just because you didnt care about it doesnt mean everybody else didnt either. The fact that you have posted this much obviously means you care about it :lol

Ajax

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
why dont you go into the MGS4 thread and tell them to stop being happy about MGS4 since you "OMG" already knew it was coming to PS3.

Just because you didnt care about it doesnt mean everybody else didnt either. The fact that you have posted this much obviously means you care about it :lol

I can't recall any Sony fan in the MGS4 thread saying: "OMG it's not for 360! This is HUGE NEWS. MGS4. ON PS3. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" (I summed it up)

jett

D-Member
Kabuki Waq said:
Ps2 versions of 08 will probably kill the true next gen ps3 soccer games as well. Whats your point? might not be a huge blow to SONY but it is gonna effect the PS3 negatively for a bit.

It's definitely a positive for the 360, no doubt, but it's not an ENORMOUS BLOW to Sony as Nozi said.

Top Bottom