• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon (3DS) has Chinese support, New Era/New World, coming Holiday 2016

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
You can also transfer Pokemon from Red/Blue/Green into the game if you have the eShop versions.

I believe this was the sum-total announced in the stream.

They also presented all the mainline games and then presented Sun/Moon, so it looks to be Gen 7, similar to Black/White releasing at the end of the DS era.

"As we celebrate 20 years since the launch of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green in Japan, the next era of Pokémon games is being announced! Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are coming out for systems in the Nintendo 3DS family in holiday 2016, with a new world, new Pokémon, and new adventures to discover! Watch the first teaser for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon at the top of the page." - Pokemon Website
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon/

pokemonsunm3ubj.png

From the direct. Updating as it comes. Shocked this wasn't up the second it showed up. :p

Now playable in 9 languages including Simplified and Traditional Chinese. Pokemon RGBY are forward compatible with Sun and Moon via Bank.

Neoxon

And wasted on the 3DS. Game Freak couldn't have waited until the NX Platform to do Gen 7, could they.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the games will be great. I just wish they just wrapped up Gen 6 on the 3DS & wait for the NX Platform for Gen 7.

wiibomb

I'm so disappointed in the announcement.

well at least we got 3 bits of info:

1. possible new gen?
  2. Holiday 2016
  3. Pokemon B/G/R/Y transfers
and... that's it...

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
what a waste of everyone's time. they honestly made a direct just to show the logo. Hell, I'm still confused on what sun and moon actually are. is it an anniversary game or is it a new gen? TPC continues to disappoint.

Pachimari

From the direct. Updating as it comes. Shocked this wasn't up the second it showed up. :p

There was nothing new compared to the leak we got yesterday though.

And wasted on the 3DS. Game Freak couldn't have waited until the NX Platform to do Gen 7, could they.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the games will be great. I just wish they just wrapped up Gen 6 on the 3DS & wait for the NX Platform for Gen 7.

You should know how Game Freak does this.

javac

"We're" only disappointed because the name and logo leaked, keep that in mind people. Most people were expecting nothing prior when we found out that it would only be 5 mins long. Very excited, Pokemon is always a drip feed of info, nothing new.

Did they specify 3ds?

Yup.

woen

This is really bad, you don't just show 0,5sec artwork-making of footage and the logo/release date, you have at least to say if it's a new region, new gun, show the legendaries, the starters, the heroes, some cutscene... They really know how to kill the hype — especially after a leak that leaked...everything they showed ?

Forkball

We need frame by frame screen grabs.

No footage, mother of god.

RBY to SM sounds awesome, but uh, how are they gonna get around Level 255 Golbats?

Snaku

Banned
Ugh, nothing about Go. Gen 7 stranded on old hardware when the portable NX is launching at the same damn time. The fuck, Nintendo? This is why your hardware launches are fucking duds. Sun/Moon should have been the premiere NX launch titles. What the fuck are you doing?

True Fire

What a terrible reveal compared to Gen VI. The leak didn't help, but neither did the Nintendo Direct with zero substance.

Azure J

I'm actually pretty excited for this. Also, fuck yeah finally working out a way to use RBY Pokemon in later titles.

Top Bottom