• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT:HD will be playable at TGS, NOT GT5

Juice

The drumroll leading to the PS3 launch has very much reminded me of the 18 month long Easter that the DS has enjoyed.

Except exactly the opposite of that.

Mmmkay

From IGN:
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/728/728269p1.html
The site lists "Gran Turismo Series" as being set for display at the Tokyo Game Show. The site seems to definitely be refering to the actual next Gran Turismo retail product, as it lists a release date and price (both TBA). However, the screens shown at the site are from Gran Turismo HD, an E3-only demo that Polyphony prepared for the May show, and are marked as such. Will we get actual hands-on time with the true next generation GT at TGS, or will Sony give Japanese players a chance at GT HD?

snatches

45764606_82ac327354_m.jpg

Rody

It's still not known.

IGN said:
The site lists "Gran Turismo Series" as being set for display at the Tokyo Game Show. The site seems to definitely be refering to the actual next Gran Turismo retail product, as it lists a release date and price (both TBA). However, the screens shown at the site are from Gran Turismo HD, an E3-only demo that Polyphony prepared for the May show, and are marked as such. Will we get actual hands-on time with the true next generation GT at TGS, or will Sony give Japanese players a chance at GT HD?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/728/728269p1.html

Edit: Beaten.

RuGalz

It was already playable at E3...

I wouldn't mind them releasing GTHD with online play (*cough* GT4 online beta *cough*) at reduced price until GT5 is out. It already looks better than RR6 anyway.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
MasterMFauli said:
Ah, puuh, i thought, you meant "No Gekitou Ninja Taisen 5", but it´s only Gran Turismo...

...Why would you think that? There's no Naruto in the title, and Gekitou Ninja Taisen would abbreviate to GNT5. :p

snatches

RuGalz said:
It was already playable at E3...

I wouldn't mind them releasing GTHD with online play (*cough* GT4 online beta *cough*) at reduced price until GT5 is out. It already looks better than RR6 anyway.

Thank you for that pointless comparison

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Doom_Bringer said:
lol SSX own3d.

I have a feeling this game will be released

It may be (I'd love if someone would translate the Famitsu article on it), but as IGN reports, the GT page seems to suggest a distinction between this and the GT:HD demo at E3. The blurb mentions nothing about GT:HD, but then at the bottom there's a note saying that all images are taken from the GT:HD E3 demo. Even on the front page the shot is qualified as being a "E3 2006 GT:HD" shot - none of the other games have their shots qualified in such a manner. So they may well be simply using those for illustrative purposes. Or not..:p

It boggles my mind, that Bizzare Creations made such a gorgeous and almost complete package known as PGR3 in a pretty short time, yet Polyphony waste their time with a GT4 port with some slight to non-existant enhancements und full HD.

Luckyman

Banned
It will be GT:HD with upgraded graphical assets (backgrounds, cars..). But not GT5.

It boggles my mind, that Bizzare Creations made such a gorgeous and almost complete package known as PGR3 in a pretty short time, yet Polyphony waste their time with a GT4 port with some slight to non-existant enhancements und full HD

Why are you comparing a techdemo to a final product?

Dante

If this was offered free, packed in with the HD, Then that would be a major freebie to the fans and early adopters, and a nice lil pack in title. But, geez, I hope they are not dumping a lot of resources on this one.

Guns N' Poops said:
It boggles my mind, that Bizzare Creations made such a gorgeous and almost complete package known as PGR3 in a pretty short time, yet Polyphony waste their time with a GT4 port with some slight to non-existant enhancements und full HD.

Just a theory, but if this product really is coming out. I think Sony is telling Polyphony to do it, instead of Polyphony wanting to do it themselves. They did make Polyphony put it together at E3, so I guess they also said "ok guys, make it a real game for launch".

I don't think this is a full game though. It looks like a multiplayer component that will either be bundled or sold for cheap at retail or download to show off the new PS3 online network.

Wollan

Guns N' Poops said:
Polyphony waste their time with a GT4 port with some slight to non-existant enhancements und full HD.

Yeah they are probably spending all their time on GTHD. [/sarcasm]
What's most likely the scenario is that they spent the three weeks making the demo for E3 and that was that. It's being used again just for brand awareness.

djkimothy

It would not make good business sense to release this as a retail product. The key feature here is 1080p! Who the hell owns a 1080p display? This product would cater to a fraction of the user base who already owns an HD display. Hence why I think this is not a retail product. This is essentially GT4 in 1080p, why would they resell a product that would be backwards compatible with the PS3?

Doom_Bringer said:
lol SSX own3d.

I have a feeling this game will be released

No, every place that posts those screens also posts that they're taken from the E3 only build of GTHD and that the version of GT released on the PS3 will far exceed GTHD. They aren't working GTHD. End of story.

ourumov

Well, call me stupid...but if it came with Online play I would definitely buy it despite the fact it was only an improved GT4.

Udde

If I don't see anything new of Gran Turismo Portable or Gran Turismo 5 in this TGS, I will be really really sad :(

shpankey

not an idiot
instead of 1080p they should just use better FSAA and AF. well, actually, they should just drop this altogether and spend the [obviously] little resources they're wasting on this on GT5.

GT5 with new upcoming FF Logi wheel. Mmmmmm, yea baby, can't wait.

Guns N' Poops said:

Polyphony spent 3 weeks on GTHD that was it. They put it together at E3 because Ken wanted them to show something and they weren't ready to show GT5. That's all this is, a small demo they tossed together for E3.

bud

maybe it really is gt5?

this is what i found on gtplanet

I was very surprised when I saw latest issue of Croatia "Auto Klub" magazine which came with the KY's interview about GT games and future of the series.

As majority of interview was related towards his past and work on previous incarnations of GT games, he stated that he "hopes that GT5 will be finished during 2007".

He also talked about fantastic sales of GT4 (more then 6 BigOnes), about his fascination with Nurburgring and he also stated that "GT5 will be 100 times more detailed then GT4". I take this "100 times" as part of journalist's freedom, but this way or another, this is the first glympse of the possible release date by KY so far.

:O

djkimothy

Bud said:
maybe it really is gt5?

this is what i found on gtplanet

:O

Are you alluding to the images (GT:HD) being GT5?

Cause from that snippet there doesn't seem to be evidence that GT:HD is GT5.

I think you're being too vague for my liking. :)

Top Bottom