• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT:HD will be playable at TGS, NOT GT5

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Fight for Freeform said:
GT is a driving game, not a racing game, thus damage is not really important.

But what would be important is realistic physics, to the point where you can roll or flip your vehicle. Especially when driving trucks and SUVs, it has to be in the game.

It's important to change the game. Other games are competing hard now for Polyphony spot. They can't keep fall behind or they will get lost.

Pimpwerx

Zaptruder said:
No, you're just been a hyperbolic ****tard when you rant on about "I'll lead a boycott myself."

I know you realise that... but I just want to emphasize it.

You say you're a big GT fan... but I don't see how a broken PS2/PS1 makes up for missing out on those games... how hard can it be to buy another one? Especially when at that point in time, the respective systems were already at mass market prices.

You're as bad as Isamu; hyping the hell out of something only to not bother getting it himself.
A PS1 cost like $120. More than I had at the time in college. A PS2 was still $180. Way more than the damn thing was worth. A GC was $99. I got a GC. In hindsight, a stupid decision, but if you've ever read one of my rants on the infrastructure costs for video games (IOW, why I continue to believe in the one-system future), you'd understand why the prospect of shelling out lots of money for hardware isn't my thing. I'm a GT whore (been so from the beginning), but one game isn't worth spending a grand total of $480 on hardware for. Well, it wasn't at the time, at least. In hindsight, I should have just gotten another goddamn PS2. But since I didn't...bah, I don't need to explain myself on this. Point being, I don't have a PS2 anymore, and never will again. And that fact doesn't change the fact that GT:HD will be a cheap cash-in on diehard fans. It's a dumb idea whether or not I own(ed) GT4 or GT2. PEACE.

Gek54

Fight for Freeform said:
GT is a driving game, not a racing game, thus damage is not really important.

But what would be important is realistic physics, to the point where you can roll or flip your vehicle. Especially when driving trucks and SUVs, it has to be in the game.

You are not going to see production cars roll in a game as long as the majority of the marketing firms/departments of the car manufactures have their say.

Any simulation racing where colision is possible then damage is very important for online play. GT is a racing game, the subtitle doesnt determine the type of game it is. The license test only make up a very small faction of the game and when racing makes up 90% of a game then it is a racing game.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
so basically they have no plans for a GT5(scratch built game from the ground up) anytime this year or next?

Pimpwerx

isamu said:
so basically they have no plans for a GT5(scratch built game from the ground up) anytime this year or next?
I'm expecting Spring 2008 or so, although a Winter release seems to make more sense with new car models hitting lots. Plus it would really drive hardware sales. There was a similar veil around the GT3 release too. PEACE.

I have no idea what the hell is going on with PD lately (GT Mobile MIA, GT5 MIA, etc...). BUT - I do know one thing, if they were able to produce the HD game in 3 weeks for E3, I am surely going to love what I see at TGS now that they have had months to refine the engine and visuals.

I am starting to believe more and more that GT:HD is a real game and will be released within the launch "window". Meh - wutevar....please just let me smash up the cars if I so desire...

Elios83

From Gamefront (babelfished):

Gran Turismo on Tokyo Game show 29.08.06 - Kazunori Yamauchi, inventor of the Gran Turismo series, communicates on the official Website, which to the Tokyo Game show (22.09.06 - 24.09.06) the next version by Gran Turismo to PlayStation3 is pointed. Since the E3 valid designation Gran Turismo hp it does not use not, just as Gran Turismo 5 - whether it concerns only a change of name of Gran Turismo hp or a completely new Gran Turismo, remains being waiting.

Believe or not believe?:lol :lol

Zaptruder

Banned
Elios83 said:

Gran Turismo on Tokyo Game show 29.08.06 - Kazunori Yamauchi, inventor of the Gran Turismo series, communicates on the official Website, which to the Tokyo Game show (22.09.06 - 24.09.06) the next version by Gran Turismo to PlayStation3 is pointed. Since the E3 valid designation Gran Turismo hp it does not use not, just as Gran Turismo 5 - whether it concerns only a change of name of Gran Turismo hp or a completely new Gran Turismo, remains being waiting.

What am I believing?!

Vetteboy98 said:
I have no idea what the hell is going on with PD lately (GT Mobile MIA, GT5 MIA, etc...). BUT - I do know one thing, if they were able to produce the HD game in 3 weeks for E3, I am surely going to love what I see at TGS now that they have had months to refine the engine and visuals.

I am starting to believe more and more that GT:HD is a real game and will be released within the launch "window". Meh - wutevar....please just let me smash up the cars if I so desire...
at the very least it just needs to have online. then GTHD will be worth the money IMO

Razoric

Banned
Elios83 said:

It's in another language thus I believe.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
In some respects I think xbox stole the racing thunder from Playstation. Forza wasn't quite there, but showed a lot of promise, and Project Gotham 3 really shows that racing can still be fun as well as demanding.

GT runs the risk of becoming much too dry (and MS have that covered with GTR2 as well). I think Sony urgently need something to hit Project Gotham head on. The WRC guys could probably do something cool with street racing.

bud

the gt franchise is still the biggest racing (or driving) franchise out there and i think that onlin+damage+other improvements will keep it like that.

gt5......i believe

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Wollan said:
Motorstorm will sell like hothothot.
5elem4.gif

Elios83 said:

For better understanding:
Kazunori Yamauchi says on the official website that the next version of GT will be shown on TGS.
It is neither called "GT HD" nor "GT 5". It remains to be seen if its just a name-change for GT HD, or if it will be a brand new GT.

btw, this "news" is already 2 days old...

Wollan

I expect a handful of locals to attack the GT2008 thread with claims of a bad font.
Don't disappoint me NeoGAF.

Last Hope

Guns N' Poops said:
It boggles my mind, that Bizzare Creations made such a gorgeous and almost complete package known as PGR3 in a pretty short time, yet Polyphony waste their time with a GT4 port with some slight to non-existant enhancements und full HD.
Well I and many others though that PGR2 was a better game than PGR3. Perhaps, Bizzare should have updated PGR2 for HD like Polyphony is doing instead of rushing PGR3 out the door 6-12 months early.

Last Hope said:
Well I and many others though that PGR2 was a better game than PGR3. Perhaps, Bizzare should have updated PGR2 for HD like Polyphony is doing instead of rushing PGR3 out the door 6-12 months early.

It's not a fair comparison anyway since the expectations for what Polyphony has to do with GT5 are much higher than what Bizarre achieved with PGR3 which is more or less a visual upgrade with an enhanced online mode. The expectations for GT5 right now is that it basically has to be reinvention of the series.

JoDark

MS Viral Marketing
Wow, my brain bleeds at some of these comments.

PGR 2 HD would be better than PGR 3??????

GT is a driving game and therefore needs no damage?!?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just give me the damn game, with damage, no freaking bouncing off of walls as a technique, AI that matters, and ONLINE DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, a bit more calm now.

Oh, and my GOD DAMN PSP VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! need more excalmations :)

Flo_Evans

I don't care that much about cosmetic damage, but they must fix the 'pinball' effect before taking GT online. Rubbin' is racing, and GTs bumping is pretty damn sad. If I t-bone some poor shmuck @ 100 mph we should be out of the race. Leave an option to 'respawn' like when you wipe out in TT and everyone is happy.

When I try and make a pass in a corner I want to be afraid of contact not "O I can just bankshot off this dude and take him out".

bud

OH SNAP SONY INSIDER ASNWERETH!

Q. Oblivion PS3. When is it gonna come out? Q1 2007? Announcement soon?
A. Don't know. That's up the Bethesda.

Q. The PS3 is clear black, or translucent black if you will. Any chances of an internal lighting feature?
A. The PS3 is opaque and shiny, like an auto paint job.

Q. Is GT:HD a real game? Meaning will it come out with a pricetag?
A. Yes.

Q. What happened to fight night 3 for PS3?, IIRC its still in development, but no new info is known.
A. It's an EA game, but at the moment it's still on the list of launch titles.

Q. Will eyetoy be available at launch? Will there be headsets and other accessories at launch also? Any other bluetooth devices?
A. PS2 Eye Toy will work on PS3. PS3 specific Eye Toy titles (and a new camera) are currently in the works.

Q. How much will an extra controller cost?
A. That's undecided.

Q. Is a PS3 socom in the works? Have you seen it?
A. Yes. No.

Q. How does the 4 lights on the controller work? Is it only 4 controllers now? or still 7?
A. Blue Tooth supports up to 7 devices. It's up to individual developers to decide how to use them (controllers are just one option).

Q. Speaking theoretically, If the psp acts as a remote through the wireless network, does that mean you could be in an entirely different location from you're home and still operate your ps3?
A. That's the idea.

Q. Any details on what will ship inside the box on november 17th? Cables? Demos? Movie Trailers?
A. Undecided. The idea of including some kind of multimedia bundle is seriously being considered. Ie, you get a free game and/or BluRay movie in the box.

Q. Is Sony talking about a PSP revision?
A. R&D always has something in the works. There's no telling what or when that might be, however. There is a strong possibility the White PSP may be available stateside by Christmas, however.

Q. Does the Getaway still look as good as it did at GDC?
A. No, it looks much, much worse.

lol!

Wollan

Lol, a Sony 'insider'.

And if Ken Kuturagi knocked on my door and told me that GTHD in it's current state/graphics would be released as boxed game I still wouldn't believe it would happen.

bud

Wollan said:
Lol, a Sony 'insider'.

And if Ken Kuturagi knocked on my door and told me that GTHD in it's current state/graphics would be released as boxed game I still wouldn't believe it would happen.

BUT WHY WOULDN'T YOU BELIEVE THIS SONY INSIDER

HE SAYS THAT FIGHT NIGHT 3 IS A LAUNCH TITLE

IT MUST BE TRUE!

Top Bottom