• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One - my digital games won't start

Just tried Halo 5, Gears Ultimate and Black Ops 3. It's telling me to insert the disc, but all these games are downloaded via Live. I spoke with 2 other friends and seem to have the same issue.
I live in Europe by the way, anyone else having problems?

I searched, but couldn't find a thread about this....

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Affected platforms: Xbox One Xbox
Affected services: Buying downloadable items, Downloading items that you have already purchased
Paying for downloadable items with stored currency, adding additional stored currency, or viewing your balance

Latest update:
Are you having a tough time launching previously purchased content or purchasing new content, Xbox members? We’re aware of the issue and our team is working hard to fix things as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience! We’ll update you as soon as we have more information.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

Can't start Netflix, but can watch about three seconds on iPlayer before it force closes.

You guys switch from instant on to energy saving (or vice-versa) and reset system? Usually have to do that after an update to get my external 5TB HDD to get recognized (for whatever reason)

edit:ah nvm widespread XBL issues now-sorry gents

Syriel

It's probably because Xbox live is down, do you completely own these games?

This.

OP is this system set as your home console? Or are you game sharing?

If the system is set as your home console, the system license is stored locally and the games should launch regardless of network connection.

If the system is not set as your home console, then you will need to be connected to XBL to use the account license for the games.

jelly

They should really decouple streaming apps from needing the Xbox Live backbone. It shouldn't take the others down with it.

No offline games, is that just a master/home console setting missing or have Microsoft still screwed up the old DRM change?

mike4001_

ROFL ... shouldn´t have read this tread.

Was watching a movie on PLEX without any problems and then went to NeoGAF and read this.

Tried to start a digital game just to try it out - didn´t work as expected.

Wanted to go back to PLEX => app also cannot be started now .... so much for movie night (via Plex)

Doing the same to me. This is my home console, I bought these games with my gamertag, can't start them.

I've only bought maybe 1/3rd of my games digitally, and while today is only a minor inconvenience, it's a realization of the crap I've been telling people could "theoretically" happen if you have all digital libraries.

Sure is making me reconsider any more digital games.

Definitely frustrating that I can't load up Halo 5 (digital purchase) but I can start COD Black Ops 3 (disc) and play multiplayer without issues... Hopefully it gets sorted out soon!

//ARCANUM

Digital futurrrre

image.php

What the hell is up with Live lately?

It seems to be getting worse and I'm not sure what the deal is. Seems like there's issues with parties and invites multiple times per week.

Microsoft really needs to look into making things more reliable because right now it just seems like a gradual degradation.

Just tried to watch a dvd, even that doesn't work, the app just stops after a few seconds. Whatever's happening seems to have almost completely disabled the console.

B3N1

ROFL ... shouldn´t have read this tread.

Was watching a movie on PLEX without any problems and then went to NeoGAF and read this.

Tried to start a digital game just to try it out - didn´t work as expected.

Wanted to go back to PLEX => app also cannot be started now .... so much for movie night (via Plex)

Was about to start Witcher 3 instead of continuing using Plex for the night. Short break to check messages. Looks like I made the right decision, app is still working.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Nothing will start. :(

I think if you have the console set to My Home Xbox you should be able to play offline. Sadly I have two consoles so the one I want to play on now won't work. I have to be online to play.

Nothing will start. :(

I think if you have the console set to My Home Xbox you should be able to play offline. Sadly I have two consoles so the one I want to play on now won't work. I have to be online to play.

I only have 1 and it's set as my home, no digital games working here.

aarcane

I was going to make a joke about my Xbox being reduced to an expensive blu-ray player. Except it won't play blu-rays.

Caayn

I find it strange that you'd need to resort to setting the console in offline mode, when the network isn't correctly, to use your games/apps. It's not exactly consumer friendly.

Top Bottom