• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 lineup revealed, includes Pokken, doesn't include Street Fighter IV

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
0j2zBY9.png

What is your prediction for lineup for EVO 2016? They haven't announced the time for the announcement but it's possible that they could follow their schedule from last year which is 7PM PST/10PM EST.

Edited: thanks to Spotty Ren for bringing it to our attention. 7PM PST/10PM EST is pretty much confirmed.

Cuellar has relayed to Shoryuken that these details will be announced live from the Red Bull eSports studio in Santa Monica, California. Tune into Twitch at 7 PM PST, 10 PM EST to catch it all.

Confirmed games at EVO 2016

Street Fighter V
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Mortal Kombat X
Killer Instinct
Guilty Gear Xrd R
Pokken Tournament
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Tekken 7 FR

Neoxon

My guesses were...
  • Street Fighter V
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Killer Instinct
  • Tekken 7
I didn't get Pokkén Tournament, & USFIV got cut. Otherwise, not bad.

Lothars

SFV
SFIV
UMVC3
MKX
Smash 4
Smash Melee
Guilty Gear
Tekken 7
Killer Instinct

I might be missing one but those are the guarentee's I think.

FluxWaveZ

Catherine, I guess.
My guesses are...
  • Street Fighter V
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Killer Instinct
  • Tekken 7
Or these. I'd probably remove USFIV in my list.

My guesses are...
  • Street Fighter V
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Killer Instinct
  • Tekken 7

Makes the most sense, I'd be fine with that.

Did they announce how many games there could be?

LiK

My guesses are...
  • Street Fighter V
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Killer Instinct
  • Tekken 7

that's pretty much it

My guesses are...
  • Street Fighter V
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Killer Instinct
  • Tekken 7
Can't see it being anything else but this.

pizzacat

Banned
One of the smashes is probably going to get dropped and before someone just gives me numbers because of course I asked for it here, I remember one of the evo dudes talking about taking one off or doing something special with it, we will see.

Dude was probably joking, who knows?

I'd like them to be bold and drop both USF4 and Melee this year and just go with the new games to see how they go, but I bet at least Ultra makes it in for better or worse.

If you want to do those games though, I'd love to see top 8 invite only 'gods of SF4/gods of Melee' tournaments to showcase their legacy status.

FluxWaveZ

Didn't stop them last year.

Although it's kinda messed up that a year has passed and it's still not out.

Last year worked because the game had "just" come out, after EVO 2014 but before EVO 2015. That window has long since passed, and it wouldn't fly like it did before, especially for Japanese players. Not to mention the drop in popularity in the competitive scene for the game (partly because of this).

Neoxon

Better see some Pokken.
I do as well, but running Pokkén Tournament at EVO could get a bit pricey considering that you need 2 Wii Us to run the game optimally. Unless either Nintendo, Bandai Namco, The Pokémon Company, or any combo of the three covers the bill, I'm not sure if Pokkén Tournament will make the main stage.

Effect

I still think Pokken making their presence at EVO somehow.

I wonder. It will only have been out for the masses for three or four months by the time Evo starts. It would be nice to see it though. Though I wonder how people will react to there being three Nintendo fighters being there.

Baleoce

My guesses are...
  • Street Fighter V
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Killer Instinct
  • Tekken 7

This seems about right.

My guesses are...
  • Street Fighter V
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Killer Instinct
  • Tekken 7

I'd be surprised if it wasn't this

One of the smashes is probably going to get dropped and before someone just gives me numbers because of course I asked for it here, I remember one of the evo dudes talking about taking one off or doing something special with it, we will see.

Dude was probably joking, who knows?

At the end of the day, it's about money and viewers. Smash brings in more of those two than any other game that could possibly replace one of them.

I do as well, but running Pokkén Tournament at EVO could get a bit pricey considering that you need 2 Wii Us to run the game optimally. Unless either Nintendo, Bandai Namco, The Pokémon Company, or any combo of the three covers the bill, I'm not sure if Pokkén Tournament will make the main stage.

N9wwxA4.gif

Bleepey

SF5 and SF4? I can understand the two flavours of smash cos Smash is serious business but i'd have thought people would jump ship to SF5.

AZUMIKE

My guesses are...
  • Street Fighter V
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Killer Instinct
  • Tekken 7

Yup, this makes sense.

T.O.P

Banned
In order of interest

-Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN (too soon for Revelator imo)
-Street Fighter V
-Killer Instinct

Everything else i barely care

Dambrosi

Banned
Online multi only, I'd wager, considering the game and camera systems. EDIT: Explained above, though I didn't know you could play by LAN on Wii U. That's some late 90s shit going there. :p

Still, if you honestly think Nintendo is too cheap to stump up two WiiUs to bring Pokken Tournament to EVO, never mind the dozen they'll probably bring, and miss out on the biggest opportunity to sell the game to a larger and more ardent potential fanbase, well, sir, i don't know what to tell you.

Neoxon

Online multi only, I'd wager, considering the game and camera systems.

Still, if you honestly think Nintendo is too cheap to stump up two WiiUs to bring Pokken Tournament to EVO, never mind the dozen they'll probably bring, and miss out on the biggest opportunity to sell the game to a larger and more ardent potential fanbase, well, sir, i don't know what to tell you.
There's Local LAN. But again, you need 2 Wii Us.

Online multi only, I'd wager, considering the game and camera systems. EDIT: Explained above, though I didn't know you could play by LAN on Wii U. That's some late 90s shit going there. :p

Unless Nintendo gets twice as many Wii Us for every tournament out there, it's just not gonna happen.

Top Bottom