• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Playable PlayStation Home Restored by Fans

Spyxos

Gold Member

n 2021, we released an IGN Inside Story about the PlayStation Home fans refusing to let it die, where we met Nagato from Destination Home, a non-profit project attempting to revive PlayStation Home and restore the much loved PS3 social hub for future generations.

2 years later and 8 years after the official service shut down for good, a group of hardcore PlayStation Home fans have finally got a playable version of PlayStation Home running. We reached back out to Nagato to not only talk about the development journey since we last spoke, but also to test out the playable version of PlayStation Home restored by its fans.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
From what i recall, PSHome was profitable for SONY. Wish they'd bring it back. With fast SSD and fast internet, it'd load faster and smoother.
The load times were the only thing I didn’t like. It was a good time aside from that. I’m surprised they didn’t bring it back during the ps4 life cycle.

ReBurn

Gold Member
The novelty wore off quickly. A couple of the games were ok but mostly it was boring with male avatars trying to hook up with female avatars, not knowing the female avatars were also dudes.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Home was a cool idea that was likely ahead of its time. I just didn’t bother with it as there was no reason to unless Sony was offering me free games.

They should’ve had real classic arcade games in the arcade room, and at least a classic console you could buy and get games for in your apartment.

Could’ve been really cool.

93xfan

Banned
Home was a really cool idea. I could see it being fun and worth it due to not needing as big of load times. In VR might also be really cool too

Certinty

If they actually brought this back for the PS4 (and PS5) and improved everything that the PS3 held them back on, this would have been a completely killer app during COVID.

stranno

There are lots of PS3 games/services revived by PSONE and PSORG groups. Unfortunately MAG seems doomed. No progress has been shown so far in the last year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom