• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone Made a Nifty Jet Set Radio "Radio Station" Website (Email Prof K!)

soultron

Banned
CANCEL YOUR TIDAL SUBSCRIPTIONS: THE ONLY STREAMING SERVICE YOU NEED IS HERE AND IT IS FUNKY.

http://jetsetradio.live/ #jetsetradiolive

kfUgeTs.png

Before anyone gets excited, the site appears to be based in California. (Thanks to Persona7 for this info.)

But, it's cool. Not all songs are from JSR/JSRF, but the ones that aren't still feel like they could be in a JS game.

Also, you can email Professor K if you want. Maybe you can tell him (her?) how cool their website is. Maybe you can ask them to add songs to the playlist? Not really sure, but it's a cute feature.

Figured the other JSR(F) fans on here might enjoy this thing. Kind of related, there's great 30-min mix of JSRF's OST here that's really great too.

TriAceJP

I had this on for a good while yesterday. It's really cute and I like how someone cares enough about the series to do it.

soultron

Banned
I had this on for a good while yesterday. It's really cute and I like how someone cares enough about the series to do it.

Yeah, they even went through the trouble of finding really high res art to cycle in the background too. It's a slick little site. I wish it had some kind of volume and mute controls, that's really all I want them to add.

I love the little Prof K announcements that happen on the ticker at the bottom. And the "tuning dial" effect between some of the songs, straight out of JSR. :)

Hah: I emailed Prof K and they responded back, fully in-character. Awesome. Love this even more now.

soultron

Banned
Oh my god, DJ Prof K is doing shoutouts on the ticker now! (They asked on the ticker before if anyone wanted a shoutout, to send twitter/instagram names to the email.)

This is too fun.

Persona7

Banned
The arizona thing is just the domain privacy service. The actual site is hosted in California.

anyway, what is the little speech bubble icon that pops up randomly? I tried clicking it but nothing happens.

soultron

Banned
The arizona thing is just the domain privacy service. The actual site is hosted in California.

anyway, what is the little speech bubble icon that pops up randomly? I tried clicking it but nothing happens.

If there's not a Prof K announcement appearing on the ticker already, it will trigger one. (Maybe random message? Not sure yet.)

Looking at twitter, it looks like Hideki Naganuma is liking the website. :)

https://twitter.com/Hideki_Naganuma/status/693252587068391424

213372bu

Banned
Are you suppose to do anything on the "Tune In" page?

Doesn't seem to be loading in on Chrome

Edit: Nvm it got working after a minute or two

J@hranimo

Banned
I saw this yesterday, super awesome site.

fake edit: The GAF shoutout though! Did someone here message "DJ Professor K" saying they were from NeoGAF?

soultron

Banned
I saw this yesterday, super awesome site.

fake edit: The GAF shoutout though! Did someone here message "DJ Professor K" saying they were from NeoGAF?

Not sure! Not me.

I could be playing The Division beta but I'm stuck "playing" this website and watching the ticker. This website is the concept of love.

All this does is make me want a new JSR even more D=

btw, wasn't there a website already like this (although I don't think it had Prof K)?

But yeah, I'll probably be tunning on this frequently.

Synth

The music selections are on point... I'm really impressed with this.

It's 5am here, I really shouldn't be sitting here staring at a website.

Funny, this station even has the hub and transition tracks from the game, like Professor K shouting JET SET RADIOOOOOO right before you start a stage.

Synth

I would just like to mention how much I appreciate the site being styled after the original JSR, and not the (comparattively) ugly JSRF.

Kent

The site doesn't appear to work in IE or Edge across any of my devices, including my Xbox. That sucks...

Persona7

Banned
Fuck it, I love this so much, I made it into a Fluidapp to run natively.

This is that good. Whoever the fuck is doing this, you have my props.

whoa, this is cool. I am going to try this. I was going to see if I could make it offline using node.js but this is much easier.

Veal

God this straight out of my head! Imagine an actual JSR integrating something like this in its game design. Tweeting Prof K for some meta action with a curated JSR in game! Why does reality have to be so cruel?!

Top Bottom