• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone Made a Nifty Jet Set Radio "Radio Station" Website (Email Prof K!)

Man, wouldn't that just make this a magnet for future takedowns?

Possibly........however other underground nostalgia sites like nickreboot did this successfully (it wasn't until that site tried to create a service for that content before things got muddy, iirc)

Regardless, I'll enjoy it now. I'm really impressed at the song selection and how damn near every song that plays sounds like it'd -belong- in JSR/JSRF. I haven't heard any outliers yet.

Also, I find it interesting that it's just a stream of songs and not actually a live stream of a radio/random playlist. I wonder where the songs are being pulled from!

soultron

Banned
The plot ever thickens. There's a volume control button now, along with a new icon that takes you to a site where you can either buy a mini poster for $19 or just straight up donate any amount you want, presumably to stave off any more future bandwidth issues.

Really think that this is fan-operated.
I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Camjo-Z

Really think that this is fan-operated.
I'm not going to get my hopes up.

DJ Professor K been posting on the JSR subreddit for about a week and a half now. Apparently earlier versions of the site apparently had an easter egg that would change the background to NSFW fanart, which he only took out because people kept accidentally activating it.

I think it's safe to say it's fan-operated.

Shaneus

DJ Professor K been posting on the JSR subreddit for about a week and a half now. Apparently earlier versions of the site apparently had an easter egg that would change the background to NSFW fanart, which he only took out because people kept accidentally activating it.

I think it's safe to say it's fan-operated.
Damn, I'm kinda curious about this fanart now.

Nick

I love this sf much. I still listen to the JSR and JSRF soundtracks regularly. Like once a month regularly.

Firehead

shoutout to Neogaf user Acerac in a subtitle

pY9tZf1.png
From an 'AppleWalrus'? I wonder who that is.

soultron

Banned
If SEGA takes this down I will forever lose faith in them. Hope we can enjoy this for as long as donations will allow.

Shoutout to whoever made this, Jet Set Radio one of my favorite game series of all time will defiently be listening to this on the daily. I wish SEGA would just port JSRF to new consoles already :l

A-V-B

This is some really good brand management from SEGA.

Ugh.. Brand management...

Pretend there's a better phrase for that.

Shaneus

Little things like this make me love this site even more.

hijack_zpsrbjtqt51.png
Oh god, this is too great. If there's ever another JSR game (god, make it so!) then I just know this will get a definite nod of some kind in the game.

Hell, if they just do live streaming of a soundtrack that has hundreds of songs in it, I'd be happy.

soultron

Banned
Imagine if the person behind the playlist made each of the gangs have their own musical identities so whenever they "take over" their songs will play. That'd be next-level.

soultron

Banned
Hah, I didn't screencap it but the Noisetanks replaced the rotating JSRF logo with a tagged portrait of Prof K.

This keeps getting better and better.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
This is awesome, I love Jet Set Radio. I NEED to get this station working in American Truck Simulator!!!!

wiibomb

wtf?? they are putting a tanks takedown of the station?? how the hell this is not a marketing for a new game? it's brilliant

Shaneus

wtf?? they are putting a tanks takedown of the station?? how the hell this is not a marketing for a new game? it's brilliant
It really is fucking brilliant. I'd love to see a Rez-themed one "DJed" by the main computer in Rez (with various AI-like statements) and some banging ambient/electro/tech-style beats.

Top Bottom